Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

40+cm x16 PCI-e 4.0 Riders Needed and Desk GPU Rack for 2 GPU's

BWG
1 Attachment

31 minutes ago, BWG said:

How many PSI should I hit it with when I get it back together? 

Hey, I'm going to have Spotswood build me a GPU bench custom instead of getting one of those things. Did you ever see his work? He used to give away benches in the FAT's on OCN.

I usually shoot for 0.75 Bar or 10 PSI.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:20 PM, Avacado said:

I usually shoot for 0.758423302 Bar or 11 PSI.

:classic_rolleyes: :classic_tongue:

Edited by Bastiaan_NL
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff

Once I set the screws, sand, and paint it, this homemade one isn't bad at all. Hopefully, @Spotswoodwill whip something up way better here soon. Rick, I just wanted to get these fired back up tomorrow.

20210426_211755.jpg

20210426_211927.jpg

Edited by BWG
  • Thanks 3

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

On 4/23/2021 at 11:36 PM, Avacado said:

Geez, really, rounding? Rounding is for babies. LOL

I totally missed this reply, otherwise I would have lectured you about the importance of being accurate :classic_rolleyes:

8 hours ago, BWG said:

Once I set the screws, sand, and paint it, this homemade one isn't bad at all. Hopefully, @Spotswoodwill whip something up way better here soon. Rick, I just wanted to get these fired back up tomorrow.

I kinda like it! 
One thing, is there a way for the PSU to draw air from the bottom?

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
3 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

I totally missed this reply, otherwise I would have lectured you about the importance of being accurate :classic_rolleyes:

I kinda like it! 
One thing, is there a way for the PSU to draw air from the bottom?

Yeah, I have some rubber feet to put on the bottom. Should be enough of a gap to let it pull what it needs. I did the sanding and some painting last night.  I'm trying to decide on if I want to get out of bed now or later lol.

Owned

Full Rig Info

16 minutes ago, BWG said:

Yeah, I have some rubber feet to put on the bottom. Should be enough of a gap to let it pull what it needs. I did the sanding and some painting last night.  I'm trying to decide on if I want to get out of bed now or later lol.

Later, totally, later. 

Folding@Home Staff

Now! Let's finish this up before work.

20210427_075219.jpg

20210427_075210.jpg

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff

Little update, I had this all working last night, but I was just about out of mx-4. I thought it would be enough, but it was not. Temps were fairly high. I had it up and running though, and no leaks. Re-did the TIM this morning using kryonaut. Hooked it all back up. Blocks leaked. Got fed up with trying to tie it into my loop, so I ordered everything I need to make an independent loop. The 3080 distribution block has wider inlet/outlet holes. It was also a very short tube run. It was pulling up on the distribution block/fittings. Also outward since 3080's was wider. Better to do an independent loop anyways. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

4 minutes ago, BWG said:

Little update, I had this all working last night, but I was just about out of mx-4. I thought it would be enough, but it was not. Temps were fairly high. I had it up and running though, and no leaks. Re-did the TIM this morning using kryonaut. Hooked it all back up. Blocks leaked. Got fed up with trying to tie it into my loop, so I ordered everything I need to make an independent loop. The 3080 distribution block has wider inlet/outlet holes. It was also a very short tube run. It was pulling up on the distribution block/fittings. Also outward since 3080's was wider. Better to do an independent loop anyways. 

Yea, Same thing happened to me, the waterbridges are weak and tend to leak easy, I was worried about that for you. Glad you got the solution coming. 

• Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1 hour ago, Avacado said:

Yea, Same thing happened to me, the waterbridges are weak and tend to leak easy, I was worried about that for you. Glad you got the solution coming. 

Well, the plexi cracked again. Before I tied it into the loop last night, I sealed it up, pushed 10 PSI, held. Tied it in, fine. Took apart, tim, did not blow test this time, leaked. Took it out this morning, blow test, plexi on gpu block was cracked again in the center screw and air was coming out. Ordered 2 new plexi tops from ek for 40 eur + 17 euro shipping. So, 3rd time's a charm?

Also, bought another mcp 655 rev. b, 10 new monsoon compression fittings, 4 45 rotary, 2 90 rotary, tubing, and I have a res/rad/fans. 

This will make the PCI-e plugs the only attachment to the PC, so I can close the door and easily remove as needed. Just gotta work on attaching all of these things to the bench/tray I built. 

Edit: Even had it all up and mining all night, but temps were 55/65 on the ti's, then 3rd was the 3080 at 36C, so that TIM was just too thin and not transferring the heat. All else was cool. (Wanted to fold, but too hot)

Edited by BWG

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff

Bench expansion almost complete. Got fittings coming tomorrow, plexi tops on Monday, and the Fan Controller Sunday.

Very short run from rad to res and res to pump. Love that! Temp sensor on gpu inlet will feed into the fan controller. Fan Controller flush mount on front below GPU's. This isn't terrible at all!

$15 on dowel rods and screws and $3 on paint.

20210505_112525.jpg

20210505_111744.jpg

20210505_111847.jpg

Edited by BWG
  • Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff

Back on topic, have a little issue to report that I'm not real sure about just yet, but the risers I linked and bought worked great on my 2 1080tis, but I could not get them to work with my 3070 properly. I could boot, but when the driver would activate, Window's would unload it and flag it as not starting properly, black screen if it was the only GPU. I tried 3 riser extensions, another PSU, various slots, various drivers, and only GPU, but same result. Broke down the loop, put it into slot 2 directly, works. Bulky air cooler covers slot 3 now. I have 1 x1 left uncovered I will use for a ti.

Since I have the 3080 in slot 1 and no longer vertical, I'm going to do more troubleshooting. I have a tt riser I was using with the 3080 that I can try.

Edit: TT Riser Extension works. Going to try the new one again. and no, these will not work with RTX 3xxx.  Runs my 1080ti fine though.

Edited by BWG

Owned

Full Rig Info

That's weird, why would those risers not work with a 30xx card? 

At least it's a good thing you know what the issue is. 

Owned

Full Rig Info