Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Drain Tap Dysfunction

Sgt_Swanny

Hey all, 

Sorry I haven't really been on here. Been busy with moving and some issues life threw at me, you know how it all is. 

Now I have PC issues I'm hoping someone can help me with. 

So I decide to clean my water loop, change the pipes and refill with some new coolant, you know yearly water loop maintenance. I also moved the drain tap to the "viewing" side of the case. Just so it's easy to get to when maintaining, It used to be at the other side hidden however to drain the system you have to open both sides of the case. So I've moved the tape on the pump. However I cannot get to point down securely where it's currently fitted. So after using the drain tap I would have to move it to the left to tighten the fitting. No matter how I screw the fitting on i cannot get to point down. 

The fittings, Taps and T-splitter are all Barrows.

I hope I have explained this where you can understand the issue and hoping you can suggest other fitting which work better or another way to fit tap.

Cheers Guys.

20211004_230647.jpg

20211004_230658.jpg

20211004_230707.jpg

20211004_230720.jpg

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900
GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 xt
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX AMD
RAM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB (4x 16GB) 6400MHz
SSD/NVME: Seagate 2TB Firecuda 520 NVMe
PSU: EVGA supernova 1200 p2 80+ platinum
MONITOR: Asus ROG Strix XG43VQ
CASE: be quiet! Black Pure Base 500 FX
Full Rig Info

If you just want to do it with a single fitting, you'll want to get a dual-rotary 90.  Bitspower, barrow, alphacool, and a bunch of other fitting manufacturers make a varity of dual-rotary 90s.  Here's an alphacool dual-rotary 90: https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/fittings-connectors/alphacool-eiszapfen-angled-adaptor-90-rotatable-g1-4-outer-thread-to-g1-4-inner-thread-deep-black-ac-17260.html

• Thanks 2