Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Issue - Xbox Series X - Network Slowdown

Slaughtahouse

Edit: Escalated with our ISP directly.  🙂 I'll share a brief summary if / when it gets resolved. 

Edit 2: ISP seems to have resolved it. 

Over the past few days Ive tried various tips recommended by Microsoft including but not limited to: Port Forwarding, DMZ mode, static IP, various resets etc.

However, approximately 5 days after contacting the ISP, download speeds seem to have been resolved.

No visibility or response from the ISP but going from 30Mbps to 800-900Mbps is well… night and day.

What had originally happened: Download speeds were throttled to 20-30Mbps and Xbox whilst connected to the network would crash the modem and throttle the network for all devices. Modem would always crash and then return to normal (excluding the Xbox).

Resolved? TBD but working as intended now.

Edited by Slaughtahouse

9 hours ago, iamjanco said:

See this:

Not sure you read through that one yet.

Yes 🙂 I linked it at the bottom of the OP. I will try to contact the ISP today. There sees to be conflicting info where the OP there still has an issue (to my knowledge) whilst another user successfully resolved it by replacing their modem / router (HH 3000). 

Update: Contacted ISP, they will send a new modem. I’ll follow up if issue still persists.

Edited by Slaughtahouse
  • Respect 1
  • Great Idea 1