Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Need X399 Board

@tictoc I know you have this board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASRock-X399D8A-2T-AMD-TR4-4094P-X399-DDR4-Max-128GB-PCIE-SATA-ATX-Repaired/164330934011?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649

Is it a good deal? I have offered a low ball 255$. I need 5 PCI-e slots for the 5 tesla GPU's that I will be putting under water. 

Power and internet have been out for the last few days, so I am just catching up.  Did you already grab this board?

I like the board and haven't had any issues with it.  You might have to disable some onboard peripherals to get the board to recognize GPUs in all the slots.

I have an X399 Taichi, but it is missing the VRM heatsink.  I pulled the VRM heatsink to run a waterblock on it, and somehow managed to knock it off my workbench, and then step on it, which pinched the heatpipe.  I tried to get a replacement from ASRock, but no luck with that.  

17 hours ago, tictoc said:

Power and internet have been out for the last few days, so I am just catching up.  Did you already grab this board?

I like the board and haven't had any issues with it.  You might have to disable some onboard peripherals to get the board to recognize GPUs in all the slots.

I have an X399 Taichi, but it is missing the VRM heatsink.  I pulled the VRM heatsink to run a waterblock on it, and somehow managed to knock it off my workbench, and then step on it, which pinched the heatpipe.  I tried to get a replacement from ASRock, but no luck with that.  

I did buy it, waiting on it to arrive from Ebay. Should have it in a few days. Would you be willing to part with the Taichi? I actually will end up needing 3 TR boards. 1 for the 5 Teslas on air (Have x399 Gigabyte w/ 2950x) That board and CPU will be going into my Caselabs TH10a with the 4 2080ti's when I finally get a new card, and then that will need a replacement. The server board will go with a 1900x and 5 additional Tesla's I am putting under water. 

Edited by Avacado