Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

New tenkeyless board

98uk

Hi,

I currently use a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blues. I do really like it, but I primarily use my computer for FPS gaming and the odd bit of typing here and there (mainly forums and emails etc...).

But, I find my Majestouch 2 with numpad takes up more space than i'd like, especially when playing FPS games. I am looking for something that would be a good tenkeyless board, whilst being an allrounder (for gaming/typing). I'm not fussy on RGB.

I have had a look at a few boards:

1. Logitech G Pro = Uses a blue style switch? Not sure if this is really that good for FPS gaming?
  2. Corsair K65 Lux = uses Cherry Reds. I'm not familiar with these switches and how they feel? Looks like a solid board?
  3. Corsair K65 RapidFire = Seems to be good for gaming, but probably not enjoyable to type on.
  4. Filco Majestouch 2 TenKeyless = Seems like a solid option. Available with either silent-reds, brown or blue. Silent red good for gaming, might be better as have kids on the way and prefer not to wake them!

I guess there are a number of perhaps smaller keyboard manufacturers that may fit the bill here. I am not aware of a lot of them, so i'd like some advice.

One key important feature: Board must be available in UK layout. Need muh double height enter key.

Edited by 98uk

Heard some great things about the Filco Majestouch 2 TenKeyless, been looking at reviews as I have been interested in replacing my keyboard as im still using my Ducky which is nice but super loud lol.

Did you have a maximum budget ?

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

Heard some great things about the Filco Majestouch 2 TenKeyless, been looking at reviews as I have been interested in replacing my keyboard as im still using my Ducky which is nice but super loud lol.

Did you have a maximum budget ?

Yeah, I spoke to some friends and may seem to recommend it paired with browns for all rounder duty!

I ideally don't want to exceed £120. I'd be selling my current board to help offset. I am contemplating to drive down to The Keyboard Co tomorrow.

Edited by 98uk

My daily driver is a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL w/ Browns and Double Shot PBT caps.

I also have a Max Keyboard Blackbird with Browns and a Cooler Master Quick Fire TK with Browns and white backlight that I use at work.

Of the three the Filco is the nicest to type on, but I do like the hybrid layout of the Quick Fire TK. Previously I had a full size Filco, and it was a great board for many years. I only retired it to save a little space, and I have a separate numpad that I use when necessary. The Blackbird is a fine board, but the blue back light drove me nuts.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice. So I went down to KeyBoard Co's shop here in the UK and I picked up the following after testing out the switches.

It's a Filco Majestouch Ninja with Silent Red switches. I actually really enjoyed them and it was nice not having them make a huge amount of noise. I felt even the browns were loud!!!

GHTOFmu.jpg?1

Thanks for the advice. So I went down to KeyBoard Co's shop here in the UK and I picked up the following after testing out the switches.

It's a Filco Majestouch Ninja with Silent Red switches. I actually really enjoyed them and it was nice not having them make a huge amount of noise. I felt even the browns were loud!!!

GHTOFmu.jpg?1

Looks like a nice choice, out of interest how much was it ? I did not even realise that we had that store (Keyboard Co) will have to give it a looksie. If I do go for a new one I would like to have a backlit setup again.

Oh and don't forget to post your new kit in the Mechanical Keyboard Club:https://extremehw.net/forum/components-peripherals/keyboard-mice/1039-the-mechanical-keyboards-club

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Was £125. A little steep, but I prefer build quality over RGB. I always have my room lights on anyway.

Keyboard Co are good people, very friendly. Worth checking out if you're Gloucester/Stroud way.

A little steep but build quality is worth paying for, nothing worse than a rickety keyboard. RGB is nothing I want, but the option for standard backlit would be good. Will checkout the company, will see if they deliver lol

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Was £125. A little steep, but I prefer build quality over RGB. I always have my room lights on anyway.

Keyboard Co are good people, very friendly. Worth checking out if you're Gloucester/Stroud way.

A little steep but build quality is worth paying for, nothing worse than a rickety keyboard. RGB is nothing I want, but the option for standard backlit would be good. Will checkout the company, will see if they deliver lol

They do free 48 hour shipping ��

• Thanks 1

They do free 48 hour shipping ��

Nice ! Just been looking at their site, not a bad selection...may have to wait till after Xmas though !

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

Full Rig Info