Announcement

Collapse

How To Post News

When posting a news article please take a look at our how to Here

See more
See less

[Bethesda] Private Worlds, Scrapboxes & More Come to Fallout 76 with Fallout 1st

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bethesda] Private Worlds, Scrapboxes & More Come to Fallout 76 with Fallout 1st

Ever since Fallout 76 launched, we have consistently worked to improve and evolve the experience based on your feedback. That’s why we’re excited to launch Fallout 1st, a premium membership that offers something players have been asking for since before launch: private worlds for you and select friends. In addition to this huge feature, Fallout 1st also includes a host of exclusive items and membership bonuses, all of which you can find detailed below. And the best part? Fallout 1st is available right now.

Source

It also doesn't say the price on there. The price is $12.99 per month or $99.99 per year.

CPU: AMD R5 1600 Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 PLUS GPU: EVGA 2070 Black RAM: 16GB Corsair (2x8GB) Storage 1: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB Storage 2: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White OS: Windows 10 Pro Montior 1: LG 32LD450 Monitor 2: Dell E207WFP VR: Valve Index Keyboard: Ducky One2 Midnight MX Blue Mouse: Steelseries Rival 310

That's not the worst pricing I've ever seen, but it certainly isn't the best.

I really wonder how many concurrent players FO76 has, how many are actually interested in this, and how many will actually pay for it. I never hear anyone talking about the game anymore, and my giant Fallout fan of a friend only hung on to it for a couple of months after it came out, then has been playing it sporadically and rarely since. I feel a bit bad for his sake, but at the same time, I never minded seeing the game flop. I don't think it was ever destined to get far, given the concept of the game from the start.
    AMD Ryzen R5 1600X | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K5 | 2x EVGA 1070 Ti FTW2 | 4x8 GB GSkill 3200 MHz Trident Z RGB | WD Blue NVME 500 GB SSD | 2x WD Black 3 TB HDD | Corsair Air 540 | Windows 10 Pro | 2x BenQ GW2765 1440p 27" | Oculus Rift | Vortex Tab90 | Logitech G502

Comment

For what you get and the fact that it's a game you need to pay $60 up front to get, it is way overpriced. Especially considering the things you get should be in the game that you already paid for with the exception of Atoms which is stupid for another reason.
      CPU: AMD R5 1600 Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 PLUS GPU: EVGA 2070 Black RAM: 16GB Corsair (2x8GB) Storage 1: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB Storage 2: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White OS: Windows 10 Pro Montior 1: LG 32LD450 Monitor 2: Dell E207WFP VR: Valve Index Keyboard: Ducky One2 Midnight MX Blue Mouse: Steelseries Rival 310

Comment

This is true, I wasn't considering the original cost of the game. Once you do, it's pretty absurd.
        AMD Ryzen R5 1600X | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming K5 | 2x EVGA 1070 Ti FTW2 | 4x8 GB GSkill 3200 MHz Trident Z RGB | WD Blue NVME 500 GB SSD | 2x WD Black 3 TB HDD | Corsair Air 540 | Windows 10 Pro | 2x BenQ GW2765 1440p 27" | Oculus Rift | Vortex Tab90 | Logitech G502

Comment

I'm glad this turned out about as well as we all hoped.

Fallout 76’s Premium Private Servers Are Not Private, Its Scrap Box Is Deleting Scrap

Comment

It's amazing. Every time I think they can't make it any worse, it gets worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
              It's amazing. Every time I think they can't make it any worse, it gets worse.
              Sir,are U referring to Bag Gate by any chance? lol "Deep breath: So, you probably remember the Fallout 76 'bag-gate' fiasco in which customers who purchased the $200 Fallout 76 collector's edition, which was advertised as coming with a canvas Fallout 76 bag, but it actually came with a nylon bag, which was met with outrage, to which Bethesda first offered a small amount of Atoms (in-game currency) as recompense, before the outrage over that convinced them to go ahead and replace all the nylon bags with canvas ones, after which a number of customers submitting support tickets for those replacement bags had their private information leaked due to a problem with Bethesda's website? Exhale."
              OR,maybe the reactions of people when they started selling those FINE blue leather jackets? I KNOW U can't be talking about the actual quality of the work put into the game!
              By the way, Twitter had me laughing so hard I almost had an "accident" over the jackets when they came out. Including some screenshots of the tweets!Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_124.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	2427 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_120.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	2428 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_123.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.1 KB ID:	2429 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.6 KB ID:	2430 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_119.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	2431The wife & I were laughing over the cost of the New Fallout 1st.You're right,it's pretty much what should have been in the game already.
              Last edited by schuck6566; 26-10-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schuck6566 View Post

Sir,are U referring to Bag Gate by any chance? lol "Deep breath: So, you probably remember the Fallout 76 'bag-gate' fiasco in which customers who purchased the $200 Fallout 76 collector's edition, which was advertised as coming with a canvas Fallout 76 bag, but it actually came with a nylon bag, which was met with outrage, to which Bethesda first offered a small amount of Atoms (in-game currency) as recompense, before the outrage over that convinced them to go ahead and replace all the nylon bags with canvas ones, after which a number of customers submitting support tickets for those replacement bags had their private information leaked due to a problem with Bethesda's website? Exhale."
                OR,maybe the reactions of people when they started selling those FINE blue leather jackets? I KNOW U can't be talking about the actual quality of the work put into the game!
                By the way, Twitter had me laughing so hard I almost had an "accident" over the jackets when they came out. Including some screenshots of the tweets!Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_124.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	2427 Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_120.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	2428 Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_123.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.1 KB ID:	2429 Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.6 KB ID:	2430 Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_119.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	2431The wife & I were laughing over the cost of the New Fallout 1st.You're right,it's pretty much what should have been in the game already.
                OMG That cracked me up. I actually did not notice the blow up about all this when it happens, but then again as shameful as it may be to see, I have not played Fallout.
                Welcome to EHW
                Site Guide & Features
                Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
                Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

OMG That cracked me up. I actually did not notice the blow up about all this when it happens, but then again as shameful as it may be to see, I have not played Fallout.
                  I don't think I'm what most would consider an actual Fallout fan, or even player, either. I played through New Vegas, but just never really got into it. Maybe I found the graphics and gameplay really clunky and outdated. Something like that. But I really enjoyed FO4, played through it a couple or three times. Gunplay feels really solid, and while it's not the best RPG, a game of that style was really enjoyable to me. I still load it up from time to time. I get my true RPG fix from Skyrim and Dragon Age.

Comment

I played FO4 before NV, and I would say if you are going to play both, start with NV first. The game mechanics are so much worse in NV compared to FO4. I couldn't even get passed the intro to NV because they were just so bad in comparison. I think it would have been so much better if I played NV then FO4.

Comment

OMG! "The world has been *ahem* treated *ahem* to Fallout First, a premium subscription service that adds single-player elements to Fallout 76. Naturally, players of the game aren’t exactly thrilled with the news from Bethesda, and now those who have been enjoying the service are getting “cyberbullied.”
                      "People who subscribe to Fallout First get rewarded with in-game goodies which set them apart from everyone else. Unfortunately, according to a Reddit post, these players are being “ganged up on."
                      People are paying extra for others to single them out for that fact now. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                        I played FO4 before NV, and I would say if you are going to play both, start with NV first. The game mechanics are so much worse in NV compared to FO4. I couldn't even get passed the intro to NV because they were just so bad in comparison. I think it would have been so much better if I played NV then FO4.
                        I played NV first, but it was already too dated for me. Part of that is me though, since I tend to really value visuals in games more than I probably should. Keeps me away from some really popular classics, such as New Vegas, which feels like a bit of a shame.

OMG! "The world has been *ahem* treated *ahem* to Fallout First, a premium subscription service that adds single-player elements to Fallout 76. Naturally, players of the game aren’t exactly thrilled with the news from Bethesda, and now those who have been enjoying the service are getting “cyberbullied.”
                        "People who subscribe to Fallout First get rewarded with in-game goodies which set them apart from everyone else. Unfortunately, according to a Reddit post, these players are being “ganged up on."
                        People are paying extra for others to single them out for that fact now. LOL
                        That whole sort of situation isn't new. The same thing happened rather famously (to me) in World of Tanks a few years back, or at least it started a few years back. Not sure if it's still ongoing. Basically on the SEA/Chinese server, Wargaming was selling a special gold version of the Type 59 (a Chinese tank) with engravings on it and whatnot, looks really fancy and bling-y. The base Type 59 is already a rare premium tank, and the gold version is/was super expensive, can't remember the numbers. But the gimmick was in game, it made double credits on top of the bonus premium tank credit payout. More often than not, I've heard, players that load in game with that tank are teamkilled instantly. Bit of a mess.

Comment

Annnnndd MORE bad news for Fallout 76 and Bethesda! (gotta luv Australia's consumer protection laws ) Players Are Getting Fallout 76 Refunds Amidst Allegations Of 'Misleading Gamers'

Comment

Annnnndd MORE bad news for Fallout 76 and Bethesda! (gotta luv Australia's consumer protection laws ) Players Are Getting Fallout 76 Refunds Amidst Allegations Of 'Misleading Gamers'
                            Ouch !!!!!
                            Welcome to EHW
                            Site Guide & Features
                            Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
                            Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

And it just keeps rolling down hill! Fallout 76's Paying Subscribers Form Aristocracy That Hates The Poor
                              "A clan with more than 300 members has been formed, and it’s called the Apocalyptic Aristocracy. The clan members essentially just bob around the place wearing ridiculous clothes and judging “peasants,” i.e. those who are playing Fallout 76 without having paid for the Fallout First subscription."
                              In response to being trolled/hated on in game for getting the subscription.
                              Thank everything I don't play the Fallouts! Wife bought me 3 and I hated the PiPboy. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X