Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a GPU to my loop

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J7SC_Orion View Post
    Those valve fittings are a smart idea with a mobo monoblock ! I remember trying to drain a loop with "just" two GPU card blocks and mobo_vrm w-cooled setup for an upgrade, and that was some theater (in the Greek tragic sense). Since then, I do discreet loops for GPU(s) and CPU/VRM anyway, but valve fittings would do the trick even better.

Another quick question: Are those hoses / tubes in your pic EK ZMT, or other ? I would like to use EK ZMT for an upcoming workstation build, but also read that EK ZMT only plays nice with EK fittings (not sure if that is true).
    I've been running ZMT tubing for about the last 5 years. Prior to that I ran norprene tubing. The ZMT does tend to a have an OD that is on the large side of 16mm|5/8". I've yet to have a single fitting not work or leak, but some are a bit tough to tighten down all the way. Currently running the following fittings with 10/16mm ZMT: EK, Monsoon, Bitspower. and Barrow.
    Signature
    CPU
    Threadripper 3960X
    Motherboard
    ASRock TRX40 Creator
    GPU
    Radeon VII x3, Radeon 5700XT
    Memory
    128 GB GSKill Ripjaws V
    Storage
    ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB, ADATA SX8200NP 480GB, SanDisk Extreme 480GB, SanDisk 120GB
    PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1300 G2, EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
    Cooling
    Watercoool Heatkiller IV CPU block, EK-Vector GPU blocks, 5x XSPC EX/RX360 Rads, Dual D5 Pumps
    Keyboard
    Filco Majestouch 2 TKL
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Case
    Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Operating System
    Arch Linux
    Collapse

Comment

Those valve fittings are a smart idea with a mobo monoblock ! I remember trying to drain a loop with "just" two GPU card blocks and mobo_vrm w-cooled setup for an upgrade, and that was some theater (in the Greek tragic sense). Since then, I do discreet loops for GPU(s) and CPU/VRM anyway, but valve fittings would do the trick even better.

Another quick question: Are those hoses / tubes in your pic EK ZMT, or other ? I would like to use EK ZMT for an upcoming workstation build, but also read that EK ZMT only plays nice with EK fittings (not sure if that is true).
      I actually have a mix. One of the brands I cannot remember but the main bulk of my EPDM is EK branded. All I can say is they work fine with Barrow fittings. They are a tighter fit on my barrow fittings as they do indeed have a larger OD. However I kind of prefer the tight fit as once you screw that ring down, you know that tube is not going anywhere !
      Signature
      Welcome to EHW
      Site Guide & Features
      Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
      Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
      CPU
      AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
      Motherboard
      Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
      GPU
      Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
      Memory
      32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
      PSU
      EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
      Storage
      1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
      Storage
      1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
      Cooling
      Custom WC
      Monitor
      Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
      Case
      Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
      Operating System
      Windows 10 Pro X64
      CPU
      AMD Ryzen 2700X (8 Core/16 Thread)
      Motherboard
      Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX BT3
      GPU
      MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Armour OC
      Memory
      16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz DDR4 CL16
      PSU
      Be Quite Power11 600 Watt
      Storage
      Kingston A2000 256GB M.2
      Storage
      Sandisk Ultra 2 1TB SSD
      Storage
      Toshiba X300 4TB HDD
      Cooling
      Corsair Hydro H75 AIO
      Case
      Thermaltake Core V1
      Collapse

Comment

Originally posted by tictoc View Post

I've been running ZMT tubing for about the last 5 years. Prior to that I ran norprene tubing. The ZMT does tend to a have an OD that is on the large side of 16mm|5/8". I've yet to have a single fitting not work or leak, but some are a bit tough to tighten down all the way. Currently running the following fittings with 10/16mm ZMT: EK, Monsoon, Bitspower. and Barrow.

Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

I actually have a mix. One of the brands I cannot remember but the main bulk of my EPDM is EK branded. All I can say is they work fine with Barrow fittings. They are a tighter fit on my barrow fittings as they do indeed have a larger OD. However I kind of prefer the tight fit as once you screw that ring down, you know that tube is not going anywhere !

Thanks gents ! I use some Bitspower fittings (including QDs) which shouldn't represent a problem then w/ ZMT and similar. But I am not sure though about a pile of older Swiftech compression fittings that can get tight even with advanced Primochill PrimoFlex LRT. I should order some EPDM / ZMT and just try it out with all the fitting I have.

Collapse

Comment

Thanks gents ! I use some Bitspower fittings (including QDs) which shouldn't represent a problem then w/ ZMT and similar. But I am not sure though about a pile of older Swiftech compression fittings that can get tight even with advanced Primochill PrimoFlex LRT. I should order some EPDM / ZMT and just try it out with all the fitting I have.
          I have to admit that I am a sucker for buying new fittings if I am unsure about them, granted sometimes it ends up with me having extra fittings when it turns out the ones I had were fine...but hey, extra fittings are good. Nothing worse on when you cannot complete your loop due to one missing fitting lol.
          Signature
          Welcome to EHW
          Site Guide & Features
          Follow EHW On Facebook & Twitter
          Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account
          CPU
          AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16 Core/32 Thread) @ 4525/4500/4500/4350 (1.36v)
          Motherboard
          Asrock X570 Aqua (Run 783/999)
          GPU
          Quadro 1800 (Placeholder for 3080Ti Upgrade)
          Memory
          32GB Gskill Trident Z @3800Mhz (16/16/17/16/32)
          PSU
          EVGA 1600 Watt Supernova P2
          Storage
          1x 500GB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
          Storage
          1x 1TB Seagate Firecuda PCIe Gen4 (M.2)
          Cooling
          Custom WC
          Monitor
          Acer Predator X34 (Ultrawide)
          Case
          Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
          Operating System
          Windows 10 Pro X64
          CPU
          AMD Ryzen 2700X (8 Core/16 Thread)