Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Incoming 13900KS..

newls1
2 Attachments

I could see if you were hitting 6.3-6.4GHz ES OC that might be a possibility, but IMO not worth it. Your performance/benchmark results will not see enough of a substantial difference to justify the buy. These processors are nearly maxed out from the factory. If If you have cash to throw down go with something unique (at least that's what I would do lol)

2 hours ago, newls1 said:

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-i9-13900ks-6-ghz-cpu-has-been-spotted-in-china

I have a pretty good 13900K @ 5.9 @ 1.35V so im having a hard time deciding if its worth it to purchase this?!  You think 6.1 all core @ 1.35v might be doable?

• Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

• 2 weeks later...

My local MC has it in stock but everything inside me is trying to talk myself out of going 700$ in debt for it!  The need to always have/want the best of the best is such a terrible drug!  Im currently @ 5.9P/4.6E/5.0ring and my mem @ 7730 (Unify X holding me back there im thinking) so other then having hopes to gain stability @ 6GHz would be the fun out of this...  MAN I hate these decisions!

Definitely not worth it if you’re running 5.9x8. Sounds like you have an above average binned chip as is.

1.35v is your set or get voltage? That’s quite high if it’s get.. what kind of wattage/current are you pulling in CB/Realbench, or whatever you used for stress-testing?

• Thanks 2

5.5 vs 6ghz is like 9% sadly those high clock reduce the benefit of increasing clock.

Owned

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info

5 hours ago, acoustic said:

Definitely not worth it if you’re running 5.9x8. Sounds like you have an above average binned chip as is.

1.35v is your set or get voltage? That’s quite high if it’s get.. what kind of wattage/current are you pulling in CB/Realbench, or whatever you used for stress-testing?

I set 1.35 in bios on a static Vcore, and get 1.28v under CB R23 load.  IIRC correctly my watts are 308ish  (chip is direct die cooled with a very nice water setup)  Youve helped me countless times on OCN, but for some reason i got banned FOR I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!?

Edited by newls1
  • Respect 1

In this mist of saving me 700$ I decided to try 6ghz all core on my 13900K this morning, and using 1.375v, I get 1.310v under r23 load and thats VROUT actual voltage and 340watts all core loaded WITH E-Cores @ 4.65.  Here are a few pics of y-cruncer and R23.   The CPU will never be under this kind of amperage load as its a gaming PC after all, but having 6ghz is pretty cool and I feel lucky that I can pass y-cruncher and r23 at this speed.  Am I going to be okay with this?

6ghz.JPG

6ghz r23.JPG

Wow, didn’t know you were banned. I wonder why? Strange.

I wouldn’t run Y-Cruncher at such high voltages. The CurrentA must have been absurd, lol. Phenomenal temps though! SuperCool DD block, I presume?

1.28v load for 5.9 is very nice. My chip needs 1.25 just for 5.7; very average-ish bin. I run stock P Cores since there’s no real gain for me at 4K, and undervolt the chip down. I do run 50x ring, but the current Unify-X Beta BIOS broke ring OCing.. waiting for a new release.

We’ll see what happens when I put the 4090 in, but I don’t expect to see any CPU limits. Phanteks has completely dropped the ball on shipping my block and I’m this |-| close to canceling the order and demanding a refund, and just putting the EK block on back-order. Paid for two day shipping on Tuesday afternoon, didn’t receive tracking info until Thursday, and currently it’s Saturday morning with no item received by USPS. I paid extra for faster shipping to have both the card and block show up within a day of each other.. thanks Phanteks..

Isn’t ENTERPRISE also an admin on OCN? Might be able to ask him what caused your ban. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by acoustic

1 hour ago, acoustic said:

Wow, didn’t know you were banned. I wonder why? Strange.

I wouldn’t run Y-Cruncher at such high voltages. The CurrentA must have been absurd, lol. Phenomenal temps though! SuperCool DD block, I presume?

1.28v load for 5.9 is very nice. My chip needs 1.25 just for 5.7; very average-ish bin. I run stock P Cores since there’s no real gain for me at 4K, and undervolt the chip down. I do run 50x ring, but the current Unify-X Beta BIOS broke ring OCing.. waiting for a new release.

We’ll see what happens when I put the 4090 in, but I don’t expect to see any CPU limits. Phanteks has completely dropped the ball on shipping my block and I’m this |-| close to canceling the order and demanding a refund, and just putting the EK block on back-order. Paid for two day shipping on Tuesday afternoon, didn’t receive tracking info until Thursday, and currently it’s Saturday morning with no item received by USPS. I paid extra for faster shipping to have both the card and block show up within a day of each other.. thanks Phanteks..

Isn’t ENTERPRISE also an admin on OCN? Might be able to ask him what caused your ban. 🤷‍♂️

@ENTERPRISE , I have asked him via PM's and he is nice enough to look in on this and try to help me out.  Ive never done anything wrong there, and if I have... someone needs to SHOW ME what I did.  Ive been a long time member there and have helped a lot over there only to be greeted with what I guess is a permaban for circumstances I just dont understand.  

Anyways....  I just run Y-Cruncher 2.5b for 2-3 back to back quick runs, is that bad?  Yes, its a supercool direct die block.  Wow, we have the same board, thats rare as most have moved on to the million dollar apex or kingpin boards.  I have ZERO issues with this unify x and will go as far and say its the best board ive ever owned.  Im staying on A.80 forever... I have zero reason to try anything else.  I know I was DETERMINED to get 7730 to train, but after finding proper voltages and 3-4 back to back full power cycles (pull cord from wall, hit power buttom to drain residual power, replug power cord in) I repeated this a few times in a row then 7700+ will train and retrain 100% of the time.  Most dont understand that about this board and I hate seeing people saying 7200 speeds/7400 speeds/7600 speeds cant be had on this board... IT CAN IF YOU DO ABOVE!!  its patience training!!! 

Sir, I value your input and if you can let me know about my y-cruncher runs, if im hurting my cpu for those quick runs, id sure appreciate the feedback.  The Current VOUT was 259A, is that bad for about a minute long benchie?  

Sir, I too have the phanteks waterblock on my 4090 and ITS AMAZING!!  Very nice quality and i must have been lucky cause i ordered it a month ago as it was "In stock" on their website, and 2 days later I had it in hand.  Beautiful block and the best part was the thermalpads were all pre cut and no guess work on application!

Edited by newls1
  • Respect 1

6 hours ago, newls1 said:

@ENTERPRISE , I have asked him via PM's and he is nice enough to look in on this and try to help me out.  Ive never done anything wrong there, and if I have... someone needs to SHOW ME what I did.  Ive been a long time member there and have helped a lot over there only to be greeted with what I guess is a permaban for circumstances I just dont understand. 

Anyways....  I just run Y-Cruncher 2.5b for 2-3 back to back quick runs, is that bad?  Yes, its a supercool direct die block.  Wow, we have the same board, thats rare as most have moved on to the million dollar apex or kingpin boards.  I have ZERO issues with this unify x and will go as far and say its the best board ive ever owned.  Im staying on A.80 forever... I have zero reason to try anything else.  I know I was DETERMINED to get 7730 to train, but after finding proper voltages and 3-4 back to back full power cycles (pull cord from wall, hit power buttom to drain residual power, replug power cord in) I repeated this a few times in a row then 7700+ will train and retrain 100% of the time.  Most dont understand that about this board and I hate seeing people saying 7200 speeds/7400 speeds/7600 speeds cant be had on this board... IT CAN IF YOU DO ABOVE!!  its patience training!!! 

Sir, I value your input and if you can let me know about my y-cruncher runs, if im hurting my cpu for those quick runs, id sure appreciate the feedback.  The Current VOUT was 259A, is that bad for about a minute long benchie?  

Sir, I too have the phanteks waterblock on my 4090 and ITS AMAZING!!  Very nice quality and i must have been lucky cause i ordered it a month ago as it was "In stock" on their website, and 2 days later I had it in hand.  Beautiful block and the best part was the thermalpads were all pre cut and no guess work on application!

I hope it gets sorted out for you, regarding the ban.

Yes, I have a Unify-X. I’m glad you received a good board, because I didn’t.. lol. There are those of us stuck (for me, 7200 or lower) at lower frequencies due to ChA being basically broken. It’s unfortunate but was able to get it confirmed via someone who works at MSI. Apparently it was fixed with the Z790 Unify-X, but they never released it.

259A sounds low for Y-Cruncher at 1.28v VRVOUT. I’m assuming you’ve tuned your DC_LL to your LLC in order to have accurate power readings? I’d try to avoid throwing all those heavy loads.. definitely get it for testing stability, but I’d do it as little as possible. These days, I’ve found using Realbench 2.56 does a great job without pulling absurd power/current, and then gaming. COD MW2 is very sensitive to low VCORE, for P/E/Ring, as far as I’ve found. I’ve passed Y-Cruncher and CB23 but then had it crash in COD MW2 after 25min.

Phanteks is on my *-list right now. I ordered the block Tuesday and they still, as of Saturday, failed to get the block to USPS. It should not take them four days to get my product to the shipper, especially when I paid extra for 2-day shipping. It’s really frustrating as I can’t fit the 4090 with the air cooler since it contacts my second pump.. and I’m not removing the pump for short-term.

Glad you like the block! I’m looking forward to it.. if it ever gets to me. Planning on calling them Monday and asking for a refund on my shipping. It’s been an unacceptable experience thus far..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acoustic said:

I hope it gets sorted out for you, regarding the ban.

Yes, I have a Unify-X. I’m glad you received a good board, because I didn’t.. lol. There are those of us stuck (for me, 7200 or lower) at lower frequencies due to ChA being basically broken. It’s unfortunate but was able to get it confirmed via someone who works at MSI. Apparently it was fixed with the Z790 Unify-X, but they never released it.

259A sounds low for Y-Cruncher at 1.28v VRVOUT. I’m assuming you’ve tuned your DC_LL to your LLC in order to have accurate power readings? I’d try to avoid throwing all those heavy loads.. definitely get it for testing stability, but I’d do it as little as possible. These days, I’ve found using Realbench 2.56 does a great job without pulling absurd power/current, and then gaming. COD MW2 is very sensitive to low VCORE, for P/E/Ring, as far as I’ve found. I’ve passed Y-Cruncher and CB23 but then had it crash in COD MW2 after 25min.

Phanteks is on my *-list right now. I ordered the block Tuesday and they still, as of Saturday, failed to get the block to USPS. It should not take them four days to get my product to the shipper, especially when I paid extra for 2-day shipping. It’s really frustrating as I can’t fit the 4090 with the air cooler since it contacts my second pump.. and I’m not removing the pump for short-term.

Glad you like the block! I’m looking forward to it.. if it ever gets to me. Planning on calling them Monday and asking for a refund on my shipping. It’s been an unacceptable experience thus far..

im sorry to hear about your MSI and Phanteks experience!  YOu cant catch a break it seems.  Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newls1 said:

im sorry to hear about your MSI and Phanteks experience!  YOu cant catch a break it seems.  Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated.  

Has been my luck of late, lol. 15+ years and never really had an issue.. was bound to hit a rough streak eventually.

no problem dude!

Edited by acoustic
  • Thanks 1