Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

It's HERE!

Avacado

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

I'd get one if it had ARGB, but the default "blue glow" is a deal breaker for me.  If it can't do "rainbow puke" out of the box, how can you future proof your system?

TDM

Owned

CPU: 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus 6900XT Extreme WF
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3600 14-14-14-34
WC CPU BLOCK: Watercool Heatkiller IV
WC PUMP: XTOP Revo / FLT 120 + 3 D5's
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro
CASE: Gutted Enthoo Pro 2
Full Rig Info

26 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Just in case anyone beside D'Jango doesn't see this as Satire. This is a joke guys.

Yes, but a joke that includes a great concept. Why can't video cards become modular like a MB with the GPU able to be swapped? Look how much it has helped AMD on the CPU side. It's not that it can't be done, I see it as a reluctance on the part of mfg. With cards flying off the shelf for nothing but ePeen ( if you tell me you can see the difference between 120 and 140 fps, I am going say "suuuuuuuuuuure you can"), why cut into the bottom line?

The fact that he had Intel as the one doing was a clever jab.

Edited by ciarlatano
  • Respect 2

43 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Just in case anyone beside D'Jango doesn't see this as Satire. This is a joke guys.

...I actually thought it was pretty funny myself; and now I know what to get you for xmas this year: 

bungholio-king.thumb.jpg.f98bcc9a83be069845ae23460e9be46e.jpg

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead

The beginning of the video was realistic enough to suck me in, but once he took the cooler off, well...

The GPU socket though, my M2000 has something that looks like a damn AMD CPU socket. I didn't try to remove it, but clearly it's modular design.

m2000-4.jpg

I appreciate the amount of work that they put into that video, and it did make me laugh.

Edited by damric

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

3 please 

Owned

CPU: Intel i9 10900K @ 51/47 1.26v
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z590 Maximus XIII Hero
RAM: G.Skill DDR4-4266 CL17 32GB @ 4300 15-16-16-35 2T 1.55v
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 Ti
SSD/NVME: Team Group MP34 4TB NVMe + WD Blue 4TB SATA SSD
CPU COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Noctua iPPC 3000
PSU: Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1000W
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @ 47/43 1.22v
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Z390 Taichi
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 CL16 64GB @ 3200 16-20-20-38 1T 1.35v
SSD/NVME: SN850 1TB + HP EX950 2TB + SX8200 2TB NVMe
HDD: 4x Seagate Exos X16 14TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
OTHER: LSI Logic 9207-8i
NETWORK: Intel X540 10 GbE
Full Rig Info

$600

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7 5825U
MOTHERBOARD: SFX14-42G-R607
RAM: 16GB LPDDR4-4266
SSD/NVME: SK Hynix P31 Gold 2TB M.2 NVME
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung PM991a 512GB M.2 NVME
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti 4GB 35W @ 55W
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
MONITOR: 14" 1080p IPS 60hz @ 72hz
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, iamjanco said:

...I actually thought it was pretty funny myself; and now I know what to get you for xmas this year: 

bungholio-king.thumb.jpg.f98bcc9a83be069845ae23460e9be46e.jpg

So, the 3090 is off the table then? My size is extra shmedium. Please include a roll of 2-ply Charmin with the sweater to heighten the effect. 

Edited by Avacado

I thought the vid was pretty funny, especially the length of the cables he pulls out of the rear "port" towards the end.  I had assumed it would not be necessary to make this declaration, but given Avacado's uncertainty regarding his audience, let me state openly that my original post is this thread was about as tongue in cheek as I could get 🤣.  I've actually laughed more thinking about him sitting at his keyboard wondering "what's wrong with these people?", than I did at the actual video itself 😜

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

TDM

Owned

CPU: 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus 6900XT Extreme WF
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3600 14-14-14-34
WC CPU BLOCK: Watercool Heatkiller IV
WC PUMP: XTOP Revo / FLT 120 + 3 D5's
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 Pro
CASE: Gutted Enthoo Pro 2
Full Rig Info

You know, the thing about it being modular is a good point.  Why CAN'T GPU manufacturers make GPU's modular?  Want more VRAM?  Buy more GDDR5 VRAM or GDDR6 or whatever we're up to now, slap it on there with a socket.  Want more GPU horsepower, toss an upgraded GPU in the socket.  Easy peasy just like a CPU / system RAM.  Would be nice if GPU manufacturers would do that.  Lots of things would be nice..... -_-

Video was good.  I think I've seen it before, but a classic nontheless. 🙂

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

Just now, pioneerisloud said:

You know, the thing about it being modular is a good point.  Why CAN'T GPU manufacturers make GPU's modular?  Want more VRAM?  Buy more GDDR5 VRAM or GDDR6 or whatever we're up to now, slap it on there with a socket.  Want more GPU horsepower, toss an upgraded GPU in the socket.  Easy peasy just like a CPU / system RAM.  Would be nice if GPU manufacturers would do that.  Lots of things would be nice..... -_-

Video was good.  I think I've seen it before, but a classic nontheless. 🙂

For the same reason as cures. There is no money in a cure, only the medicine. Why make something modular when consumers are forced to spend gobs of money every iteration?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

I thought the vid was pretty funny, especially the length of the cables he pulls out of the rear "port" towards the end.  I had assumed it would not be necessary to make this declaration, but given Avacado's uncertainty regarding his audience, let me state openly that my original post is this thread was about as tongue in cheek as I could get 🤣.  I've actually laughed more thinking about him sitting at his keyboard wondering "what's wrong with these people?", than I did at the actual video itself 😜

Yea yea yea. Love to too Stanton. 

• Thanks 1

Forgot about this satire channel. I remember seeing the 4090 video. 😂 That said, I agree the idea of a socketable GPU chip is interesting. 

• Thanks 1

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Ventura
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

11 hours ago, Avacado said:

For the same reason as cures. There is no money in a cure, only the medicine. Why make something modular when consumers are forced to spend gobs of money every iteration?

It's not that they are forced to, it is that they do it regardless of whether it makes sense. If users were reasonable about the experience rather than meaningless benchmarks, things would change.

• Respect 1

4 hours ago, ciarlatano said:

It's not that they are forced to, it is that they do it regardless of whether it makes sense. If users were reasonable about the experience rather than meaningless benchmarks, things would change.

lol, I'm doing MY share, a list of my graphics upgrades. GTX 750ti, a HD5770 that came pre-installed in a prebuilt dell was replaced with a GTX 970, and now an RTX 2070. I also have a GTX 950 that I put in the wifes comp to replace the 750ti she was using. Most everything else was purchased off ebay for used builds. (e.g. hd3450)

The only thing I would like is... to be able to buy a GPU without a cooler.  I'm putting a waterblock on it anyway..so why do I have to pay for a cooler that I'm going to remove, and put in the room with the rest of my old parts and never find it again.

Edited by Diffident

6 hours ago, Diffident said:

The only thing I would like is... to be able to buy a GPU without a cooler.  I'm putting a waterblock on it anyway..so why do I have to pay for a cooler that I'm going to remove, and put in the room with the rest of my old parts and never find it again.

That would be a nice idea,but I think there might be issues with warranties because of them saying it was cooling related? since it's non-factory cooling? (I've never water cooled anything except a 775 system with an aio so never had a warranty issue)🤔

17 hours ago, schuck6566 said:

That would be a nice idea,but I think there might be issues with warranties because of them saying it was cooling related? since it's non-factory cooling? (I've never water cooled anything except a 775 system with an aio so never had a warranty issue)🤔

CPU's sold without coolers doesn't seem to be an issue.