Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EHW Home Theatre / Speaker / Amplifier Club

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHW Home Theatre / Speaker / Amplifier Club

Image Sources:
    https://www.canton.de/en/hifi/gle-series/
    https://www.whathifi.com/news/wharfe...hi-fi-speakers
    EHW Home Theatre / Speaker / Amplifier Club

Purpose
    The purpose of this club is to give us audio nerds an excuse to post, share, and communicate about personal experiences related to Cabinet Speakers, Bookshelf Speakers, Home Audio Solutions, and other room-filling Hi-Fi audio solutions. This thread will be utilized to support, encourage, and necessitate growth across all facets of the hobby. This thread is not intended to compete with the Headphone Club, but rather to coexist and and encourage healthy discussion.

Membership and Parameters
    Membership is site-wide, but is limited based on the particular gear a member owns/is using in their audio setup.

In order to better facilitate communication in this thread, PC Speakers and "pc-based" brands (I.E. - Logitech, Razer) will not be included in this thread. We have agreed to exclude Logitech and any other pc-based speaker brandings from acceptance into the club. As of now, any and all speaker brands that reach beyond pc-intention, including stereo and HTIB, are deemed acceptable and fit within the parameters of the club. For now, specific sets such as Klipsch ProMedia's and Swan M10's, both of which are pc-based for all intents and purposes, are not deemed to fit within these parameters.

Yes, this may stir up some controversy, but for now these are the parameters. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Organization
    I will utilize the next post to manually track user submissions and individual pieces of equipment. Eventually I will set up a google forms submission system in order to better organize user submissions. Please let me know if anything is broken or out of place.

Sister Thread
    EHW Headphone / Earphone Club
    Last edited by Simmons; 30-08-2019, 03:12 PM.

Last edited by ENTERPRISE; 04-09-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• SMSL SA50
      • Micca RB42
      • Polk Audio PSW111
      PSW111 started flaking out on me a few months ago and I haven't bought a replacement yet, but looking at the Bic F12 or the Acoustic Audio PSW400.

Comment

Love it !.

Let me know if you have an issues with Google Spreadsheet embedding. I did extensive testing on this and it was fine, but let me know all the same
        Welcome to EHW
        Site Guide & Features
        Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
        Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Had my hi-fi system for years now, still happy with it. Unfortunately the RCA jacks on my DAC have died, but I can just use XLR output and convert to RCA on amp.

I use it mainly on my TV, don't really have sub turned on unless it's for music or a film
          • Cambridge Audio DACMagic 2
          • Cambridge Audio 540A amp
          • Wharfedale 9.1 speakers
          • Canton 10.2 SubWoofer
          Can't see myself ever upgrading it until something dies. I suspect any improvement would be minor and I really don't care thaaaaaaaaat much about audio

Comment

For my contribution..
            • JBL 4312
            • Bose 301 Series II
            • x2 JBL RX-208 Head Units
            • oDAC
            • Schiit Asgard II Amp (preamp)
            • Technics SL-Q5 Turntable
            And for "retired" equpment..
            • O2 Headphone Amp
            • Kenwood KL-333A Speakers
            • Sennheiser Q20 Powered Speaker
            I bought the pair of Kenwood's for $5, but for their size, I was shocked that there is no bass. It handles everything above 120 Hz great, but there is nothing in terms of bass response.
            Also, I noticed that one of the RX-208s left channels is going bad. The left channel is super weak lately, and getting a bit crackly if I try to compensate with balance.

Comment

Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
              Love it !.

Let me know if you have an issues with Google Spreadsheet embedding. I did extensive testing on this and it was fine, but let me know all the same
              Will do boss!

EDIT: ENTERPRISE I need assistance lol, I will DM ya
              Last edited by Simmons; 03-09-2019, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmons View Post

Will do boss!

EDIT: ENTERPRISE I need assistance lol, I will DM ya
                Fixed,

Bump, get joining the club peeps
                Welcome to EHW
                Site Guide & Features
                Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
                Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Sign me in.

-Onboard Realtek codec (used to run a Xonar DX but I got annoyed at its numerous bugs on W10 including but not limited to the gain bug and self-shutdown bug)
                  -SMSL SA S3
                  -Technics SB-C250

I've been considering changing the amp with something a bit beefier (especially since I'm driving 60W RMS speakers through a 2x25W output), but these get louder than I've ever needed them to be, so for now that won't be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Artikbot View Post
                    Sign me in.

-Onboard Realtek codec (used to run a Xonar DX but I got annoyed at its numerous bugs on W10 including but not limited to the gain bug and self-shutdown bug)
                    -SMSL SA S3
                    -Technics SB-C250

I've been considering changing the amp with something a bit beefier (especially since I'm driving 60W RMS speakers through a 2x25W output), but these get louder than I've ever needed them to be, so for now that won't be the case.
                    Have you tried the modified Xonar drivers? They're called UNi Xonar.

I found them to be stable and have a choice of different interfaces from a basic low latency to a full front end UI.

Comment

Same same, only different.

Tried both official and UNi, multiple releases of either. Same behaviour. In the end I swapped to the onboard as I couldn't be bothered with the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Artikbot View Post
                        Sign me in.

-SMSL SA S3
                        -Technics SB-C250

Gotchu added. Also sorted the list alphabetically by username.

Comment

I have something super basic for my TV and that's about it.

Xonar DX for the DAC in my HTPC/server and then to two powered Edifier R1700BT speakers. Not bad for the price IMO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come join us for the ExtremeHW Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Simmons View Post

Gotchu added. Also sorted the list alphabetically by username.
                            <3 Thanks fren

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                              I have something super basic for my TV and that's about it.

Xonar DX for the DAC in my HTPC/server and then to two powered Edifier R1700BT speakers. Not bad for the price IMO.

Added

Comment

Working...
                              X