Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7 Information and Discussion Thread

Andrew

On 27/09/2021 at 16:01, UltraMega said:

Sony has been more open about their games coming to PC. Maybe it will happen. 

Consoles aren't my jam anymore. Here's to hoping!

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 3900XT
Full Rig Info

What's putting me off buying a console now, is if I do I'd want the PS5. The PS5 is sold out literally everywhere except ebay where used ones are selling for 50-200% over MSRP, so I won't do it. I just really hope those leaks were true and it does come to PC.

I'd be okay buying a console just for GT7, I've done so in the past, but the prices right now are just a joke.

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 5800X
GPU: RTX 2070
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 500GB 960 Evo
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB 860 Evo
SSD/NVME 3: 1TB 860 Evo
PSU: EVGA 650w Modular
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
Full Rig Info

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

What's putting me off buying a console now, is if I do I'd want the PS5. The PS5 is sold out literally everywhere except ebay where used ones are selling for 50-200% over MSRP, so I won't do it. I just really hope those leaks were true and it does come to PC.

I'd be okay buying a console just for GT7, I've done so in the past, but the prices right now are just a joke.

When I was a bit younger I bought the GT2 (or 3? Cant remember) PlayStation bundle. Hard to imagine doing that today though.

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 3900XT
Full Rig Info

19 hours ago, SamsTechStuff said:

When I was a bit younger I bought the GT2 (or 3? Cant remember) PlayStation bundle. Hard to imagine doing that today though.

That's how I bought my PS1, PS2 and PS3.

• Respect 1

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: Asus X670E Hero (pls EVGA make an AMD mobo)
RAM: G.Skill 64GB @ 6000Mhz
GPU: RTX 4090 Strix OC
SSD/NVME: 2x SN850X 4TB | 1x 970 Pro 0.5TB
MONITOR: Something OLED, 120hz and 42-48"
WC RADIATOR: MO-RA3 420 | HeatKiller 360S
WC CPU BLOCK: Heatkiller IV Pro
Full Rig Info

Owned

AUDIO: Topping DX7 Pro
AUDIO 2: Sennheiser HD800S
AUDIO 3: Sennheiser HD650
AUDIO 4: Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
AUDIO 5: Edifier RT1700BT
AUDIO 6: Custom XLR balanced cables
Full Rig Info

CA$40000

Owned

CPU: F22C | 257hp 251nm
CPU COOLER: K&N FIPK Intake | AEM filter
GPU: Yokohama AD08R 255/40r17
CPU COOLER 2: Titan 7 R-10s 17x9.5+51
AUDIO: Alpine UTE73BT + Modifry DCI
MOTHERBOARD: Öhlins Road & Track DFV Coilovers
OPERATING SYSTEM: Hondata
CASE: Recaro Pole Position
Full Rig Info

• 4 weeks later...
Forum Moderators
1.1k 495

It's finally out and it does look very good. I can't say for certain because I've not actually played it yet. I was going to wait to get a PS5 then the game, but that looks like it's going to be impossible to do. Apparently Sony is only sending new stock to retailers once every 6 months and they all sell out immediately to bots and end up on ebay for 2x retail price. I just ended up buying a PS4 Pro and a copy for the PS4, I should get them on Tuesday. The Amazon delivery does say it's been dispatched and I should get them tomorrow so 🤷 

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

Forum Moderators
1.1k 495

I've just learned how to use the photomode in this. It's incredible, this is from the PS4 Pro version so no ray tracing. The developers used witchcraft to make it look this good. It even has a built in Instagram filters.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/444867655263059968/950933625577283644/unknown.png

5a03135fa530bfa20dffbff5e71b0109_photo.jpg

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

What a mess update 1.07/8 was.

Update 1.07 completely broke their servers and as for some bizarre reason, GT7 is online only. Including the single player parts of the game. Because of this, people were only able to play 36 hours. Once the game finally came back with update 1.08, they had nerfed the payouts and to make this worse, the same day they added an Cr. 18,500,000 car in the legendary dealer, then a Cr. 18,000,000 car the next day. Because of this, user reviews on websites like Metacritic are getting hammered. It went from a 8.5 rating all the way down to 1.7 overnight and it's currently at 1.2 last I checked. Thankfully, they are fixing this in the next update with payouts for races being increased 100% as well as making the used car dealer list much bigger than it is now.

As far as the online only goes, I don't think they're going to remove that and I don't see why not tbh. I sort of understand why they're doing this. In GT5 and GT6, you would cheat using a save game editor to give yourself an edge over other people in online races and as GT Sport and GT7 have FIA sanctioned eSports races, them storing save games on their servers makes sense. It makes it significantly harder to cheat in those races. However, because of this, you're now relying on computers owned by two different companies to work correctly in order to progress single player. I don't see why they can't just do checksums on the cars if you're trying to race online. That way it's still significantly harder to cheat, and you don't have to rely on computers owned by two different companies to work.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

• 3 weeks later...
Forum Moderators
1.1k 495

Update 1.11 was pretty big, it fixed basically everything wrong. Payouts are good again, plus there's a few more races with huge payouts. 1.11 did unfortunately break the SRT Tomahawk X. With the right tuning, you can bring it down from 1400 performance points to below 600. By doing so, you can get a car that is significantly quicker than a modern F1 car while having the same performance points as a road sports car such as the 2017 GTR or Porsche 911 GT3 RS. The reason why this is a problem is because allegedly (I don't have PS Plus nor do I intend on getting it) this car is absolutely destroying Online so it's going to get patched soon.

In the meantime however, you can use it to do the new Tokyo Expressway race. 1st place (which is incredibly easy to get with the Tomahawk X with that tune) pays 550,000 base and takes about 17 minutes to complete. With the 50% clean race bonus, as of right now it's paying about 2.7-2.8M/hour. Might as well make the most of it. Especially since 1.11 broke the car invitations, so everyone is going to get all of the invitations pretty soon. You're going to need about 15M to buy all of the invite only cars.

Circuit experiences are worth doing now as well. For a vast majority of them, they only take about 15-20 minutes to complete. Getting all gold on most of them gives you 1M + 200K. Getting gold on all of the circuit experiences now pays about 47M which goes along nicely with the new max credits cap. It was raised from 20M to 100M.

I have also learned how to take 4K screenshots that aren't compressed to heck, so that's good I suppose. I don't know why Sony are making this so difficult to do and why they don't save as PNGs by default. Here's my first 4K screenshots:

Edited by Andrew

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned