Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Please add the date a video was made in the video section

Kaz

The blanket https://extremehw.net/ site has a video section, could we please list the date recorded (or at least posted) with each video?  This would help me figure out how recent/relative the information is and if I'm interested.  A lot of sites like to recommend year(s) old content and I'm pretty well trained to ignore site recommendations...  If I were able to quickly identify what is recent, I'd be more inclined to engage with that content. 

A couple days ago  I had podcast 1, podcast 32, and podcast 60+ or something like that....   Without a date, and sometimes even a subject title, this category quickly becomes useless.  Today is a bit more cohesive, so if you're already improving it; Thanks!    All the videos seem to be  somewhat recently recorded, and list a subject, which is a big improvement.

It feels odd that there is a Video tag, but there's no link or category to follow up with it.  It's just a title.  Other titles such as AMD or Intel have clickable links, even if that link doesn't serve much purpose (Humanity Projects has a clickable title/link, the following page shows only Folding@Home), which was easily visible on the previous page, making the clickable link/title redundant. 

It seems the videos are pulled from various parts of the forum, so a video subsection doesn't make sense, but an index that leads to those threads/topics does. 

• Respect 1

I haven't posted a video, but it LOOKS like the videos section is posted separately from the threads?  As in, I don't BELIEVE the videos are just pulled from threads, but instead users are uploading them to that section.  I think.  Again, could be wrong as I haven't used them other than watching, like you have.

With that said, there IS a date stamp if you click on the video title.  Not as easy as seeing it on the homepage though, definitely agree.

526060075_Screenshot2023-02-07125659.thumb.jpg.f665b0114a466cc98ab3dfe8938ea8a3.jpg

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

Looks like you are right!  Videos aren't tagged, just listed in various sub-catagories.

I found the missing video's page:  Should be linked to the video title.

https://extremehw.net/video/

I'm aware I can follow the links to see the date.  I did that the first day when it was all various podcasts, then decided I was wasting my time and quit. 

• Thanks 1