Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

The Extreme HW Game List - 2023 Edition

Go to solution Solved by Slaughtahouse,

On 17/05/2023 at 14:08, Slaughtahouse said:

Honestly, these past few months, and even last couple years have been really good for gaming. Sure, not every PC port is in good condition. Refer to Digital Foundry recent reviews for, Callisto Protocol, Dead Space, that Square Enix RPG, The Last of Us, RedFall. But still, there are a lot of GOOD quality games. Whether triple A or indie. 

I've probably never played as much games in my adult life (6-8hrs a week) as I do now. 

Since the pandemic started, I've been playing....

• Hades (PC + Switch)
  • Resident Evil Series (Remakes 2, 3, + new entries 7, and 8.)
  • Catching up on Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, Elden Ring (PC)
  • Inscryption (PC)
  • Doom Eternal (PC)
  • Hitman 3 (PC)
  • Pentiment (PC)
  • Streets of Rage 4 (PC + Switch)
  • TMNT: Shredders Revenge (PC + Switch)
  • God of War 2018 (PC)

All of those titles are past couple years. This year with titles like Dredge, RE4 remake, Tears of the Kingdom...

Hell, the next month has 3 absolute bangers: FF XVI, Diablo IV, SF VI.

Horizon Zero Dawn isn't bad either. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 04/04/2023 at 16:50, Slaughtahouse said:

Honestly, I have no idea what "Gollum" is about, either than the fact that you will play as Gollum. That can go 1 of 2 ways. Either its very innovative or... it's just a generic movie / lore tie in. 

This image doesn't give me a vote of confidence -> but hey, my assumptions have been wrong before. 

Dune: Spice Wars is currently in Early Access. Let me fix the sheet... Reviews are good but full release is soon. Looks like an RTS. Haven't played or studied it all that much 🙂

@Sir Beregond  

WWW.METACRITIC.COM

The Lord of the Rings - Gollum for PlayStation 5 game reviews & Metacritic score: The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is a story-driven...

Looks like it's not even a generic tie-in and for those following the thread, this title takes the bottom of the barrel spot for a new title released in 2023.

Congrats, Gollum. 

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 3

Sony Playstation Showcase

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Sony's hotly-anticipated PlayStation Showcase is over, and we now have a clearer idea of what PlayStation 5 and PSVR2 o…

Here's a good summary of everything announced. I'll work on updating the Google sheet since a few titles are coming out this year and will also be out on PC. 

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Slaughtahouse said:

@Sir Beregond  

WWW.METACRITIC.COM

The Lord of the Rings - Gollum for PlayStation 5 game reviews & Metacritic score: The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is a story-driven...

Looks like it's not even a generic tie-in and for those following the thread, this title takes the bottom of the barrel spot for a new title released in 2023.

Congrats, Gollum. 

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

• Thanks 2

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok! Welp *cracks knuckles* 

I was out for a few weeks but now I am back. A TON of updates. Before I go update the Google sheet in the OP, which will likely take me a few days, here is a link to everything that was announced during "Summer Game Fest". This was kindly logged by our friends at Eurogamer. I'm not sure if this includes other presentations beyond the main one hosted by Geoff but I'll need more time to collect info. 

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Everything announced during the Summer Game Fest 2023 list, including trailers.<figure><video...

For those that don't know, SGF (Summer Game Fest) is essentially the new E3. Too much politics with the ESA, the association in charge of E3. SGF will likely supersede E3 going forward.

As another reminder, this thread is... more or less, is isolated to titles released in 2023. Anything released in 2024 and beyond isn't in scope. That said, dates change, games get announced etc. and I welcome any discussion about games 🙂

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 2

Man... I saw an article (can't remember when but at least a few months back or more..), with an upcoming game that was supposed to be released Nov this year.  Started with an R.  Looked like a cross between Diablo, Torchlight, and Warcraft 3...

If anyone has any ideas I'd be STOKED to find it and follow it... Name is kinda like Returnal, but obviously not.. LOL.  Anyone got any ideas?

7 hours ago, GanjaSMK said:

Man... I saw an article (can't remember when but at least a few months back or more..), with an upcoming game that was supposed to be released Nov this year.  Started with an R.  Looked like a cross between Diablo, Torchlight, and Warcraft 3...

If anyone has any ideas I'd be STOKED to find it and follow it... Name is kinda like Returnal, but obviously not.. LOL.  Anyone got any ideas?

Closest thing I could find was Remnant II

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Remnant II pits survivors of humanity against new deadly creatures and god-like bosses across terrifying worlds. Play solo or co-op with two...

• Thanks 1

The only thing I could find which may be what you're looking for is this: 

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Arran is a hack and slash co-op dark fantasy adventure with some RPG elements. Gore through enemies solo or along with up to 5 online...

I can't find anything with an 'R' or name similar to 'Returnal'. This is more Diablo / Torchlight than Warcraft 3 but even if it's not the game, it looks pretty decent.

For the thread, I've updated the sheet with latest metacritic scores for all the titles released in the past few weeks. Including Diablo IV, Street Fighter VI, and (PS timed exclusive) Final Fantasy XVI.

I still need time to add all the titles announced and new dates 🙂 I won't log all the changes in a post. Too much time but if there things worth flagging after I keep digging, I will note it in a subsequent post. 

Important notes*

• Steam Next Fest is on right now. There will be some sales and of course, demos from Summer Game Fest: June 19th - 26th 
  • The Steam Summer Sale starts NEXT WEEK: June 29th - July 13th. If you're looking to buy a new title this summer, you may want to wait one more week 🙂

Edited by Slaughtahouse

That game does look pretty fun.  I loved playing Torchlight... Having been on the road for nearly 1.8 years and just kinda getting settled into new place I have of course installed all the games I didn't play... big big big game play backlog. 😛

Like... I am play COD/BF2042/CS:GO, just registered for XDefiant and... in the middle of these games currently:

Far Cry 5

Cypberpunk 2077

Dishonored DE

AOE II RM

Dungeons 3

Death Stranding

RDR2

I... I don't.... Uh... I don't uh..... I don't think I'm gonna finish 'em all LOL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GanjaSMK said:

That game does look pretty fun.  I loved playing Torchlight... Having been on the road for nearly 1.8 years and just kinda getting settled into new place I have of course installed all the games I didn't play... big big big game play backlog. 😛

Like... I am play COD/BF2042/CS:GO, just registered for XDefiant and... in the middle of these games currently:

Far Cry 5

Cypberpunk 2077

Dishonored DE

AOE II RM

Dungeons 3

Death Stranding

RDR2

I... I don't.... Uh... I don't uh..... I don't think I'm gonna finish 'em all LOL

You'll never catch up on the backlog. I was living abroad for years and even now, just with work which is very "agile" in a sense. Meaning I go from low work load to high work load without rhyme or reason, I've given up on beating the backlog.

I usually pick a few titles, from the log and from the year, and that's my focus. If you stay on the log too long, you miss out on some of the zeitgeist of a new launch. It's hard to balance but I find dabbling on both sides help keeps me "sane". 

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

The Starfield post

Still catching up on all the announcements but today I just watched the Starfield videos. Wow! I am very (cautiously) optimistic! There is a lot of marketing and hype laced into the Deep Dive but I highly recommend watching that video. It's about 45mns long but gives a lot of good insights into the type of game this will be. 

I almost laughed out loud when I saw that they're basically reviving the adoring fan from Oblivion. 

Oblivion and Fallout 3 are some of my all time favourite games. Bethesda used to wow me but I fell off the wagon with Skyrim and didn't play much of Fallout 4. I hope this game launches well but I've learned my lesson. I will wait patiently for reviews, both critics and users before touching it. If it launches in a good state, who knows, this could be one of the best games of the year 🙂 

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, schuck6566 said:

After watching my wife play, I hope that's not what he's waiting for. 😞

Exactly! We should all erase that game from our minds. 

There was a report that came out after launch from Jason Schreier, linked below, that goes into detail of what really happened behind the scenes. The article is paywalled but you can read more about it here on Gamesindustry.

WWW.GAMESINDUSTRY.BIZ

Sign up for the GI Daily here to get the biggest news straight to your inboxRedfall developers have said the disappoint…

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Thanks 1

On 02/03/2023 at 13:07, Sir Beregond said:

What I mean by dumb down is read quest logs between Morrowind to Oblivion to Skyrim for example and you see how much more dumbed down Skyrim got in the flavor text that made it interesting as an RPG even compared to Oblivion.

I miss the days of bandits with names.

This steam summer sale has been hard for me.  I'm so tempted to buy 10+ games, but part of me says I never play them all when I do it that way.  I've been going through ny catalog of games and I still have so many unfinished games.  Hard to resist the temptation though.

• Thanks 1