Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[EHW Experiments] Coffee Lake on Z170 from scratch [Ft. Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Pro]

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven View Post
    Likely it would. I almost got one of those on ebay, but lost the auction last week.

my next project board is an ASUS Maximus VIII Formula.

If you're willing to try, get the CPU you want and I can walk you through it.

Thanks ! I am definitely going to try this...question is whether I go for a 8700K or 9900K - once the 10900k / LGA 1200 series is available for consumers, I expect current gen 9900K to drop in price, and that's when I'm going to move ahead with this. Luumi has been able to get a 9900K working on Z170 ASRock, but the process should be similar. Biggest hurdle is getting the right Gigabyte Bios update, and any help is appreciated then

Collapse

Comment

Originally posted by J7SC_Orion View Post

Thanks ! I am definitely going to try this...question is whether I go for a 8700K or 9900K - once the 10900k / LGA 1200 series is available for consumers, I expect current gen 9900K to drop in price, and that's when I'm going to move ahead with this. Luumi has been able to get a 9900K working on Z170 ASRock, but the process should be similar. Biggest hurdle is getting the right Gigabyte Bios update, and any help is appreciated then

It's theoretically the exact same process I did. When you're flashing you have the option to inject the microcodes for three or four different batches of CPU, just choose the 9900k instead of 8700k
      Collapse

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post

It's theoretically the exact same process I did. When you're flashing you have the option to inject the microcodes for three or four different batches of CPU, just choose the 9900k instead of 8700k
        Cool ! Thanks again.
        Collapse

Comment

Originally posted by J7SC_Orion View Post

Cool ! Thanks again.
          no problem!
          Collapse

Comment

Working...
          X