Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EHW Headphone / Earphone Club

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons
    replied
    Originally posted by Nammi View Post
    That's unfortunate, so far I've yet to outright destroy pc related equipment. Though I did once manage to feed 24V into my old car... Was in a hurry to get the car started and ofcourse the charger had been used by someone else recently, popped a few fuses and lost 3/4 window motors.

Could add an s and balanced cable to the 660 and move the 323D to retired equipment.
    Done

Leave a comment:

• Nammi
    replied
    That's unfortunate, so far I've yet to outright destroy pc related equipment. Though I did once manage to feed 24V into my old car... Was in a hurry to get the car started and ofcourse the charger had been used by someone else recently, popped a few fuses and lost 3/4 window motors.

Could add an s and balanced cable to the 660 and move the 323D to retired equipment.

Leave a comment:

• Simmons
    replied
    axipher jpmboy Nammi NavJack27 xlen Got you all added to the spreadsheet, let me know if you see anything that needs adjusted!

Had to replace my oDAC over the weekend. While I was hooking up my turntable, I set a ground spike through my audio gear and the only thing that took a hit, fortunately, was the the oDAC. Still sucks but it be like that.

Leave a comment:

• xlen
    replied
    Welp, this is what I have:
    ASUS Xonar DGX sound card for my PC
    Headphones Beyerdynamics DT770 PRO 32 Ohm as my daily drive on PC
    IEMs QKZ DM200
    Headphones in the combination with my sound card work very nicely and they sound pretty well.
    IEMs they were 45eur IEMs on ali that was sold for 5eur because the company changed the name(to KZ) and wanted to get rid of old stock, for the 5eur I paid for them, they sound really well, I'd even compare them to some of the best under 100eur like the Sony MH775, the only issue I have with them is the mic, it's incorrectly attached and puts because of that you can't use them while in call as the other party will hear themselves...
    I also have the 1more triple drivers that sound a bit better, but my main issue with them is cable quality which I had to solder myself after it broke off and well if I will decide to change the cable completely they will become my daily drivers, but it's pretty hard to do it on them.

Leave a comment:

• ENTERPRISE
    replied
    Originally posted by speed_demon View Post
    Thank you.

Not great and not bad. For the $35 it's probably worth a try for most people to see if they like them. Also seems to get boomier when connected to my LG G7 with its quad-DAC setup, so the source can have an impact on the end result with them.

Purchased a set of the Sennheiser HD-6XX's and then later sold them to cover some family medical bills. Now those I adored. 😁
    Bit of a delayed response. Yeah sounds about right. In ear only provides so much bass but more importantly you have to have quality bass.

Leave a comment:

• axipher
    replied
    I'm running a pretty crude setup for my everyday:

Laptop > USB-C > Fiio BTR3 > Yamaha R-S300 > Audio-technica ATH-M40x with Velour Pads

OR

Desktop > Optical > Schiit Modi 2 Uber > Yamaha R-S300 > Audio-technica ATH-M40x with Velour Pads

The Schiit is starting to drop its output the odd time and need a cool-down so going to be looking at new DAC's soon, would love one with multiple USB inputs or multiple Optical Inputs. I use the Yamaha Receiver since I have a set of desktop speakers as well that I can quickly switch between Headphones and Speakers.

Leave a comment:

• Nammi
    replied
    I've been slowly moving up the Sennheiser tree... Started with the PC 323D and eventually moved onto the 363D. Then last summer I managed to grab a HD 660s on sale, that I drive balanced through the Sabaj D5 as dac & amp.

Leave a comment:

• NavJack27
    replied
    This is all the audio crap I got:
    * FiiO E07K
    * FiiO Q1 Mark II
    * Sennheiser HD 58X
    * I had nice balanced cables for the 58X that went with the balanced output on the Q1 Mark II, but I dropped my headphones and the cable broke at the connector to the headphones. Maybe it can be fixed? They were spensive.
    * Phillips SHP-9500
    * Really old and ratty but still sound good Sennheiser hd380
    * I'm getting those Drop THX Panda headphones when they ship out. Yes, I supported them on Indiegogo. Zeos turned me on to them but then everyone and their mom had a YouTube video about them and they just aren't cool anymore which sucks.

Leave a comment:

• jpmboy
    replied
    I don't really use over-ear phones, but have a pair of Bose Noise Cancelling (probably the first batch they made). I do have an affliction for IEMs tho.
    Current Inventory:

Ultimate Ears TF-10s (2 pairs) - my favorites!
    Shure 215 and 535s
    Jabees BT waterproof IEMs
    Schiit Mag 3+
    ASUS DAC that came with the R4BE (I think) - actually a very good DAC.

Getting fitted for UE11 CSX once the planet opens up again!

Leave a comment:

• speed_demon
    replied
    Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Welcome to EHW speed_demon , I have to say I have never tried the in ear Sennheiser range. How is the bass on those ?
    Thank you.

Not great and not bad. For the $35 it's probably worth a try for most people to see if they like them. Also seems to get boomier when connected to my LG G7 with its quad-DAC setup, so the source can have an impact on the end result with them.

Purchased a set of the Sennheiser HD-6XX's and then later sold them to cover some family medical bills. Now those I adored. 😁

Leave a comment:

• Simmons
    replied
    Originally posted by Supercrumpet View Post
    While we're at it, you can add my 250 Ohm DT770 Pros to the list. 3D printed new slide brackets for them (or whatever you want to call them) so they actually hold together again.
    Done

Leave a comment:

• Supercrumpet
    replied
    While we're at it, you can add my 250 Ohm DT770 Pros to the list. 3D printed new slide brackets for them (or whatever you want to call them) so they actually hold together again.

Leave a comment:

• Simmons
    replied
    Originally posted by StevoTheLeo View Post
    I have a few headphones... I have bought and sold many over the years. Some I would buy again. LOL

Denon AH-D5000 (Mark-L modded with Black Dragon cabling)
    Denon AH-D7100 for traveling
    AKG K701 (Modded with Black Dragon cabling)
    Grado SR325 (Blue Dragon cabling)

These are my keepers. I have some nice earbuds and in-ear monitors also.
    First post on EHW is in here, eh? Welp, welcome to the forum, I'll get you added to the spreadsheet shortly!

Any DACs or Amps to report?

Leave a comment:

• StevoTheLeo
    replied
    I have a few headphones... I have bought and sold many over the years. Some I would buy again. LOL

Denon AH-D5000 (Mark-L modded with Black Dragon cabling)
    Denon AH-D7100 for traveling
    AKG K701 (Modded with Black Dragon cabling)
    Grado SR325 (Blue Dragon cabling)

These are my keepers. I have some nice earbuds and in-ear monitors also.

Leave a comment:

• Simmons
    replied
    Fair enough lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X