Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Forza Motorsport 8 is a disaster on PC

UltraMega

The source article is about how people suspect Microsoft is deleting negative reviews for the game on the Xbox Store/app. True or not, I think the larger issue for Xbox is that this is yet another first party game they have released in a completely failed state. 

Xbox is deleting negative Forza Motorsport reviews claim players

It’s also very easy to find negative reviews for the game and a quick scout suggests that the PC release is to blame. Several players cite its poor optimization, graphical bugs, and crashes.

‘The game cost more than any game I bought before and quite frankly, not worth £10 at time of release.’

‘This has to be the worst Forza launch to date, I thought it couldn’t get any worse than Forza Horizon 5 but it has.’

Xbox is deleting negative Forza Motorsport reviews claim players (msn.com)

I'm not a big fan of Forza, but I tried this one. What this article doesn't mention is that the vast majority of the negative reviews are not talking about gameplay, they're talking about crashes. The game crashes constantly. In my experience, it crashed after almost every race. I even tried messing with some settings to see if it made any difference, and nothing helped. As of now, the PC version has a 1.8 out of 5 on the Xbox app PC version. 

As for the reviews, I think what might actually be happening is Microsoft is separating the PC reviews from the console reviews since the game is in a much better state on Xbox consoles. 

It's both surprising and not surprising at this point. Surprising that Microsoft has had so many issues with releasing their own titles without major issues, but not surprising because it has become a trend. It's not like they're some indie studio... One can only imagine how they have managed to have such a bad track record lately. I think Ubisoft probably has a better track record by now. 

Edited by UltraMega
  • Respect 2

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly.  I'm trying my hardest on a AMD Ryzen 5 3550H mini pc with tdp 40w tdc edc 500a 83 degrees celsius thermal limit & it levels off around 70-75 degrees celsius in game.  Although I hate how it takes 30 minutes to optimize shaders on startup on my mini pc, on my 3700x rig it takes a matter of seconds or its so fast I barely notice the wait.

Plus I have 32gb ram and theres a virtual memory leak in the game after u launch it once & close it the pc continuously sucks down virtual memory until restart so watch out for that!  I seen 37,000MB of virtual memory committed just sitting on the desktop, a day after launching the game.  Most people aren't monitoring their virtual memory, they monitor the physical memory but it's the virtual commit thats the real item to be watched for all tasks in the pc realm.  RAM usage alone is pointless.

I wish they would fix a lot of the flaws in the game, the clutch doesn't engage disengage fast enough so theres constantly a miss shift sound using a controller and thats with tweaked settings to speed it up, it didn't do that in any other forza game.  

You can tell they rushed this game bro!

Later

Edited by HeyItsChris
  • Respect 1

On 09/11/2023 at 20:39, HeyItsChris said:

PS - I had to reduce my infinity fabric, imc, and memory clock down to 1200mhz ie ddr4-2400 on my ddr4-4000 modules on my 3700x to even launch & keep the game running continuously so look into that about your crashes if your running a ryzen rig.

Based on the reviews, it seems like everyone is getting crashes all the time. I wouldn't bother trying to tweak any hardware settings, but that's interesting that it made a difference in your case. Just gonna have to wait for some patches. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

For sure.  I just followed the error messages saying error memory could not be written, so i kept tweaking my settings which if left at default would have worked anyway without touching anything because the ASUS X570-i gaming motherboard runs ram at ddr4-2400 by default.  Which is what is needed to get it to run because it puts a lot of load on the ram to beyond 37GB and puts an extreme load on virtual memory.  The whole memory sub system is under an extreme load with this game, they clearly used the wrong engine.

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
1.2k 715

I'm a big fan of the Horizon series of games but not into the sim Motorsports series.

Here's hoping Horizon 6 isn't like this when it comes out in a few years.

Edited by neurotix
  • Respect 1

$5500

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X3D 2100MHz fclk
RAM: G.skill TridentZ5 7600MHz 36-45-45-45 1.425v
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 3.135GHz/12.152GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming Wifi
SSD/NVME: Crucial T700 1TB Gen 5 M.2
MONITOR: Acer Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 144Hz HDR400 FreeSync
CASE: anidees Ai Crystal AR3 Midtower
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus AIO CR360 Dark w/ PTM7950
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x PBO 4.95GHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ventus
RAM: G.skill Flare X DDR4 3733MHz 16-16-16-32-50 1T GDM on
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
CASE: anidees Ai Crystal Cube
PSU: OCZ ModXStream 550w
SSD/NVME: Samsung 850 Evo 256GB
CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: i5-7600 4.5GHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Strix Z270H Gaming
RAM: G.skill DDR4-3000 15-16-16
CASE: Silverstone Grandia series GD09
GPU: GT 710
SSD/NVME: Samsung 850 Evo
MONITOR: Asus V239H 1080p 60Hz IPS
CPU COOLER: Thermalright AXP-120-X67
Full Rig Info

36 minutes ago, neurotix said:

I'm a big fan of the Horizon series of games but not into the sim Motorsports series.

Here's hoping Horizon 6 isn't like this when it comes out in a few years.

If you like racing games but prefer arcade racers to Sim racers, try NFS unbound. I beat it recently and I really enjoyed it. It's a very light hearted but fun game with a unique risk/reward system. The cops can be annoying later in the game, but beyond that it's pretty solid. It's on game pass. 

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info