Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

MSI Unify X memory @ 7700+??

newls1
1 Attachment

Im wondering if anyone has a stabilized a mem speed of 7700 or greater on this board, and if so could you please share how?  Im at 7730 using my G.Skill 7600 ram @ 34/46/46/34 @ 1.45v and it took multi hard power cycles and multi long mem training sessions but finally stable with these settings.  Cant for the life of me get anything 7800 or greater.  Is this going to be a board limitation?  My ram and everything inside my pc is completely watercooled so temps arent an issue.  Thank you.

today OC.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried going single stick in each DIMM slot to test each slots max frequency? Most importantly is with your ChA. According to an MSI BIOS engineer, there is an internal issue MSI identified with the Z690 Unify-X (much like the APEX, just not as low frequency) that the ChA (DIMM1, closest to CPU) is much weaker than ChB. Some Unify-X users, like myself, are stuck with a board that has such a bad ChA, that I can't POST above 7400, and it's impossible to stabilize 7200. My ChB, on the other hand, POST'd up to 7800 with quick settings on a single A-Die stick.

I ultimately returned the A-Die kit and stuck with my M-Die. I'm stuck at 7000 unless I start yeeting CPU VDDQ TX to the moon (along with really strange combinations of DRAM VDDQ), and I just don't see the point in doing that for another 200Mhz.

I would say you are likely at the limitation of the board. 7800 on a ~$450 Z690 board is honestly extremely impressive, especially considering the Unify-X, in comparison to the KINGPIN and APEX, was so much cheaper.

Apparently MSI cooked up a Z790 Unify-X that corrected the weak ChA and had better signal integrity (for higher frequency) but due to the market they decided not to release it or put it into production. I wonder if enough people asked about it, if it would pop up.

Edited by acoustic
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

On 11/01/2023 at 19:51, acoustic said:

Have you tried going single stick in each DIMM slot to test each slots max frequency? Most importantly is with your ChA. According to an MSI BIOS engineer, there is an internal issue MSI identified with the Z690 Unify-X (much like the APEX, just not as low frequency) that the ChA (DIMM1, closest to CPU) is much weaker than ChB. Some Unify-X users, like myself, are stuck with a board that has such a bad ChA, that I can't POST above 7400, and it's impossible to stabilize 7200. My ChB, on the other hand, POST'd up to 7800 with quick settings on a single A-Die stick.

I ultimately returned the A-Die kit and stuck with my M-Die. I'm stuck at 7000 unless I start yeeting CPU VDDQ TX to the moon (along with really strange combinations of DRAM VDDQ), and I just don't see the point in doing that for another 200Mhz.

I would say you are likely at the limitation of the board. 7800 on a ~$450 Z690 board is honestly extremely impressive, especially considering the Unify-X, in comparison to the KINGPIN and APEX, was so much cheaper.

Apparently MSI cooked up a Z790 Unify-X that corrected the weak ChA and had better signal integrity (for higher frequency) but due to the market they decided not to release it or put it into production. I wonder if enough people asked about it, if it would pop up.

enterprise got me fixed back up at OCN!  

• Respect 1