Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the pfense club

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've long wondering if I should get one of these. I'll soon have a spare core 2 quad rig with 4GB DDR2, so I figure that'd be enough right?

I'd have like up to 10 wired connections total.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Comment

If it the Core 2 Quad has the AES-NI instruction set, it should work great!

On the other hand though, if it doesn't, there is always OPNSense.

Not that PFSense is enforcing that right now, or even in the next release, but it sounds like they may very well so.. yeah.
      keebs | pfsense
      : ( ) { : | : & } ; :

Comment

The great thing about Pfsense and its general purpose, low end/dated hardware within reason will perform just fine. Perfect for re-purposing that old rig sitting in the corner gathering dust !
        Welcome to EHW
        Site Guide & Features
        Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
        Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
          The great thing about Pfsense and its general purpose, low end/dated hardware within reason will perform just fine. Perfect for re-purposing that old rig sitting in the corner gathering dust !
          Indeed. The only reason why I upgraded to modern hardware was due to OpenVPN encryption bogging down resources once our Internet speed increased above 100 Mbps.

And even then, I still bought a used Xeon of ebay lol

Comment

Working...
          X