Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

[Steam] Steam Library Beta Coming Sept 17

Andrew

The new Steam library was built with the belief that our libraries are valuable to us – for some customers, they contain more than fifteen years of games. From your absolute favorite AAA title that all your friends are playing, to that solo indie art project that only you seem to love, your Steam library represents your gaming history.

But, a good library shouldn't just be dusty shelves, it has to be a fun place to explore and find whatever it is that you're looking for. Whether you want to keep up to date about what's happening with your games, find a game to play with your friends, or explore what's happening in your game's community, your library should support you.

Today we want to introduce you to some of the biggest new library features and explain how they’re going help do just that.

Source

It's about time there's a proper UI update for Steam to drag it out of the 00s. I am using the beta and I do really like how it looks. The only real issue I have with it, is that it's a bit slow at the moment, but I'm sure they'll fix it by the time the final release is ready.

Owned

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 5800X
GPU: RTX 2070
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 500GB 960 Evo
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB 860 Evo
SSD/NVME 3: 1TB 860 Evo
PSU: EVGA 650w Modular
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
Full Rig Info

I've been using it since yesterday myself. Lots of angry souls out there but I think it's quite nice. My main gripe is that I'd like the personal stats (achievements, friends currently playing, etc) as the main focus on the left and the activity feed (which is completely dead on most games) off to the right or just in another tab.

Small mode is also missing from this beta, I hope they bring that back. At least now on the top of the steam client it just shows my current steam name, rather than my login name. That was a big issue for streamers.

Maybe move the "community content" out to another tab, it's using a bit of unnecessary data downloading a ton of gifs when I'm not even going to look at them. Some people are worried they're doing that so they can drop in ads soon.

@Andrew Perhaps I am basic...but I kind of like the old interface of steam, sometimes simple is good. I am yet to delve into this new interface, may opt in over the weekend so I can be alarmed when I cannot find anything I want to haha.

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

I like simple myself. I've hated microsoft office since they started going the graphical route with icons. I prefer intuitive drop down menus and readable text. Alas the youngins disagree, they have no issue with graphics.

that said, your library still retains the scrollable text list off to the left. Its still just as easy to navigate. I just hope they don't start feeding me ads on my library page.