When posting a news article please take a look at our how to Here

See more
See less

AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 speeds up boot times by >23 per cent

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HEXUS] AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 speeds up boot times by >23 per cent

Longtime coming, though I am still hoping that the prior gen gets to see some new AGESA love.

At the start of the month, HEXUS reported upon some of the touted highlights coming to AMD Ryzen CPU users with the upcoming AGESA 1.0.0.4 microcode update to supporting motherboards. The information came courtesy of MSI, which hosts a regular 'MSI Insider Show' on YouTube. The headlining info was that MSI teased that AGESA 1.0.0.4 would deliver over 100 improvements to the microcode - not just patches and bug fixes and the like - there are plenty of optimisations and new features on the way.

Just ahead of the weekend we got to see some benefits of the AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 microcode update via a video shared by HKEPC on Facebook. HKEPC claims that it is Hong Kong's largest online IT/PC/DIY media and group.
    Source: AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 speeds up boot times by >23 per cent - Mainboard - News - HEXUS.net

Welcome to EHW
    Site Guide & Features
    Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
    Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Interesting, I hadn't heard about AGESA before, TIL. Probably a silly question, but does this mean it'll roll out for all generations of Ryzen? Still rockin' my 1600X.
    AMD Ryzen R5 1600X | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K5 | 2x EVGA 1070 Ti FTW2 | 4x8 GB GSkill 3200 MHz Trident Z RGB | WD Blue NVME 500 GB SSD | 2x WD Black 3 TB HDD | Corsair Air 540 | Windows 10 Pro | 2x BenQ GW2765 1440p 27" | Oculus Rift | Vortex Tab90 | Logitech G502

Comment

The AGESA is essentially the firmware that runs the show on the AMD platform. This particular update has been a long time coming. Its possible I have missed it but so far as I know, it has not been stated which gen (Other than the latest) this will cover.

With the amount of fixes/improvements its suppose to bring, I would hazard a guess its a multi gen improvement but how far back it goes remains to be seen.
      Welcome to EHW
      Site Guide & Features
      Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
      Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Working...
      X