Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Nvidia RTX 3xxx series launch screws the pooch....

schuck6566
2 Attachments

Well, With the launch of the Nvidia RTX 3xxx series the company has shown they can really screw the pooch,or @ least the loyal customers who are there to purchase on day 1!  With the launch of the RTX 3080,Nvidia's own web site started showing the RTX 3080 as out of stock moments after the GPU first went on sale, and some buyers reported that despite their efforts to constantly refresh the page, they never saw the option to actually buy a card.

Then,fast forward,Nvidia launched its monster RTX 3090 GPU on Thursday, September 24, but anyone hoping that this launch would go smoother than the RTX 3080's launch a week earlier, where stock was almost impossible to get hold of would have been disappointed.

Once again, Nvidia’s latest card went out of stock almost as soon as it went on sale, while websites struggled to cope with demand. This left many prospective buyers annoyed and disappointed, with many complaining that they had got to the checkout of a website with an RTX 3090 in their cart, only for the GPU to be removed and being told it was now out of stock.

And then, to add the icing to the cake... "Nvidia Webpage Found Leaking Customer Email Addresses to Randos"  It appears Nvidia’s website accidentally leaked some customer email addresses to anyone visiting the order status page.   https://www.pcmag.com/news/nvidia-webpage-found-leaking-customer-email-addresses-to-randos?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1t4fhtQCOt_FpE6Olbfol43QZw6HPcL8gMrIqTAYwo-Y-9U1-dZNwTDsE

SERIOUSLY NVIDIA????? Could consumers @ least get a complementary package of vaseline when they visit your site??

Yes, it has been a poor show. I was never going to buy at launch since the last time the RTX 2000 Series had some technical issues, so luckily I avoided the bot disappointment altogether. I mean happening the first time when the 3080's launched was a shame and should not have happened in the first place...but then not learning from that mistake for a launch a week later is nuts. However looking at it from a company point of view, there is little motivation to stop bot sales because at the end of the day Mr Green is taking lots of green. For legitimate fans, they should take some care BUT we all know money is king and they always go for the money before protecting loyal customers and this is not just a downfall of Nvidia lets face it.

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

Yes, it has been a poor show. I was never going to buy at launch since the last time the RTX 2000 Series had some technical issues, so luckily I avoided the bot disappointment altogether. I mean happening the first time when the 3080's launched was a shame and should not have happened in the first place...but then not learning from that mistake for a launch a week later is nuts. However looking at it from a company point of view, there is little motivation to stop bot sales because at the end of the day Mr Green is taking lots of green. For legitimate fans, they should take some care BUT we all know money is king and they always go for the money before protecting loyal customers and this is not just a downfall of Nvidia lets face it.

True, but what REALLY got me,was the website throwing out random email addresses to random people ck'n the order status. Who knows how many people had their address thrown out there? Will there be a class action against Nvidia for not keeping their customers info secure? Has anyone even been NOTIFIED by Nvidia yet that their email accounts were thrown into the wild? Some people had partial CC info exposed along with the email address.  FOUR days after the launch of the 3080, here's what Nvidia had to say.I couldn't find anything later that would address the data leak. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-3080-qa/

Notice they just make excuses and then had the same issue in the 3090 launch? ?damn,can't remove the "spoiler" thing I accidentally put in.Maybe I should work for Nvidia?? lol

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by schuck6566

The fact they leaked out that information is a GDPR issue at the very least and there will need to be an investigation into how that one happened. Nvidia like any company, business or sole trader need to be transparent about these things as soon as the issue arrises or confirmed.

A. So you can keep your consumers informed should they need to take action to further protect their privacy etc

B. Good faith. If you want to be a good guy...then be a good guy and be upfront.

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info