Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

AMD Radeon RX 6000 "Big Navi" RDNA2 Reference Design Pictured

axipher
2 Attachments

AMD revealed its Radeon RX 6000 series graphics card reference design. This card will likely be AMD's flagship product based on its RDNA2 graphics architecture. The card features a refreshing new dual-slot, triple axial fan cooling solution that uses large new high-airflow fans that have webbed impellers, and an aluminium fin-stack heatsink that spans the entire length of this roughly-30 cm long card. A variation of the insert with the Radeon branding was teased last year. This is AMD's second reference design with triple axial fans, after the Radeon VII.

The card features two 8-pin PCIe power inputs right where you expect them. Display outputs include a pair of DisplayPorts, an HDMI, and a USB type-C. Since air exhaust is guided out of the top of the card with its fin-stack arrangement (and none from the rear I/O), AMD has a sealed I/O shield like the Radeon Fury. AMD partnered with Epic Games for a Fortnite treasure-hunt map that lets you see a 3D model of the card in from more angles. We'll spare you the treasure hunt with a video by Anshel Sag.

EsipMeJ10YDP0dOd.jpg

Video Link

Source

We also have a nice ramble from Buildzoid over at Actually Hardcore Overclocking: Rambling about the RX 6000 heatsink

I'm liking the new design, and if Buildzoid is correct in assuming HBM2, I might be willing to wait for AMD's 6000 Navi card.  I'm really hoping AMD has finally done some work on AMF to unlock better encoding options for streamers, first-gen Navi still has pretty poor h264 encoding, but stellar h265 encoding, the former being needed for Twitch streaming and the latter being great for recording gameplay at really high quality.