Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Any members here using the Supercool 12th Gen Direct Die waterblock?

Any users here using the supercool direct die waterblock? I would like to hear your feedback and how the installation went, and how long it took to get into your hands from its country of origin.  Im taking on this project for my 12900KS as im hoping to lower its temps some as im running 5.5GHz all core @ 1.351v (1.297v loaded) and temps while running CB R23 approach 90/91c on a few cores using really highend water.  Im hoping this is the ticket to hopefully tame all cores to obtain atleast mid 80's.  My CPU is stable with cores in the 80s but as soon as 90s approach, I get a core that drops.  Anyone with any knowledge on this product please feel free to chime in!  Thank you

10 minutes ago, newls1 said:

Any users here using the supercool direct die waterblock? I would like to hear your feedback and how the installation went, and how long it took to get into your hands from its country of origin.  Im taking on this project for my 12900KS as im hoping to lower its temps some as im running 5.5GHz all core @ 1.351v (1.297v loaded) and temps while running CB R23 approach 90/91c on a few cores using really highend water.  Im hoping this is the ticket to hopefully tame all cores to obtain atleast mid 80's.  My CPU is stable with cores in the 80s but as soon as 90s approach, I get a core that drops.  Anyone with any knowledge on this product please feel free to chime in!  Thank you

There are 2 of us. @Mr. Fox has installed it and run testing and @iamjanco owns it, but hasn't powered on his new rig yet. @Bastiaan_NL and myself are running LM rockitcool delids w/ copper IHS reseats. 

You can find Mr. Fox's blurb about it here:

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 2

damn, looks like mr fox didnt have a positive result from using this waterblock, and now hope im making the right decision. Just hope i see atleast a temp drop... 10c would be amazing, and im crossing my fingers for it.  Im sure i wont take delivery of it for a few more weeks as its coming from WAYYYY ACROSS the big pond and still hasent shipped out yet.  Once I delid this KS and get knee deep into this project, ill update this thread for sure.  thanks again for all your help

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newls1 said:

damn, looks like mr fox didnt have a positive result from using this waterblock, and now hope im making the right decision. Just hope i see atleast a temp drop... 10c would be amazing, and im crossing my fingers for it.  Im sure i wont take delivery of it for a few more weeks as its coming from WAYYYY ACROSS the big pond and still hasent shipped out yet.  Once I delid this KS and get knee deep into this project, ill update this thread for sure.  thanks again for all your help

He was migrating from a rockitcool delid with copper IHS to direct die with that kit from supercool. Temps going from stock to the direct die will be substantial. 

55 minutes ago, newls1 said:

do you think going with one of these new to market "contact frames" might be worth it for this block?

For the price, yes. Only worth it if you do not plan on going direct die. I have 2 of the black Thermalright ones waiting to be installed. 

• Thanks 1

i will be going direct die, hence this supercool block is direct die. Im confused with your answer sir.  Are you saying a new frame mount in conjuction with this block would be a good coombo, or just stick with the stock ILM? I do want to say though, thank you for all your assistance so far.  This forum is very helpful and to the point.

Yes going from stock soldered IHS to running this bare die should be a substantial improvement as mentioned. I was disappointed that it did not bring the improvement I was hoping for to the same extent that the same product did for my 10900K. I am also constantly fussing with my hardware and never leave anything alone for more than a few weeks at a time. The way it's designed makes it kind of a hassle for someone that doesn't just put things together and leave it alone.

Your experience with it could be as  amazing as it was demonstrated to be  in Frame Chaser's video as well as Igor's Lab. We hope you post your results here and tell us your experience. We'd love to see and hear about that.

It took a long time to receive it. They didn't ship it for like 2 weeks and did not provide any status updates. No explanation was given for why there was a two-week lag between the day the order was placed and when it was shipped. If I had to guess there was probably no stock on hand and he was manufacturing them after orders were placed. I would have been fine with that had it been disclosed up front or immediately explained by email. I was kind of pissed off at the lack of attention to customer service though, to be honest. Maybe that's not important in their culture, but it damned sure is here, LOL.

I am currently running a Thermalright contact frame with a stock IHS that has been lapped with liquid metal applied on both sides of it.

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info

3 hours ago, newls1 said:

thank you for your reply and information provided. also sub'd to your youtube channel, watching vids now.  

Awesome. Thank you. I do not post a lot of content, but I hope you enjoy what I have.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Social Media Manager

I was thinking of buying it but just saw this

And many review report not receiving anything 😐

Screenshot_20220608-035733_Reddit.jpg

• Thanks 1

Owned

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info

i have the rockit cool tool and i also bought a practice G6900 celeron to delid before attempting it on my 12900KS and it was very straight forward.  I wouldnt ever send my cpu to anyone to have them touch it.  If my hands cant do it, then I wont bother with the project.  Ive learned to never rely on anyone but myself.  So with all that said, dont let the tool discourasge you from doing a delid. the tool works very well

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

14 hours ago, newls1 said:

a week has gone by and still havent heard a word about my product shipping yet, and its making me upset.  Ive sent 3 messages to this place and have heard nothing back

If you are referring to Supercool Computer, both I and @iamjancohad the same experience. I created a Facebook account, which is against my religion LOL, and messaged them there. I also sent emails and created an account with that weird messaging app they use and getting the response was like pulling teeth. To say that their customer service is horrible would be an understatement. But both of us received the product. It took almost a month.

4 hours ago, newls1 said:

i have the rockit cool tool and i also bought a practice G6900 celeron to delid before attempting it on my 12900KS and it was very straight forward.  I wouldnt ever send my cpu to anyone to have them touch it.  If my hands cant do it, then I wont bother with the project.  Ive learned to never rely on anyone but myself.  So with all that said, dont let the tool discourasge you from doing a delid. the tool works very well

It is very straightforward with the delid tool. I own and used every version of the delid tools they sell, including the one for X299 processors. They all work well. I did send them a 5950X for the delid service since they did not offer the tool for sale, only the service. I got back the same CPU I sent and the service was timely. They did not send back the stock IHS and I had to email them to ask them to send it back to me. They assumed I did not want it since they installed the copper IHS.

They have very poor customer service in terms of being unresponsive to emails, which makes people feel very uncomfortable. I've exchanged emails with the owner a number of times. He is friendly enough, but doesn't give a whole lot of attention to unread emails. It seems like this is a trend among people in the fabrication business because the people at OptimusPC behave exactly the same. They probably are extremely busy and need to hire someone whose only job is customer service and support. Probably cannot afford to pay a salary for someone dedicated to that. I totally get that. I think all three companies do this as a side hustle because they want to support enthusiasts, but it's not their full-time occupation. OptimusPC and RockitCool are both owned by people that run a much larger custom fabrication and machine work business.

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DWolvin said:

Silly question (and semi necro), is a Thermalright contact frame the “Bending Corrector Frame” or something different?

One in the same. It's also designated BCF. I have 2 of them, but the rockitcool copper IHS is too large to fit through. 

• Thanks 1