Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRAM Calculator for Ryzen ( news and discussions )

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 365 (1 members and 364 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I'm trying to overclock some memory using this calculator but I can't seem to determine the memory's die density/type. I've tried using Thaiphoon Burner and also RAMMon but all I get from them is that it's using 8 Gb / 1 die Samsung memory.

    Is there another tool I should use to help identify the die?
    Perhaps there is another data point listed below that I could derive the die type from?
    Thank you in advance! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
    MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
    RAM: G.SKILL Aegis (1x8GB) F4-3000C16S-8GISB

    Thaiphoon Burner output: https://pastebin.com/raw/Mfjv7Vts
    RAMMon output: https://pastebin.com/raw/MwM4gNuv
    Collapse

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by mpoirier View Post
      I'm trying to overclock some memory using this calculator but I can't seem to determine the memory's die density/type. I've tried using Thaiphoon Burner and also RAMMon but all I get from them is that it's using 8 Gb / 1 die Samsung memory.

      Is there another tool I should use to help identify the die?
      Perhaps there is another data point listed below that I could derive the die type from?
      Thank you in advance! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

      CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
      MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
      RAM: G.SKILL Aegis (1x8GB) F4-3000C16S-8GISB

      Thaiphoon Burner output: https://pastebin.com/raw/Mfjv7Vts
      RAMMon output: https://pastebin.com/raw/MwM4gNuv
      Out of interest are you running any other sensor related apps in the background as these can interfere with Thaiphoon burner etc.

      However upon some searching it looks like your RAM is hynix m die.
      Signature
      Welcome to EHW
      Site Guide & Features
      Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
      Site projects supported by your donations

      Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
      CPU
      AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
      Motherboard
      Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
      GPU
      Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
      Memory
      32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
      PSU
      EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
      Storage
      1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
      Storage
      1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
      Cooling
      Custom WC
      Monitor
      Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
      Case
      Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
      Operating System
      Windows 10 Pro X64
      CPU
      AMD Ryzen 2700X (8 Core/16 Thread)
      Motherboard
      Asus ROG I-Gaming X570
      GPU
      MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Armour OC
      Memory
      16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16
      PSU
      Be Quite Power11 600 Watt
      Storage
      Kingston A2000 256GB M.2
      Storage
      Sandisk Ultra 2 1TB SSD
      Storage
      Toshiba X300 4TB HDD
      Cooling
      Wraith Spire
      Case
      Thermaltake Core V1
      Collapse

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

        Out of interest are you running any other sensor related apps in the background as these can interfere with Thaiphoon burner etc.

        However upon some searching it looks like your RAM is hynix m die.
        I have no other programs installed, this is a fresh install of Windows 10 v2004.
        How did you determine the die type to be Hynix m die?
        Any idea why Thaiphoon Burner would report it as Samsung rather than Hynix?
        Last edited by mpoirier; 31-07-2020, 07:17 PM.
        Collapse

        Comment


        • #64
          I think I've already said this, but I am strongly against the usage of DRAM calc, it is a bunch of stolen XMP profiles. XMP on its own already isn't a great thing as in around 60% systems it's not stable and people don't stress test XMP!!! When it comes to memory OCing the best approach is to set loose timings like 22-22-22-50-80 and search for the highest stable frequency if needed raise voltage up to like 1.45V, then drop primary timings and go down to secondaries and tertiaries following the general guidelines, here is a guide from Integral, it's very well written:
          https://github.com/integralfx/MemTes...0OC%20Guide.md
          Motherboard
          ASUS X370-A
          GPU
          Palit Stomix GTX 1060 6GB
          CPU
          Ryzen 5 1600
          Memory
          32GB 2933CL14(2x16 ADATA XPG)
          Storage
          ADATA SX8200 PRO 1TB SSD
          Storage
          2TB Firecuda SSHD
          Storage
          2TB Maxtor eHDD
          Storage
          256GB WD Black HDD
          Keyboard
          Canyon Hazard
          Mouse
          Redragon M901
          Monitor
          Dell P2210t
          Monitor
          Philips 190V
          Audio
          ASUS DGX
          Operating System
          win 10 pro
          Router
          B715s-23c
          Collapse

          Comment


          • #65
            Hi all - just after some assistance. I've had a couple of shots at this, and I'm confident I'm matching everything up in my BIOS, but just cannot get PC to boot with calculated timings. I don't know what I've missed or selected wrong.

            CPU: 3800XT
            MOBO: MSI B550M Mortar
            RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C18-8GVK


            Collapse

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by mpoirier View Post

              I have no other programs installed, this is a fresh install of Windows 10 v2004.
              How did you determine the die type to be Hynix m die?
              Any idea why Thaiphoon Burner would report it as Samsung rather than Hynix?
              The proof is not definitive. I gathered it may be Hynix-m as I got a few hits for that chip type when looking at your kit. I did also check : https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/ which seems to indicate that your kit is possibly not Samsung B-die at the very least, however may be a different Samsung variant. I have also checked out the Gskill RAM compatibility with your board and cannot see your RAM kit : https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...del=1531907318 . This should however have no bearing on Thaiphoons ability to read the RAM, but it is just a heads up that possibly you will have a more awkward time with your RAM kit on this board possibly due to a lack of compatibility.

              That being said I do believe that you are using Hynix-m only from what I have read on the internet, there is also another list here : https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...nfusion_eg_on/

              It reference a very similar module to yours (16gb rather than your 8GB) but states it is Hynix-M



              Originally posted by pae777sano View Post
              Hi all - just after some assistance. I've had a couple of shots at this, and I'm confident I'm matching everything up in my BIOS, but just cannot get PC to boot with calculated timings. I don't know what I've missed or selected wrong.

              CPU: 3800XT
              MOBO: MSI B550M Mortar
              RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C18-8GVK

              Are you using SAFE or FAST presets ? I have to admit those are some tight timings it is suggesting with respect to the overall speed you are looking to achieve. I would look at using the SAFE option and if that is what is showing currently, I would certainly loosen those primary timings. I would give 15,15,15,15,24 a go or failing that 16,16,16,16,34. I assume you are also inputting the other calculator variables such as the Termination block/Cad Bus etc ?
              Signature
              Welcome to EHW
              Site Guide & Features
              Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
              Site projects supported by your donations

              Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
              CPU
              AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
              Motherboard
              Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
              GPU
              Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
              Memory
              32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
              PSU
              EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
              Storage
              1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
              Storage
              1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
              Cooling
              Custom WC
              Monitor
              Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
              Case
              Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
              Operating System
              Windows 10 Pro X64
              CPU
              AMD Ryzen 2700X (8 Core/16 Thread)
              Motherboard
              Asus ROG I-Gaming X570
              GPU
              MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Armour OC
              Memory
              16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16
              PSU
              Be Quite Power11 600 Watt
              Storage
              Kingston A2000 256GB M.2
              Storage
              Sandisk Ultra 2 1TB SSD
              Storage
              Toshiba X300 4TB HDD
              Cooling
              Wraith Spire
              Case
              Thermaltake Core V1
              Collapse

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

                The proof is not definitive. I gathered it may be Hynix-m as I got a few hits for that chip type when looking at your kit. I did also check : https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/ which seems to indicate that your kit is possibly not Samsung B-die at the very least, however may be a different Samsung variant. I have also checked out the Gskill RAM compatibility with your board and cannot see your RAM kit : https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...del=1531907318 . This should however have no bearing on Thaiphoons ability to read the RAM, but it is just a heads up that possibly you will have a more awkward time with your RAM kit on this board possibly due to a lack of compatibility.

                That being said I do believe that you are using Hynix-m only from what I have read on the internet, there is also another list here : https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...nfusion_eg_on/

                It reference a very similar module to yours (16gb rather than your 8GB) but states it is Hynix-M
                Thanks, I was unaware of those resources.
                Using those resources, I've decided to purchase a more suitable kit. Thanks again!
                Collapse

                Comment


                • #68
                  No problems ! Getting the right kit is always the best base to work from, like you have probably heard, go for Samsung B die and the your luck again
                  Signature
                  Welcome to EHW
                  Site Guide & Features
                  Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
                  Site projects supported by your donations

                  Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
                  CPU
                  AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
                  Motherboard
                  Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
                  GPU
                  Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
                  Memory
                  32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
                  PSU
                  EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
                  Storage
                  1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                  Storage
                  1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                  Cooling
                  Custom WC
                  Monitor
                  Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
                  Case
                  Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
                  Operating System
                  Windows 10 Pro X64
                  CPU
                  AMD Ryzen 2700X (8 Core/16 Thread)
                  Motherboard
                  Asus ROG I-Gaming X570
                  GPU
                  MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Armour OC
                  Memory
                  16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16
                  PSU
                  Be Quite Power11 600 Watt
                  Storage
                  Kingston A2000 256GB M.2
                  Storage
                  Sandisk Ultra 2 1TB SSD
                  Storage
                  Toshiba X300 4TB HDD
                  Cooling
                  Wraith Spire
                  Case
                  Thermaltake Core V1
                  Collapse

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post


                    Are you using SAFE or FAST presets ? I have to admit those are some tight timings it is suggesting with respect to the overall speed you are looking to achieve. I would look at using the SAFE option and if that is what is showing currently, I would certainly loosen those primary timings. I would give 15,15,15,15,24 a go or failing that 16,16,16,16,34. I assume you are also inputting the other calculator variables such as the Termination block/Cad Bus etc ?

                    Yeah that's the safe calculations. That's why I thought maybe I did something wrong.

                    I'll try the stepbacks like you suggested.
                    Collapse

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by pae777sano View Post


                      Yeah that's the safe calculations. That's why I thought maybe I did something wrong.

                      I'll try the stepbacks like you suggested.

                      Looks like I exported the report wrong. Did it again and I got numbers that read better.
                      Tried the below - still failing.

                      I'll keep fiddling around, however if anyone has more suggestions, open to hearing them.


                      Collapse

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by pae777sano View Post


                        Looks like I exported the report wrong. Did it again and I got numbers that read better.
                        Tried the below - still failing.

                        I'll keep fiddling around, however if anyone has more suggestions, open to hearing them.

                        Have you tried just applying the settings on the main page of the calculator and not the settings on the Advanced page ?

                        Speaking from personal experience, sometimes applying some of the more granular settings can actually be more trouble than they are worth. I tend to "cheat". I apply the main page settings and let the motherboard take care of the rest.

                        Also to remove voltages as a factor I tend to set my ram to 1.45 - 1.5v, at least while testing to see if the proposed settings will even work. SOC I set to 1.1v

                        I also set the VDDG CCD, IOD andtand CLDO VDDP to1.1 across the board, again for testing. You could reduce them later if you wish.
                        Signature
                        Welcome to EHW
                        Site Guide & Features
                        Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
                        Site projects supported by your donations

                        Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
                        CPU
                        AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
                        Motherboard
                        Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
                        GPU
                        Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
                        Memory
                        32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
                        PSU
                        EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
                        Storage
                        1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                        Storage
                        1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                        Cooling
                        Custom WC
                        Monitor
                        Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
                        Case
                        Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
                        Operating System
                        Windows 10 Pro X64
                        CPU
                        AMD Ryzen 2700X (8 Core/16 Thread)
                        Motherboard
                        Asus ROG I-Gaming X570
                        GPU
                        MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Armour OC
                        Memory
                        16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16
                        PSU
                        Be Quite Power11 600 Watt
                        Storage
                        Kingston A2000 256GB M.2
                        Storage
                        Sandisk Ultra 2 1TB SSD
                        Storage
                        Toshiba X300 4TB HDD
                        Cooling
                        Wraith Spire
                        Case
                        Thermaltake Core V1
                        Collapse

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by pae777sano View Post


                          Yeah that's the safe calculations. That's why I thought maybe I did something wrong.

                          I'll try the stepbacks like you suggested.
                          As I said I consider the DRAM calc a problem on top of a haystack of problems rather than a solution, if you decide to use it then please stress test everything with TM5 to make sure it's actually stable.

                          Speaking about motherboard recommendation list, that's simply validated to work with mobo and should have no real impact on how the RAM performs, but the combinations of CPU and mobo and some luck will have a lot of impact on what your RAM will achieve, for example I on my first gen zen can't go over 2933C14, but if I'd change mobo or CPU I'd probably get either higher or lower clocks depending on my luck.
                          Motherboard
                          ASUS X370-A
                          GPU
                          Palit Stomix GTX 1060 6GB
                          CPU
                          Ryzen 5 1600
                          Memory
                          32GB 2933CL14(2x16 ADATA XPG)
                          Storage
                          ADATA SX8200 PRO 1TB SSD
                          Storage
                          2TB Firecuda SSHD
                          Storage
                          2TB Maxtor eHDD
                          Storage
                          256GB WD Black HDD
                          Keyboard
                          Canyon Hazard
                          Mouse
                          Redragon M901
                          Monitor
                          Dell P2210t
                          Monitor
                          Philips 190V
                          Audio
                          ASUS DGX
                          Operating System
                          win 10 pro
                          Router
                          B715s-23c
                          Collapse

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

                            Have you tried just applying the settings on the main page of the calculator and not the settings on the Advanced page ?

                            Speaking from personal experience, sometimes applying some of the more granular settings can actually be more trouble than they are worth. I tend to "cheat". I apply the main page settings and let the motherboard take care of the rest.

                            Also to remove voltages as a factor I tend to set my ram to 1.45 - 1.5v, at least while testing to see if the proposed settings will even work. SOC I set to 1.1v

                            I also set the VDDG CCD, IOD andtand CLDO VDDP to1.1 across the board, again for testing. You could reduce them later if you wish.
                            1.45V is max I'd recommend for most dies, B die however can go up to 1.8V with no additional cooling, but I only recommend that only to people that know what they are doing.
                            Motherboard
                            ASUS X370-A
                            GPU
                            Palit Stomix GTX 1060 6GB
                            CPU
                            Ryzen 5 1600
                            Memory
                            32GB 2933CL14(2x16 ADATA XPG)
                            Storage
                            ADATA SX8200 PRO 1TB SSD
                            Storage
                            2TB Firecuda SSHD
                            Storage
                            2TB Maxtor eHDD
                            Storage
                            256GB WD Black HDD
                            Keyboard
                            Canyon Hazard
                            Mouse
                            Redragon M901
                            Monitor
                            Dell P2210t
                            Monitor
                            Philips 190V
                            Audio
                            ASUS DGX
                            Operating System
                            win 10 pro
                            Router
                            B715s-23c
                            Collapse

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by xlen View Post

                              1.45V is max I'd recommend for most dies, B die however can go up to 1.8V with no additional cooling, but I only recommend that only to people that know what they are doing.
                              Yeah it is just from personal experience, if I need to run my Gskill Trident Z at 1.5v, it will do it all day everyday, but again these are Samsung B-Die. Mileage will vary but yeah for non B-Die I would tend to stick for 1.45v
                              Signature
                              Welcome to EHW
                              Site Guide & Features
                              Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
                              Site projects supported by your donations

                              Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
                              CPU
                              AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
                              Motherboard
                              Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
                              GPU
                              Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
                              Memory
                              32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
                              PSU
                              EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
                              Storage
                              1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                              Storage
                              1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
                              Cooling
                              Custom WC
                              Monitor
                              Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
                              Case
                              Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
                              Operating System
                              Windows 10 Pro X64
                              CPU
                              AMD Ryzen 2700X (8 Core/16 Thread)
                              Motherboard
                              Asus ROG I-Gaming X570
                              GPU
                              MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Armour OC
                              Memory
                              16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16
                              PSU
                              Be Quite Power11 600 Watt
                              Storage
                              Kingston A2000 256GB M.2
                              Storage
                              Sandisk Ultra 2 1TB SSD
                              Storage
                              Toshiba X300 4TB HDD
                              Cooling
                              Wraith Spire
                              Case
                              Thermaltake Core V1
                              Collapse

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Whiskeyomega View Post
                                Edit: Never mind. I didnt notice i was using 2 memory rank options.

                                Hey just tested 1.7.1 with Hynix DJR all fine and great however Ive found that the RZQ settings seem to be wrong as they just dont let the pc post without resetting bios 1usmus
                                Id say its RTT_WR as it wasnt off before and this simply doesnt work on my system at least
                                They were fine on 1.7.0. However all the other settings were fine. I have also tweaked my settings further to from 64GB 16x4 3600mhz 16-19-19-39 to 3800mhz 16-19-19-32. Please see screen attached.

                                New 1.7.1


                                Old 1.7.0

                                I also noticed this with the version 1.7.3 as I tried to configure my G.Skill F4-3600C15-8GTZ which is a Samsung B-die module. The system would not POST after soft reboot and after long testing, I figured out the problem was with RTT_WR being OFF. When left to Auto, everything suddenly started to work on my Asus Strix X570 E-Gaming motherboard with Ryzen 5 3600 even at DRAM voltage of 1.4 V. Of course, Gear Down mode had to be enabled, otherwise BSOD.

                                https://photos.app.goo.gl/AN2gEBTrUzfemk4x7
                                Collapse

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X