Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Learning Python - Py4e.com. A shameless non-affiliated promotion of learning done right.

Kaz

After 2 failed attempts to learn programing, I have finally found a learning platform that I like and am taking the plunge.

I wanted to take a minute and hype "Py4e.com".   Charles R Severance is a professor who put this program together because he believes everyone should learn to program, not just career programmers.  The ability to tell a computer to do exactly what you want it to is such a useful skill.  It's a free, no cost course, that I am incredibly impressed with.  His course includes lectures, reading material, exercises (writing actual programs), and quizzes.  He also works through the assignments, which I have found interesting as he has suggestions that I didn't think of when solving them.  He even has a sense of humor!  I have paid money for college courses that are not as good as this. 

Py4E sure trumps my trade school attempt where they handed me a text book and told me to read, for 4 hours, every day.  I didn't write one program or learn any specific language, just the concepts of programming.  Yeah, I didn't finish that course...  I also tried learning Python on Alison.com 3 years ago and was bored to tears by the end of the first chapter.  I did 2 chapters and told myself I would do more the next day, I never returned.  Professor Severance's course is the first one that actually feels fun, and the only course that has me writing programs.

If only I'd found this 10 years ago. 

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1
  • Great Idea 2