Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Yeah hi

neurotix

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
1.1k 694

crazy baka that locked himself out twice. Damn man VB again? Use one of the new paid ones, a few years back XenForo was great, it had like buttons, ran well on mobile etc. Some now might even have mobile apps included etc. to view the forums with a faster and friendlier appearance.

Found a bug already on the mobile site rig builder thing, in mobile view it shows the components you entered when editing a rig in a tiny text box, you cant read it. But editing in desktop view, you cannot zoom in (a script or CPanel setting is disabling zooming in while in desktop view). Latest Brave Browser. (site also runs super slow).

Anyway, privacy policy and bugs be damned, Ill login later on desktop linux and see what trackers are running in noscript I guess.

Props to you though, seeing what looks like a regular British address in the Privacy Policy is a sigh of relief instead of some shady address in Toronto ;) I hope maybe you will take a better direction than VS so Ill start over here too. damric and Simmons572 (or w.e) both mentioned this to me, so I am here.

Also if you make a hwbot team I'll join it and I bring an easy 1000+ points to a new team cuz yah im leet lol

I could fold as well and I do 3mil PPD. I have another keyboard to build, network secops stuff to do etc so it'll have to wait til I can make an xorg.conf and wrestle with getting Nvidia drivers to turn on PowerMizer and boost, and configure the folding client (which spits errors by default unless you install AMD OpenCL libraries which arent in Debian repos...)

Also if you ever want advice or help on VB or its config, securing a server, fixing scripts (LUA, HTML, Javascript, php, Python, CSS, etc.) I can help and I can also help with security and getting rid of bots (please install a Captcha plugin for registration immediately!! Bots can answer math questions now when ai's run them...) Ive run like 8 forums, game servers (WoW), and made many websites over the years, was a mod and developer in VB as well as used Linux since 03. So I super know what I'm talking about, minus the corporate speak..

Other than posting too much and annoying people well, I'm an old school AMD overclocker (K6-2 500mhz on Super Socket 7 :p )

Ill try to answer Ryzen oc questions for people too but I see a lot of talented and knowledgeable people here, so, Id really hope we can get some functioning modern bot protection as OCN has become infested with bots from reddit or something

Finally- よろしくお願いします。 yoroshiku onegaishimasu which means, happy to be here, I look forward to this, etc. So yah resident free thinking weeb, we need an anime club.

Reply to whatever catches your eye. 4am here. Smoking too much cigs in my garage posting, and maybe other thi... nvm. Time to go watch animu on my Raspberry Pi in bed with my cat then pass out and wake up at 5pm.

​​​​​

Hope to be helpful to the site in whatever way.

~neuro

Edited by neurotix
  • Thanks 1

$5500

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X3D 2100MHz fclk
RAM: G.skill TridentZ5 7600MHz 36-45-45-45 1.425v
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 3.135GHz/12.152GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming Wifi
SSD/NVME: Crucial T700 1TB Gen 5 M.2
MONITOR: Acer Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 144Hz HDR400 FreeSync
CASE: anidees Ai Crystal AR3 Midtower
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus AIO CR360 Dark w/ PTM7950
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x PBO 4.95GHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ventus
RAM: G.skill Flare X DDR4 3733MHz 16-16-16-32-50 1T GDM on
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
CASE: anidees Ai Crystal Cube
PSU: OCZ ModXStream 550w
SSD/NVME: Samsung 850 Evo 256GB
CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: i5-7600 4.5GHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Strix Z270H Gaming
RAM: G.skill DDR4-3000 15-16-16
CASE: Silverstone Grandia series GD09
GPU: GT 710
SSD/NVME: Samsung 850 Evo
MONITOR: Asus V239H 1080p 60Hz IPS
CPU COOLER: Thermalright AXP-120-X67
Full Rig Info

crazy baka that locked himself out twice. Damn man VB again? Use one of the new paid ones, a few years back XenForo was great, it had like buttons, ran well on mobile etc. Some now might even have mobile apps included etc. to view the forums with a faster and friendlier appearance.

Found a bug already on the mobile site rig builder thing, in mobile view it shows the components you entered when editing a rig in a tiny text box, you cant read it. But editing in desktop view, you cannot zoom in (a script or CPanel setting is disabling zooming in while in desktop view). Latest Brave Browser. (site also runs super slow).

Anyway, privacy policy and bugs be damned, Ill login later on desktop linux and see what trackers are running in noscript I guess.

Props to you though, seeing what looks like a regular British address in the Privacy Policy is a sigh of relief instead of some shady address in Toronto ;) I hope maybe you will take a better direction than VS so Ill start over here too. damric and Simmons572 (or w.e) both mentioned this to me, so I am here.

Also if you make a hwbot team I'll join it and I bring an easy 1000+ points to a new team cuz yah im leet lol

I could fold as well and I do 3mil PPD. I have another keyboard to build, network secops stuff to do etc so it'll have to wait til I can make an xorg.conf and wrestle with getting Nvidia drivers to turn on PowerMizer and boost, and configure the folding client (which spits errors by default unless you install AMD OpenCL libraries which arent in Debian repos...)

Also if you ever want advice or help on VB or its config, securing a server, fixing scripts (LUA, HTML, Javascript, php, Python, CSS, etc.) I can help and I can also help with security and getting rid of bots (please install a Captcha plugin for registration immediately!! Bots can answer math questions now when ai's run them...) Ive run like 8 forums, game servers (WoW), and made many websites over the years, was a mod and developer in VB as well as used Linux since 03. So I super know what I'm talking about, minus the corporate speak..

Other than posting too much and annoying people well, I'm an old school AMD overclocker (K6-2 500mhz on Super Socket 7 :p )

Ill try to answer Ryzen oc questions for people too but I see a lot of talented and knowledgeable people here, so, Id really hope we can get some functioning modern bot protection as OCN has become infested with bots from reddit or something

Finally- よろしくお願いします。 yoroshiku onegaishimasu which means, happy to be here, I look forward to this, etc. So yah resident free thinking weeb, we need an anime club.

Reply to whatever catches your eye. 4am here. Smoking too much cigs in my garage posting, and maybe other thi... nvm. Time to go watch animu on my Raspberry Pi in bed with my cat then pass out and wake up at 5pm.

​​​​​

Hope to be helpful to the site in whatever way.

~neuro

A big welcome to you !

Thanks for the suggestions. I am aware of the Rig builder issue on the mobile platform. We were actually holding off on a few fixes as we were waiting to implement a platform upgrade which as of today has been complete, so I will get my dev to tweak this (and a few other items) in the coming days. We are running VB mainly due to the familiarity of the platform. We obviously run a much newer version of the platform, so far so good. Invested a fair bit of time and money tweaking it to the way we want...but it is certainly getting there. There is much more to come, but we have to do things in a methodical way otherwise it becomes madness as I am sure you know. Security wise, other than the Captcha which I will likely alter soon after I check my options, we are fairly good. Security is foremost on my mind. Feel free to check noscript for sure, you should only see 4 things running, Google Adsense, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics & Facebook connect. We do not run anything else, we have kept it to the bare essentials. Hell, Google Adsense only shows as the site was originally registered with ad sense during its inception but its not actually used as there are no ads!

No, no corporation lol. This is a privately owned forum and it will be staying that way. Grassroots private ownership is where it is at for communities, not more, no less. Certainly appreciate your offer of help, luckily I have a dev who does all the work for the site but there can never be too many eyes on things :)

As for HWBOT, I have no issue in starting a team, we have @mllrkllr88 as our native benchmarker man on the site and I am sure this would be right up his street, but I will have a chat with him and see if this is something he would like to take on.

Look forward to seeing you around and it would be great if you can get in on the folding action, every little helps :thumbs_thumbsupup:

Edited by ENTERPRISE

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1.1k 976

I'd just love to hear even a small bit of the backstory and reasoning for creating this site ;)

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

I'd just love to hear even a small bit of the backstory and reasoning for creating this site ;)

I will do a small write up explaining the birth of the site for sure :)

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

1.1k 694

You should just find a Captcha plugin for VB, and nowadays the only effective protection scheme is the full, 2 or 3 page "click the Cars/Crosswalks/Bus/whatever". Also, implementing 2FA could decrease bots getting through if you have to do it to have an active account, which is best practice anyway.

The Captcha, or any plugin, should simply need to go in the right folder on the server (inside VB), and probably come with its own .sql file to import into the database. Then you need to check the files it came with, especially the main one, *to be sure to configure default options* and in VB (which is why I disparage it), depending on what theme you are using, certain plugins may or may not work. I would not be surprised if the mobile view registration form would need to be manually edited in its php file to support a Captcha plugin. (Also it has to be configured in the admin panel, activated, told where to go basically as well as the back end) If you ever want help pm me

I'm sure your VB guy can do all this but I think the zoom in/out on mobile desktop view is probably a theme setting too. VB locks you in too much to one theme and the themes arent dynamic iirc (I like the Facebook style notifications and functioning mobile site though)

Anyway, yes if mllrkllr starts a team I'll join it, I will try to get folding going eventually too (I already wanted to for cv)

• Thanks 1

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

You should just find a Captcha plugin for VB, and nowadays the only effective protection scheme is the full, 2 or 3 page "click the Cars/Crosswalks/Bus/whatever". Also, implementing 2FA could decrease bots getting through if you have to do it to have an active account, which is best practice anyway.

The Captcha, or any plugin, should simply need to go in the right folder on the server (inside VB), and probably come with its own .sql file to import into the database. Then you need to check the files it came with, especially the main one, *to be sure to configure default options* and in VB (which is why I disparage it), depending on what theme you are using, certain plugins may or may not work. I would not be surprised if the mobile view registration form would need to be manually edited in its php file to support a Captcha plugin. (Also it has to be configured in the admin panel, activated, told where to go basically as well as the back end) If you ever want help pm me

I'm sure your VB guy can do all this but I think the zoom in/out on mobile desktop view is probably a theme setting too. VB locks you in too much to one theme and the themes arent dynamic iirc (I like the Facebook style notifications and functioning mobile site though)

Anyway, yes if mllrkllr starts a team I'll join it, I will try to get folding going eventually too (I already wanted to for cv)

Thanks for the advice !

We will certainly be looking into a better captcha style plug-in in the near future. Bots have not been an issue as of yet, so it has not been a high priority task. We have other security type systems in place that make it difficult for bots or spammers but the last addition to that framework will be a new captcha :)

As for 2FA, this was already a consideration and will be implemented. I did put up a poll to guage interest in such a feature: https://extremehw.net/forum/main-forum/4555-2fa-or-not-2fa#post4643

Regarding the theme, we are always tweaking it to enhance its useability/efficiency. We still have more changes to come :)

The HWBOT side of things I will look into. @mllrkllr is a busy chap so will see if he can, but if not I will look into it myself :)

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

FYI, there will be a HWBOT team coming: https://hwbot.org/team/extremehw/

More on this soon :)

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Maybe it's a good thing I kept my Q6600 Optiflex Tower and my T9600 HP Laptop... Get some odd category numbers for ExtremeHW's HWBot.

Number are numbers....benching is benching. We will be happy to have your submissions :)

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

1.1k 694

Go check the hwbot team you made and make me a team captain. I'll start a thread but it will be basic. mllrkllr is more suited to do that and run events.

Also apparently I give teams 3k pts and now it says (for this season), your team is #1 uk thanks to me so yah make me a team captain. Thats crazy points for me being a perma enthusiast. lol

EDIT: Also I will start folding soon under Windows, Debian devs decided to break python gnome support, I tried multiple (10?) terminal operations and installed the package, but got errors from apt. I did get FAHClient to install and run (gdebi hates it as I guess it doesnt conform to new deb packaging rules, tries to install into priveleged directories without correct permissions (and start executables in their path), among other issues. I guess you can send commands to FAHClient in the command line. You can pass stuff to it to print work unit status, etc. I may write a bash script to make this easier and take output to stdout then print it in a terminal.

Problem is that f@h has so much computing power from people joining, it has no work units to send. I heard a boinc project called Rosetta@Home is sending COVID-19 units now. We should make a boinc team possibly til f@h can deliver units consistently again.

Sorry this is long :/

Edited by neurotix

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Go check the hwbot team you made and make me a team captain. I'll start a thread but it will be basic. mllrkllr is more suited to do that and run events.

Also apparently I give teams 3k pts and now it says (for this season), your team is #1 uk thanks to me so yah make me a team captain. Thats crazy points for me being a perma enthusiast. lol

EDIT: Also I will start folding soon under Windows, Debian devs decided to break python gnome support, I tried multiple (10?) terminal operations and installed the package, but got errors from apt. I did get FAHClient to install and run (gdebi hates it as I guess it doesnt conform to new deb packaging rules, tries to install into priveleged directories without correct permissions (and start executables in their path), among other issues. I guess you can send commands to FAHClient in the command line. You can pass stuff to it to print work unit status, etc. I may write a bash script to make this easier and take output to stdout then print it in a terminal.

Problem is that f@h has so much computing power from people joining, it has no work units to send. I heard a boinc project called Rosetta@Home is sending COVID-19 units now. We should make a boinc team possibly til f@h can deliver units consistently again.

Sorry this is long :/

Hey bud,

What kind of HWBOT thread would you like to make ? Haha yeah must not be many HWBOT teams in the UK. I will start to look at getting peeps setup on HWBOT soon, I will PM you on that soon :)

As for folding that is great, folding in Windows is certainly more straight forward than Linux in general full stop I think, but I know there is a slight points advantage to folding in linux.

• Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

1.1k 694

Yeah, Ill make a thread IF damric, mllrkllr and anyone else from ocn joins. I did compete in the recent Freezer Burn comp and so on and have been a member of the team over there since 2011. I would like to see some people join, before Id commit long term to a ExtremeHW team (if mllrkllr or Noxinite join Ill stay.)

Edit: as far as folding goes, blame Debian being so progressive to break the old gtk2 interface that Fahcontrol needs to work (its just like the Windows 'advanced' if you right click the client in the system tray)

Otherwise I did have it working in the command line but the 1080tis are really popular still, so the server said "no units available for this configuration". I havent tried again since. I use Linux on my machine for all kinds of things on my network like my Pis as well as PSTV, so I really need it for ssh, ftp, terminal remote editing of Pi or router config files, and local only SMB server. I am forced to use Windows 10 and security > everything else, also having my home server and avoiding data collection. So unfortunately folding in Windows is not an option even using Comodo CIS Free etc. If I could use Windows 7 on x570 it would be an entirely different thing (it is too much hassle when the installer has no kb/mouse support for usb yet the board has no PS/2 port) :(

Ill try right now though and see if it grabs a WU on my rig. Then get to editing the conf files. Also, I cannot log in on desktop atm w/Firefox, I even disabled all extensions, I just get an infinite login window that spawns another when clicked in the top right...

Edited by neurotix

$5500

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Yeah, Ill make a thread IF damric, mllrkllr and anyone else from ocn joins. I did compete in the recent Freezer Burn comp and so on and have been a member of the team over there since 2011. I would like to see some people join, before Id commit long term to a ExtremeHW team (if mllrkllr or Noxinite join Ill stay.)

Well it would certainly be awesome to have those guys with us, this year assuming it does not punish me any more, I will look to host a benching comp with prizes etc, It would be a lot of fun.

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info