Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Windows 11 Causes PUBG Accounts to Ban CoD, Many Gamers Complain

WWW.LIVIK.NET

Recently, Microsoft has announced the presence of the Windows 11 operating system. However, for now its users will still use the...

Some may have been from forced installs,but it just shows that there's gonna be issues until everybody's in line with this.  

I ran across this set of comics I felt was perfect for every windows upgrade since 98SE. ROTFL

Inked215485195_10159399311144168_5045033262442224686_n_LI.jpg

211389289_10159399311259168_7146154486535361736_n.jpg

210187310_10159399311329168_1060829000430836969_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

Forum Moderators
1.1k 501

Why are people playing online games in a beta OS?

Owned

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 5800X
GPU: RTX 2070
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 500GB 960 Evo
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB 860 Evo
SSD/NVME 3: 1TB 860 Evo
PSU: EVGA 650w Modular
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
Full Rig Info

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Why are people playing online games in a beta OS?

Because they hope the new OS will have performance increases?

6 hours ago, Odyn said:

Isn't that the point of Beta? To work out the kinks?

usually,and PUBG recognized that,but activision is being kinda 'We don't KNOW it was BE not recognizing the new OS configuration..." 🙄

25 minutes ago, GanjaSMK said:

Now this is interesting reading!

EDIT*

For some reason, I thought there was some magic in Win11 that banned cheaters.  Boy am I out of it.

lol, No, that's the gaming companies running software to detect cheats already if you wanna play the game. Kinda like Sony with the DRM software..... 😉

• Thanks 1

PUBG uses ring 0 anti-cheat, I suspect that's why it bans people running on an unsupported OS. I would assume the other games also use ring 0.

As for windows 11 itself, I don't see any reason to be excited about it. Usually a new version of windows has more to differentiate itself from the last version but win11 just seems like it's intended to run better on ARM, which is just not something I really care about...

Unless they release windows 11 on phones. They haven't talked about this yet to my knowledge, but that seems like the route they should want to go in especially if it can really run android apps successfully. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, UltraMega said:

PUBG uses ring 0 anti-cheat, I suspect that's why it bans people running on an unsupported OS. I would assume the other games also use ring O. 

As for windows 11 itself, I don't see any reason to be excited about it. Usually a new version of windows has more to differentiate itself from the last version but win11 just seems like it's intended to run better on ARM, which is just not something I really care about...

Unless they release windows 11 on phones. They haven't talked about this yet to my knowledge, but that seems like the route they should want to go in especially if it can really run android apps successfully. 

Also BattlEye, Microsoft seems to have had a problem updating some insiders builds that were running with it installed according to this article.

KNOWTECHIE.COM

If you love playing online games like Call of Duty, you might want to wait until the official version of Windows 11 is out to upgrade.