Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Games

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Games

Updating thread title, rather than having to ask for each individual expired thread to be closed, might as well just make a universal freebie thread.

...In theory. I can't figure out how to claim it. If I try to open it in ubisoft the activation popup just comes with no code, add it to cart and they still want $40. Probably still free on Epic anyway but hey, free stuffs.

[url="https://store.ubi.com/us/for-honor/575ffdd3a3be1633568b5024.html?ncid=2057-4315---1-intlnk-37-55-DM_FHONOR_BRAND_BN--17-2--0516-4----FH_WC___DM_FHONOR_BRAND_BN_ID31427"]Buy For Honor for PC | Ubisoft Official Store[/url]

edit: Got it working, if you're having trouble, make sure Uplay is completely closed before clicking the get it free button if you're having any problems.
    Last edited by SeriousDon; 30-08-2019, 09:20 PM.

Nice, will take a look. Free game is a free game !
    Welcome to EHW
    Site Guide & Features
    Check out the EHW Facebook & Twitter
    Site projects supported by your donations

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Forgot to mention I got it working. For some reason if I had the ubisoft launcher open, it would just give me a popup asking for an activation key. I closed the uplay app completely and let it relaunch from the link in the browser and boom.. free game!

Comment

It wants my credit card details. Is Ubisoft to be trusted these days? :P

Comment

I didn't have to do any such thing. If it's going into your cart on the web page, something is wrong. That happened to me too.

Just make sure you have the uplay launcher installed and it should try to launch it from the browser.

THIS is the link that launched uplay and gave me the game (not sure if it will work here though)

Comment

Got it working now. Holy jesus though, 49GB download.

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, games are getting huge these days..

I recently grabbed a decommissioned 3TB WD Black from ebay for $50 for a game drive.... got lucky, only had a few hundred hours on it and a couple current pending sectors in smart.. Zeroed it out and the errors are still gone.. good enough for a poor mans fast-ish game drive.

Comment

Dirt Rally (Steam) free on humble.. ends in under 48 hours. Another 40gb~ game, good way to fill your drives.
                The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.

Comment

I remember when games where like 6-10Gb...those were the days. Then again its all kind of relative. Back then broadband was still in its infancy....so it still took ages to download lol.
                  Welcome to EHW
                  Site Guide & Features

Enjoying the site with no Ads ? Helps us keep EHW Ad and bloat free by purchasing a Premium Account

Comment

Dirt Rally is an Oculus Rift exclusive ? I can't get it to work at all with my Index, nothing gets it to work. These types of exclusives are very dumb and I'm glad it didn't work out for them.

Otherwise, it's a very good game. Both with a wheel and controller.
                    CPU: AMD R5 1600 Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 PLUS GPU: EVGA 2070 Black RAM: 16GB Corsair (2x8GB) Storage 1: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB Storage 2: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White OS: Windows 10 Pro Montior 1: LG 32LD450 Monitor 2: Dell E207WFP VR: Valve Index Keyboard: Ducky One2 Midnight MX Blue Mouse: Steelseries Rival 310

Comment

Hi all,just want to add that Epic Games has a new free game(@ least 1) every week. What I do is click "Get game" and send it to my library instead of installing.Then when I DO decide to finally play 1 I download it onto the comp.This way I'm not taking up hundreds & hundreds of Gbs of space that I may never use but I DO have the games if I ever decide to actually play 1. If I play 1 & it sucks,I can delete it off the drive,but still have it in the library if I change my mind.

Comment

Yeah but Epic Game Store

CPU: AMD R5 1600 Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 PLUS GPU: EVGA 2070 Black RAM: 16GB Corsair (2x8GB) Storage 1: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB Storage 2: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White OS: Windows 10 Pro Montior 1: LG 32LD450 Monitor 2: Dell E207WFP VR: Valve Index Keyboard: Ducky One2 Midnight MX Blue Mouse: Steelseries Rival 310

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                          Yeah but Epic Game Store

lol, free is free....

Comment

i may end up with free Steam keys at one point can i post the keys in here so first come first serves.

Originally posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
                            I remember when games where like 6-10Gb...those were the days. Then again its all kind of relative. Back then broadband was still in its infancy....so it still took ages to download lol.
                            i remember when games were smaller than 2 Mb "Commodore 64."
                            Last edited by kibasnowpaw; 16-10-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kibasnowpaw View Post
                              i may end up with free Steam keys at one point can i post the keys in here so first come first serves.

i remember when games were smaller than 2 Mb "Commodore 64."
                              True, they were certainly smaller back then. I think the smallest game I remember playing was Lemmings at school on a floppy disk.

Sure feel free to post keys here. I will at somepoint create a freebies section as well for this kind of thing.

Welcome to EHW

Welcome to EHW
                              Site Guide & Features

Comment

Working...
                              X