Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

AMD's Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 'Where Gaming Begins' Livestream

Its that time of the year where my INTEL stocks will go down contrary to the upward shift they had in the past day *haha*. 

AMD plans to announce its hotly-anticipated Zen 3 'Vermeer' processors on October 8 at 9am PT. The company will livestream its "Where Gaming Begins" event, which you can watch below.

Liquid Metal Sauce!

Edited by axipher
  • Thanks 1

€ Press F

Owned

CPU: Rocket Lake 11900K
MOTHERBOARD: MAXIMUS XIII EXTREME GLACIAL
RAM: G-SKILL ROYAL
PSU: DARK POWER PRO 12 - 1200W
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080 TI Founder's Edition
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 PRO (PCIE 4)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 980 PRO (PCIE 4)
SSD/NVME 3: WD Black (Courtesy of TicToc!)
Full Rig Info

No 4000 series then?

I may upgrade to this. I do need a better CPU and more RAM so it seems like it would be a good idea. I'm going to go 8c/16t this time. I thought 6c/12t would be enough for a very long time, turns out it wasn't.

Owned

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 5800X
GPU: RTX 2070
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 500GB 960 Evo
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB 860 Evo
SSD/NVME 3: 1TB 860 Evo
PSU: EVGA 650w Modular
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
38 16

In the market to both upgrade my 3900X as well as hopefully nab a 3300x replacement if AMD provides one at a sane price point.

Intel's "no XMP unless you buy Z490" policy combined with the pitiful 2666 stock support has me pretty annoyed at their i3 lineup atm, and 3300Xs are gone everywhere, so here's hoping for a theoretical 5300X out the gate.

If rumours are true then @KyadCK you will have some good upgrade path. Depending on what you aim to do with the machine. 

€ Press F

Owned

CPU: Rocket Lake 11900K
MOTHERBOARD: MAXIMUS XIII EXTREME GLACIAL
RAM: G-SKILL ROYAL
PSU: DARK POWER PRO 12 - 1200W
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080 TI Founder's Edition
SSD/NVME: Samsung 980 PRO (PCIE 4)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 980 PRO (PCIE 4)
SSD/NVME 3: WD Black (Courtesy of TicToc!)
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

No 4000 series then?

I may upgrade to this. I do need a better CPU and more RAM so it seems like it would be a good idea. I'm going to go 8c/16t this time. I thought 6c/12t would be enough for a very long time, turns out it wasn't.

Yeah, I think AMD is trying to differentiate between 4000 series Renoir APUs which is based on Zen2 and 5000 which I believe is 'Warhol', based on Zen3.

If the rumors are true about an 8 core, single CCX; I'm going to switch out my 3900X for the 5800X or whatever the 8 core equivalent is. Not doing much work at home anymore, so gaming/simming is my primary use case. 

Edited by Lancer VI

1 hour ago, Lancer VI said:

If the rumors are true about an 8 core, single CCX; I'm going to switch out my 3900X for the 5800X or whatever the 8 core equivalent is. Not doing much work at home anymore, so gaming/simming is my primary use case. 

This is where I am with it as well. That feels like a worthy upgrade to retire my 4790k.

52 minutes now for the livestream.

Edited by Sir Beregond

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

• axipher changed the title to AMD's Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 'Where Gaming Begins' Livestream
6 hours ago, Lancer VI said:

Yeah, I think AMD is trying to differentiate between 4000 series Renoir APUs which is based on Zen2 and 5000 which I believe is 'Warhol', based on Zen3.

Zen 3 5000 series = Vermeer

Zen 3 refresh = Warhol

Zen 4 = Raphael

Edited by rares495

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X670E Carbon
GPU: MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio
RAM: Corsair 2x32GB @6000 MT/s 28-36-36-28-30-58 1T
SSD/NVME: Kingston Fury Renegade 1 TB
SSD/NVME 2: Kingston Fury Renegade 4 TB
PSU: Super Flower Leadex V Pro Gold 1000W
CASE: be quiet! Silent Base 802
Full Rig Info

38 16
8 hours ago, Mistio said:

If rumours are true then @KyadCK you will have some good upgrade path. Depending on what you aim to do with the machine. 

The low-core box? Hyper-modded MC server. Need every scrap of ST I can get but don't wanna drop much on it.

Looks like a 5900X to replace my 3900X, and then maybe just drop this 3900X in the server and turn off the "bad" CCXs if I cant find a buyer. Maybe some new RAM since my board is QVL'd for 4700 kits if the new CPU's IF can handle it. The 4k APUs have me hopeful.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KyadCK said:

The low-core box? Hyper-modded MC server. Need every scrap of ST I can get but don't wanna drop much on it.

Looks like a 5900X to replace my 3900X, and then maybe just drop this 3900X in the server and turn off the "bad" CCXs if I cant find a buyer. Maybe some new RAM since my board is QVL'd for 4700 kits if the new CPU's IF can handle it. The 4k APUs have me hopeful.

You still doing MC server stuff? Weren't you one of the mods on the OCN-MC server? I still have the map files for that somewhere..

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

38 16
44 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

You still doing MC server stuff? Weren't you one of the mods on the OCN-MC server? I still have the map files for that somewhere..

Was the admin that wrote all the cool stuff (read: GUI menus, manual terrain gain, multi server proxies and chat, etc) at the end actually, but yes, I remember you and all the interesting drama we all caused for Enterprise back in the day, and taking the Builder+ test.

I still dabble, but not the the extent it once was. Figured I'd throw up a GT:NH server and see if anyone actually bites. If not, ah well, still get to play with new stuff. I also offered to help @axipher with his server admin side if he wanted it, but I'm not trying to get back into it as deep as before. I regret nothing, but it was work.

Edited by KyadCK

22 minutes ago, KyadCK said:

Was the admin that wrote all the cool stuff (read: GUI menus, manual terrain gain, multi server proxies and chat, etc) at the end actually, but yes, I remember you and all the interesting drama we all caused for Enterprise back in the day, and taking the Builder+ test.

I still dabble, but not the the extent it once was. Figured I'd throw up a GT:NH server and see if anyone actually bites. If not, ah well, still get to play with new stuff. I also offered to help @axipher with his server admin side if he wanted it, but I'm not trying to get back into it as deep as before. I regret nothing, but it was work.

Sure was. Lots of lessons learned about group dynamics too, like things to avoid. Def got too lax with the control of the server, allowing too many people to make uncoordinated changes and thus breaking plugins. It would be interesting to have an MC server that was just paid hosting with a dedicated site to eliminate the complexity of hosting for all the types of people who used to play again. The things they did with redstone were really impressive. 

Not that I'd ever want to deal with all that drama again. If I were to do it over, so many more ppl would have just been perma banned. We were way to forgiving in some cases where people were obviously trying to get away with doing as much damage as they could, or hijacking control for themselves.

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info