Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection

Hey guys, 

So some of you will know that I was/still am a massive fan of the MGS series. I was super stoked to hear that they are re-releasing the series on PC. I am really looking forward to re-living the stories and the nostalgia. 

Anyone else looking forward to this ? 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.91beeb650d9a5729c8d395a8ab56f676.jpg

https://www.konami.com/mg/mc/eu/en/  

I am hoping that Vol 2 will contain MGS 4.

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Forum Moderators
1.1k 500

I hope the re-releases go better than their website is made. I can't get passed the age verification thing. It says my cookies are disabled even though they're not, but okay.

I might give it a try, I've never properly played a MGS game before, but I did enjoy the Splinter Cell games. Seems like this is a good chance to.

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 5800X
GPU: RTX 2070
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 500GB 960 Evo
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB 860 Evo
SSD/NVME 3: 1TB 860 Evo
PSU: EVGA 650w Modular
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
Full Rig Info

I grew up with Nintendo but my brother had the Playstation.

I’ve never played Metal Gear Solid 2 (in full) but I do recall when it came out along side Gran Turismo 3 on PS2.

Both games offered a sense of realism that I didn’t think was possible from a video game.

I am intrigued to play them but I think I am more happy that others can collect or play these games again. The metal gear series is notorious for being difficult to access officially (digitally) from what I have heard.

As long as they run at 60fps without hitch and maintain the original art style and audio, I will jump in later on. They don’t need to be fantastic remasters. Just good enough where it’s not painful on PC.

Edited by Slaughtahouse

2 minutes ago, Slaughtahouse said:

I grew up with Nintendo but my brother had the Playstation.

I’ve never played Metal Gear Solid 2 (in full) but I do recall when it came out along side Gran Turismo 3 on PS2.

Both games offered a sense of realism that I didn’t think was possible from a video game.

I am intrigued to play them but I think I am more happy that others can collect or play these games again. The metal gear series is notorious for being difficult to access officially (digitally) from what I have heard.

As long as they run at 60fps without hitch and maintain the original art style and audio, I will jump in later on. They don’t need to be fantastic remasters. Just good enough where it’s not painful on PC.

The real issue was that they were difficult to get cross platform, and for PC only MGS 1 & 2 were released, 3 and 4 were locked in to console only. So anyone who had played them all, but since sold off their consoles were in touch luck land if they wanted to re-live the magic. That or go and buy a PS4 as they re-released the collection on there.

The fact they are coming to Steam is awesome.

• Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

On 28/05/2023 at 18:32, ENTERPRISE said:

Hey guys, 

So some of you will know that I was/still am a massive fan of the MGS series. I was super stoked to hear that they are re-releasing the series on PC. I am really looking forward to re-living the stories and the nostalgia. 

Anyone else looking forward to this ? 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.91beeb650d9a5729c8d395a8ab56f676.jpg

https://www.konami.com/mg/mc/eu/en/  

I am hoping that Vol 2 will contain MGS 4.

Wait, is it actually coming for PC? I've heard its for the latest platforms. I saw the MGS3 remake on Steam but nothing about the master collection. I'm kinda afraid about the MGS3 remake tho, keeping in mind that the same people who worked on Metal Gear Survive will work on that one too, idk how they managed to butcher such a nice and smooth engine like that.. hope they learned from their mistakes tho.

Edited by selfharmageddon

9 minutes ago, selfharmageddon said:

Wait, is it actually coming for PC? I've heard its for the latest platforms. I'm kinda afraid about the MGS3 remake tho, keeping in mind that the same people who worked on Metal Gear Survive will work on that one too, idk how they managed to butcher such a nice and smooth engine like that.. hope they learned from their mistakes tho.

Certainly is coming to PC, Steam is a mentioned platform. I am hoping that any remaking/tweaking they do stays loyal to the originals. I love remakes/ re-releases but my concern is always that they may deviate...fingers crossed they wont with the MGS series (1-4).

Welcome to EHW by the way 🙂

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

12 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Certainly is coming to PC, Steam is a mentioned platform. I am hoping that any remaking/tweaking they do stays loyal to the originals. I love remakes/ re-releases but my concern is always that they may deviate...fingers crossed they wont with the MGS series (1-4).

Welcome to EHW by the way 🙂

It is told that they gonna use even the same audio logs if not VA's but i hope it'll be more of a RE4 kind of remake and not TLOU. I don't want one of the most legendary ps2 games to be the biggest disappointment of 2024. Kojima put much love in that game and i hope they wont let us down with the remake. All i wanted is for the classics to be ported to PC and actually be playable. From what i've seen the master collection is already in PS store but like i said, nothing on Steam 😕 Hope die last at least. And thanks!

Edited by selfharmageddon

18 minutes ago, selfharmageddon said:

It is told that they gonna use even the same audio logs if not VA's but i hope it'll be more of a RE4 kind of remake and not TLOU. I don't want one of the most legendary ps2 games to be the biggest disappointment of 2024. Kojima put much love in that game and i hope they wont let us down with the remake. All i wanted is for the classics to be ported to PC and actually be playable. From what i've seen the master collection is already in PS store but like i said, nothing on Steam 😕 Hope die last at least. And thanks!

As far as I am concerned, I am happy for them to release the classics on PC and as long as it is a good port re-work I am happy. If they do a "remake" so long as they us all the original voice overs etc but simply update the graphics, again I will be happy.  I will not be happy if they do away with any original material as that will not be true to the originals. 

The master collection is still being worked on, so will have to wait and see what they come up with. I am excited to see and hopefully enjoy a play through the originals again 🙂 

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Any modifications in the remake that don’t simply just bring up the gameplay to modern standards, basically the 3Cs will be contentious.

Since the whole MG5 (Kojima vs. Konami) debacle, I doubt those loyal to Kojima will want to see a RE4 Remake level modifications (Tone, level design, gameplay) from anyone but Kojima.

Any MG is tricky to remake IMO without Kojima but I wish Konami the best of luck.

I’m simply interested in the volume 1 collection and I bet many others will be satisfied with that if truthful to the originals IF the Remake of 3 goes to ****.

2 hours ago, Slaughtahouse said:

Any modifications in the remake that don’t simply just bring up the gameplay to modern standards, basically the 3Cs will be contentious.

Since the whole MG5 (Kojima vs. Konami) debacle, I doubt those loyal to Kojima will want to see a RE4 Remake level modifications (Tone, level design, gameplay) from anyone but Kojima.

Any MG is tricky to remake IMO without Kojima but I wish Konami the best of luck.

I’m simply interested in the volume 1 collection and I bet many others will be satisfied with that if truthful to the originals IF the Remake of 3 goes to ****.

From what i've heard, the MGS3 remake will be made by the very same people that made Metal Gear Survive. Let's not forget that the engine of Survive is the same they've used for MGSV and it still went to *. I don't have any hopes about the remake if i have to be honest but i want to see the master collection on pc. Nothing else. But from what i'm seeing, maybe they wont try to port it at all. It should've been added on Steam along with MGS3 remake by now. They've been added to PS and Xbox store as an "wishlist" option but nothing on PC so far. Anyways, they gonna release them this autumn so we have like 2 months +/-, if we don't see them by the end of August in Steam we gotta emulate them once again i guess.

1 hour ago, selfharmageddon said:

From what i've heard, the MGS3 remake will be made by the very same people that made Metal Gear Survive. Let's not forget that the engine of Survive is the same they've used for MGSV and it still went to *. I don't have any hopes about the remake if i have to be honest but i want to see the master collection on pc. Nothing else. But from what i'm seeing, maybe they wont try to port it at all. It should've been added on Steam along with MGS3 remake by now. They've been added to PS and Xbox store as an "wishlist" option but nothing on PC so far. Anyways, they gonna release them this autumn so we have like 2 months +/-, if we don't see them by the end of August in Steam we gotta emulate them once again i guess.

Were there past Konami collections released on Steam? Sorry, I’m just connecting the dots now. I thought the collection (Volume 1) and the Remake was a shoe in for a Steam release for PC.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. It’s not a Epic Games exclusive and Konami does not have their own PC retail platform to my knowledge.*

Edited by Slaughtahouse

I have just seen a post on Facebook confirming the original voice (David Hayter) will be used for the MGS3 Remake, so that is good news.

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 3 weeks later...

Stoked that the Master Collection is also coming with the original Metal Gear games and it looks like MGS4 will also be making its way over 🙂

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Forum Moderators
1.1k 500

Trailer:

• Respect 2

Owned

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info