Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

RockIt Cool for ryzen 9 5900x

2 hours ago, Joe__Bishop said:

Good day all,

So I came across yesterday RockIt Cool.

They offer delid and relid cpu with changing Tim. I asked them to do liquid metal and use their custom custom ihs.

Anyone used them before or had experience in the past?

I have delidded with a rockit cool kit on 2 intel 9 series chips. Their product was sound, but I would save the money and do it yourself, it is very satisfying. I can help if you wish. 

1 hour ago, Avacado said:

I have delidded with a rockit cool kit on 2 intel 9 series chips. Their product was sound, but I would save the money and do it yourself, it is very satisfying. I can help if you wish. 

Deliding by itself is normal. I was wondering as well with regard to their copper ihs. I actually wanted to try to delid myself. But I don't have actual equipment  yet on hand. And that copper plate does look really interesting for extra couple of degrees

2 hours ago, Joe__Bishop said:

Deliding by itself is normal. I was wondering as well with regard to their copper ihs. I actually wanted to try to delid myself. But I don't have actual equipment  yet on hand. And that copper plate does look really interesting for extra couple of degrees

I understand, though if you delid, might as well run direct die. 

On 13/06/2021 at 00:09, Joe__Bishop said:

Is there a direct die transfer kit for am4?

I couldn't find anything in Google search in pictures only intel kits.

And I am not sure how even 5900x is, hence I don't want to Crack it by accident when I'll put a block on it.

That is of course always the risk. I think you can find a few video's on 9 series chips being delidded.