Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

RTX 2070 Max Q (Refresh) Shunt Mod

MrSweet1991

Hi All, 

Specs are as follows:

MSI GS66 10SF 

CPU: 10750H (Liquid Metal) 

GPU: RTX 2070 Max Q Refresh (Liquid Metal) 

VRMS and Memory cooled with K5 Pro paste and 3 additional copper heatsinks (2 for VRMS and 1 for CPU) 

Temperatures are really good, on overclocked GPU (+137 Core +900 mem) both CPU and GPU average around 60/67 degrees. 

I've changed my 0R005 resistors to 0R003 which according to a member called Sean Wee takes my 80w limit to 133w. However, after checking in afterburner and GPU-Z I appear to hit Power throttles and Voltage straight away, even with no overclock on the GPU and lower CPU speeds in Throttle Stop FIVR settings. 

Can anyone suggest anything to test to understand why this is happening? I've tried a multimeter for resistance but it's nowhere near low enough for these tiny resistors so on the 200 setting I get 0.5 on both. 

I've ordered some more 0R003 1w 1% 1206 resistors from a different seller which I will solder again in a few days when they arrive but I'm just at a loss what to actually try, weirdly enough the card seems to work okay as far as FPS and even Time Spy benchmarks I can hit 8400ish which isnt great but considering it seems to hit power throttles instantly I'd expect it to perform terribly. 

PXL_20230223_004809393.jpg

PXL_20230223_004535065.jpg

Edited by MrSweet1991
  • Respect 2