Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

AMD Silently Launches The Radeon RX 6300 2GB

Another Crafter

WCCFTECH.COM

AMD seems to have silently introduced its Radeon RX 6300 Entry-Level RDNA 2 GPU which features a sub-50W TDP design for desktop PCs.

In terms of specifications, while the exact core count is not confirmed, it is very likely that the AMD Radeon RX 6300 boasts either 640 or 512 stream processors within 10 or 8 Compute Units. This is going to be lower than the core count of the upcoming Phoenix RDNA 3 iGPUs which offer 12 CUs and up to 768 cores.

This thing looks absolutely awful, and I want one.

Curious if it beats the 1630, I'd imagine it'd be pretty close if its not hitting the VRAM limit too hard, though not hitting a 2GB VRAM limit is a bit of an unfair limitation for testing.

Also wonder how big the market is for these basic display adapters at this point, considering you pretty much have to go out of your way to get a CPU without an iGPU nowadays. Still cheaper than getting a new CPU + motherboard, I guess? That and maybe HEDT + server CPUs.

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte x570s Aero G
RAM: 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600mhz [Rev. E]
GPU: MSI Nvidia RTX 3070ti Ventus
SSD/NVME: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
SSD/NVME 3: SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
CPU COOLER: EK Basic 360mm AIO
Full Rig Info

Owned