Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Overclocking AMD Opteron C32/G34

HeyItsChris

On 22/03/2022 at 22:45, pioneerisloud said:

Want to know what'll hurt your setup?  Heat.  You're never going to overvolt the snot out of it without proper BIOS adjustments, so voltage can be ruled out.  I don't see a volt mod being successful in this instance, since the

And to reflect on the above post, you could try reducing heat by:

1) Applying liquid metal as thermal paste

2) Undervolting the processor (if possible)

• Thanks 1

@Storm-ChaserThanks man.  I use Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 & I'm hitting about 40°C load on this Opteron CPU & configuration.  So don't really need LM for this cool-running setup.  Just wish I could lock it to x19 multiplier for 3.8Ghz in-game otherwise it runs 3.4Ghz in game mostly & sometimes under ultra-light single core loads will it hit 3.8Ghz.  

After I sell this C32 setup, I'll build a G34 AMD Opteron 6386 SE 16-Core top end chip code name Opteron 6300-series "Abu Dhabi" (32 nm).  That's what I'm looking forward to.

Edited by HeyItsChris

3 hours ago, HeyItsChris said:

@Storm-ChaserThanks man.  I use Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 & I'm hitting about 40°C load on this Opteron CPU & configuration.  So don't really need LM for this cool-running setup.  Just wish I could lock it to x19 multiplier for 3.8Ghz in-game otherwise it runs 3.4Ghz in game mostly & sometimes under ultra-light single core loads will it hit 3.8Ghz.  

After I sell this C32 setup, I'll build a G34 AMD Opteron 6386 SE 16-Core top end chip code name Opteron 6300-series "Abu Dhabi" (32 nm).  That's what I'm looking forward to.

You can try K10Stat to force the multiplier? Ever heard of that? I used it on some consumer chips related to bulldozer / piledriver IIRC but I honestly don't know if that would work with your hardware.

• Respect 1

Here's a couple videos showcasing the performance you get from the Supermicro H8SCM-F & AMD Opteron 4386 on 32 Gigabytes of DDR3-1600 & a DeLimited RX 480 4 Gigabyte card @ 1333Mhz.

As far as recording goes I recorded Call Of Duty WWII on DXTORY with TestAMFVFW which uses AMD VCE @ 23.97fps recorded fps, mind a -20fps reduction or so on average but otherwise it's quite accurate the displayed fps because of the movie cinema quality recorded fps of 23.97fps (I gained fps by recording @ 23.97fps btw).  Also Forza Motorsport 7 was Unbeatable difficulty recorded using XBOX Game DVR @ 10Mbps typical rate @ about 30fps recorded fps, mind a slight reduction in avg framerate on both videos.

• Thanks 1