Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Rabbit OS - An AI-Assistant focused device that's "causing a stir"

UltraMega

The pocket-size device, called Rabbit r1, is designed to use your apps for you.

The startup developed the r1 with voice control so users can engage with it in the same way as a walkie-talkie and teach it how to complete specific tasks.

The tech is supposed to offer a way for users to complete digital tasks such as booking flights or ordering meals without using a phone or laptop.

"Throughout history, we have tried to make the tools more intuitive," Jesse Lyu, founder and CEO of Rabbit, told Business Insider. "The shape of computers is constantly changing, from punch cards to desktops, and mobile phones: we are constantly trying to make computers more intuitive and imagine new ways to interact with them."

spacer.png

A sleek $199 AI assistant that promises to handle your digital tasks sold out in a day — but more are on the way (msn.com)

Interesting device. Most interesting that something like this didn't come from Microsoft or Apple first, since it seems like it aims improve on the functionality of something like Siri, or do similar tasks to something like what CoPilot is aiming to be. 

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

10 minutes ago, schuck6566 said:

"The pocket-size device, called Rabbit r1, is designed to use your apps for you."

Let me get this straight, $200 for something that does was Alexa basicly does? I can tell Alexa to open an app on my firecube or tablet for me.Am I missing some big advantage here?

Yea kinda. It's way more capable than something like Alexa. One highlight from the video is when he takes a picture of a spreadsheet and then asks the AI to email him that same spreadsheet but with an additional colum of data. Or when the AI uses its camera to look at what's in the refrigerator and then suggests recipes.

I wasn't aware of this until I saw lots of other news outlets talking about it. The demo was impressive. 

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

3 hours ago, GanjaSMK said:

I watched most of the video but I can't wrap my head around the actual usefulness of this device. 

But then again I might still be stuck in the 90's. Or 80's. 

Yes it's not something that excites me much either just as a product. Instead of thinking about the product they're selling, just note the advancements to the digital assistant concept. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

10 minutes ago, GanjaSMK said:

Yep I think there's progress there.

Makes me wonder though - will we manifest sci-fi into realities, or will reality manifest into sci-fi? 🤔

Funny you say that, this thing reminds me of a tricortor. 

spacer.png

• Respect 1

Owned

Full Rig Info