Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Cooling Club

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooling Club

Show us your awesome watercooled rigs!

Personally I haven't been able to go back to AIOs or air since building my first loop in 2011 or 2012. The open loop bug bit me.
    Last edited by Alex; 05-09-2019, 07:12 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join us for the ExtremeHW Podcast

Woop.

I went for my second ever custom loop for my current TR 2990WX build. Very satisfied. I still think its the only way to go for a CPU like that. All core OC to 4.1Ghz certainly makes for a hot chip under heavy load.

Will have to go for my list of components but I do love the Heatkiller waterblocks, huge chunk of copper sexiness, certainly gets the job done.

Welcome to EHW
    Site Guide & Features
    Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
    Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Trying to find a case to actually fit my HWLabs radiators which are slightly wider than normal. They're 140mm radiators, but 153mm wide which makes things tough.

Currently looking at maybe the Phanteks Luxe 2, just so long as it can fit my HWLabs GTX420 at the front. At least before my tubing gets even worse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah those ever so slightly wider rads can certainly be an issue. I myself have the be quite! Dark Base Pro which was able to fit in my Black Ice Nemesis 420 GTR Radiator. I have tubing going a few places in my case as you will see below. Having two GPU's with AIO coolers along with my WC loops creates for some interesting routing lol

My original shopping list for my WC setup is as below

SPOILER
        Black Ice Nemesis 420 GTR Radiator - Black

Watercool HEATKILLER® IV PRO for Threadripper COPPER NICKEL

Watercool WCP D5

Watercool HEATKILLER® Tube 200 D5

EPDM Tubing ID 3/8" - 5/8" OD (16/10mm) black matte

Barrow Compression Fitting 16/10 silver nickel

HEATKILLER® Tube - stand (long)

HEATKILLER® Tube - decoupling kit for stand

Barrow G1/4" Mini Ball Valve silver nickel with Metal Handle aluminum bare

Barrow G1/4" Rotary Male To Male Adaptor silver nickel

Barrow G1/4" 3-Way Splitter Cube silver nickel

Barrow G1/4" 45 Degree Rotary Adaptor Fitting silver nickel

Barrow G1/4" Ultra Thin Stop Plug black

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	669.7 KB ID:	1220Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	366.8 KB ID:	1221
        Welcome to EHW
        Site Guide & Features

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

That's a lot of cables haha

How does the front rad hot air affect the res btw?

Comment

At first I thought it would affect it negatively and I am sure that technically it does by a degree or 2 with it being mounted in front, that being said the cooling works just fine. I have an all core (32) OC at 4.1Ghz, full load I get to about 70C when its balls to the wall. I cannot complain with that.
            Welcome to EHW
            Site Guide & Features

Comment

As long as my financial situation doesn't change, I plan on doing a custom loop for my next PC--which I'll be building sometime within the next year. Might save up and wait until next gen Ryzen & 3000 series Nvidia, we'll see. Going to look at Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales if they're good enough, though I want to save up and pay off some other stuff first.

Is it way way too ambitious to try rigid tubing for my first build? Acrylic or PETG.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                As long as my financial situation doesn't change, I plan on doing a custom loop for my next PC--which I'll be building sometime within the next year. Might save up and wait until next gen Ryzen & 3000 series Nvidia, we'll see. Going to look at Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales if they're good enough, though I want to save up and pay off some other stuff first.

Is it way way too ambitious to try rigid tubing for my first build? Acrylic or PETG.
                Welcome to EHW

I don't think it is too ambitious to go with rigid tubing on your first attempt. I would advise purchasing a little more tubing than what you need so you can practice with it and get a feel for it, plus if anything goes wrong you have spare. Also be prepared for the extra time with it as it is a little more time consuming over soft tubing which you just cut to length as appropriate. There are plenty of guides out there but this is a short and sweet look at it : https://bit-tech.net/guides/modding/...and-acrylic/1/
                Welcome to EHW
                Site Guide & Features

Comment

I'm in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tRipper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	2755
                  Last edited by tictoc; 26-11-2019, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Rocking Threadripper as well, eh? Which GPUs do ya have in there?

Comment

A pair of Vega 64s and a Radeon VII.

Comment

Originally posted by tictoc View Post
                        I'm in.

Click image for larger version Name:	tRipper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	2755
                        Good to see another TR brother. Which TR are you rocking in that system ?

Oh and welcome bud, good to see you here !
                        Welcome to EHW
                        Site Guide & Features

Comment

2970WX in that system, and thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by tictoc View Post
                            2970WX in that system, and thanks for the welcome.
                            Awesome ! Are you sticking with it or ''Upgrading'' to Gen 3 TR ? I use the term upgrading loosely.
                            Welcome to EHW
                            Site Guide & Features

Comment

It would be a pretty nice upgrade, but I'm probably going to stick with it for now.
                              Next upgrade will probably be swapping out the Vegas for two more Radeon VIIs. If I go that route I might need to swap out one of my PSUs. Currently running a 1300W and a 1000W, and if I OC everything it gets pretty close to maxed out.

Comment

Working...
                              X