Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Vivaldi disguising it's self as Chrome so it won't be blocked by sites.....

It's pretty sad that browsers like Vivaldi and yes,Brave, have to hide who they are when going to some web sites if they want to work right.Google for example doesn't play well with them when they say who they are.If they remove their names from the id strings,the browsers work fine.EVEN Microsoft Edge(another chromium based browser)has to remove it's id for some web sites to function properly. See the story here... https://www.zdnet.com/article/vivaldi-to-change-user-agent-string-to-chrome-due-to-unfair-blocking/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=26489920132515480536915462877029

Moved to Software News.

I have to say, I think we will see more of this, especially with Google and other Chromium based browsers locking down on certain sites as well as what has been stated as unfair treatment whereby Google have been caught undermining competing services so they do not function etc. This is part of the problem when a company gets a little too large !

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Moved to Software News.

I have to say, I think we will see more of this, especially with Google and other Chromium based browsers locking down on certain sites as well as what has been stated as unfair treatment whereby Google have been caught undermining competing services so they do not function etc. This is part of the problem when a company gets a little too large !

Surprised the E.U. hasn't hit Google with a lawsuit yet.They hit microsoft with 1 for having Internet Explorer as the default browser and not offering a ver.of windows without it.Isn't Google doing the same type of thing?;)

Moved to Software News.

Surprised the E.U. hasn't hit Google with a lawsuit yet.They hit microsoft with 1 for having Internet Explorer as the default browser and not offering a ver.of windows without it.Isn't Google doing the same type of thing?;)

You could argue that, not sure why it has not been bought up yet within the EU, but I would imagine that if they carry on the practice (and can be proven) there would be some form of hearing.

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 4 weeks later...
Moved to Software News.

You could argue that, not sure why it has not been bought up yet within the EU, but I would imagine that if they carry on the practice (and can be proven) there would be some form of hearing.

I kinda think microsoft got singled out, after all, haven't seen them chasing apple. "And Apple's iOS (mobile operating system) is an acknowledged disaster for Mozilla. Safari is the default and, while users can install other browsers, they come doubly hindered: they can never be set as the default, meaning any link clicked in other applications will open in Safari; and they must use Safari's rendering engine�, a technical limitation that means that even the browsers that Firefox does have on the platform are technically just fancy wrappers for Apple's own browser, rather than full versions of the service that Mozilla has built over the decades."

That is a fair point regarding iOS and I did not realise the restrictions on the iPhone which kind of hamstrings all other browsers. Surprised they have not had legal action taken against them (or maybe they did and I missed it)

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

It's pretty sad that browsers like Vivaldi and yes,Brave, have to hide who they are when going to some web sites if they want to work right.Google for example doesn't play well with them when they say who they are.If they remove their names from the id strings,the browsers work fine.EVEN Microsoft Edge(another chromium based browser)has to remove it's id for some web sites to function properly. See the story here... https://www.zdnet.com/article/vivaldi-to-change-user-agent-string-to-chrome-due-to-unfair-blocking/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=26489920132515480536915462877029

Tbh vivaldi has been chromium based and I dislike the trend in the industry, so I keep supporting the alternatives to google, remember that we need concurrence for innovation.

~1900eur

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370-A
RAM: ADATA XPG Z1 32GB(2x16GB 2400C16)
PSU: Lepa MX-F1 600W
GPU: Palit StormX GTX 1060 6GB
SOUNDCARD: ASUS Xonar DGX
SSD/NVME: ADATA SX8200PRO 1TB
CPU COOLER: HyperX 212Turbo
Full Rig Info

Moved to Software News.

EU is hitting google with lawsuit's every other year and EU hasn't woken up yet about what google is doing

~1900eur

Owned

Full Rig Info

Moved to Software News.

I kinda think microsoft got singled out, after all, haven't seen them chasing apple. "And Apple's iOS (mobile operating system) is an acknowledged disaster for Mozilla. Safari is the default and, while users can install other browsers, they come doubly hindered: they can never be set as the default, meaning any link clicked in other applications will open in Safari; and they must use Safari's rendering engine�, a technical limitation that means that even the browsers that Firefox does have on the platform are technically just fancy wrappers for Apple's own browser, rather than full versions of the service that Mozilla has built over the decades."

There are no alternatives to safari on apple, everything that is not safari is reskin of it

~1900eur

Owned

Full Rig Info

That is certainly an eye opener, being an Android user I had no idea. I know that the iOS ecosystem is very closed off, but did not realize that of Safari !

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 4 weeks later...