Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

NVIDIA Seemingly Producing Yet Another GTX 1650 Variant Based on TU-116

Folding@Home Staff
726 370
NVIDIA's GTX 1650 has already seen more action and revisions within its own generation than most GPUs ever have in the history of graphics cards, with NVIDIA having updated not only its memory (from 4 GB GDDR5 with 128 GB/s bandwidth to 4 GB GDDR6 memory for 192 GB/s bandwidth), but also by carving up different silicon chips to provide the same part to market. The original GTX 1650 made use of NVIDIA's TU117 chips with 896 CUDA cores, which was then superseded by the TU116-based GTX 1650 SUPER, which mightily increased the GTX 1650's execution units (1280) and bandwidth (256-bit bus). There was also a TU106-based GTX 1650, which was just bonkers - a chip originally used on the RTX 2060 was thus repurposed and cut-down.

tEoQZ7zfazeNxu4d.jpg

Source

They seen desperate to cash in on any and all fab stock lol, makes business sense but leads to produce fragmentation though.

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

ANOTHER way to confuse the consumer. Just like the 1060 3Gb & 6Gb. The 6Gb version had MORE shaders and TMU's but it didn't SAY that ANYWHERE on the boxes. Only that it had 6Gb of ram. the other only said it had 3Gb of ram.You'd think the ONLY diff was the vram,but it wasn't! The only way to tell was to look online,or ask someone who knew.If buying off a shelf,good luck. This will be the same thing. people will buy the one on sale,not knowing it has an older gpu. Like I said elsewhere, HOW MANY CARDS CAN NVIDIA RELEASE WITH THE SAME NAME??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

All in all it is just the varying specs which confuses all, instead of purchasing a clear cut product, consumers now need to do an annoying amount of homework in order to get the one they want. Not everyone wants to do that and should not have to.

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

All in all it is just the varying specs which confuses all, instead of purchasing a clear cut product, consumers now need to do an annoying amount of homework in order to get the one they want. Not everyone wants to do that and should not have to.

Like I was telling the wife,when someone goes into bestbuy or walmart looking for a card and sees 3 of the same gtx 1650 video cards in the display with the same amount of ram & 1 is on sale for 75 dollars less,they're most likely gonna grab the 1 on sale unless ALL the specs are out in the open for comparison. She said "they can ask the sales person" & I just laughed.:rolleyes: When I bought my psu @ bestbuy,I had to return 1 that was flakey(low voltage out put) and the person asked me if that would matter?

Like I was telling the wife,when someone goes into best buy or walmart looking for a card and sees 3 of the same gtx 1650 video cards in the display with the same amount of ram & 1 is on sale for 75 dollars less,they're most likely gonna grab the 1 on sale unless ALL the specs are out in the open for comparison. She said "they can ask the sales person" & I just laughed.:rolleyes: When I bought my psu @ bestbuy,I had to return 1 that was flakey(low voltage out put) and the person asked me if that would matter?

The thing that irritates me is that the buyer should not have to ask. If Nvidia are going to release 3 variants of the same product, then they should be forced to display the clear differences between those variants so consumers can make an informed choice. Until it is law then Nvidia wont as they are just happy to clear stock at consumers expense. While Nvidia may display these differences on the packaging I bet it is purposefully difficult to see lol. You know, the little * followed by font 3 writing .

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

The thing that irritates me is that the buyer should not have to ask. If Nvidia are going to release 3 variants of the same product, then they should be forced to display the clear differences between those variants so consumers can make an informed choice. Until it is law then Nvidia wont as they are just happy to clear stock at consumers expense. While Nvidia may display these differences on the packaging I bet it is purposefully difficult to see lol. You know, the little * followed by font 3 writing .

I know! I'd come down off this rant if they'd only make it so you could tell the difference between them without having to look up serial# differences or actually plug the card in.:( Just make it so we can tell them apart IN THE BOX.