Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

AOC has started a Twitch channel to stream Among Us and 'get out the vote'

Ocasio-Cortez's channel is already set up and, in around six hours, she's garnered almost 140,000 followers. Considering she has a silver rank in League of Legends and has dropped in on Twitch chats before, it's surprising AOC has taken this long to launch a Twitch channel. Other high-profile politicians, including Sen. Bernie Sanders and President Donald Trump, are already established on the platform. Sanders has 158,000 followers and Trump has 143,000. Wonder if Ocasio-Cortez will beat those numbers before the night is through?

Don't worry if you're keen to watch the stream, she hasn't started yet. The current plan, she says, is to get set up and go tomorrow night, on Tuesday the 20th of October.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/aoc-has-started-a-twitch-channel-to-stream-among-us-and-get-out-the-vote/ar-BB1abvIS?ocid=mmx&PC=EMMX20

Posting this because of how quick her channel is getting subscribers. Politics aside it will be interesting to see how this turns out. I bet her channel will be huge. 

https://m.twitch.tv/aoc/profile

As of right now it's over 200k subs.

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

She's probably doing this because it's the only way she can get votes.

Owned

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: 5800X
GPU: RTX 2070
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 500GB 960 Evo
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB 860 Evo
SSD/NVME 3: 1TB 860 Evo
PSU: EVGA 650w Modular
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
Full Rig Info

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

** Rolls eyes **

Good thing no one looks to the guy who tried to defend apples $1000 stand for political insights, or anyone else on this site for that matter. 

If you're just here to troll, don't. I don't know how anyone could miss that she's not campaigning for herself here anyway. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

Full Rig Info

16 minutes ago, Damon said:

I'll take her over anyone from the party of "herd immunity". 

Then you can vote for her in two years or so when she is up for re-election because again, she is not running for anything right now. 

Some notes about the stream, she pulled in 430K consecutive viewers but it's thought the real number is much higher since people could watch the same game from other streamers and maybe people re-stream so they can watch with their friends these days. The 430K from her stream alone puts her as the third most consecutive views of any twitch streamer ever, and her channel didn't even exist ~48 hours ago. Impressive. 

Owned

Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, UltraMega said:

Then you can vote for her in two years or so when she is up for re-election because again, she is not running for anything right now. 

Some notes about the stream, she pulled in 430K consecutive viewers but it's thought the real number is much higher since people could watch the same game from other streamers and maybe people re-stream so they can watch with their friends these days. The 430K from her stream alone puts her as the third most consecutive views of any twitch streamer ever, and her channel didn't even exist ~48 hours ago. Impressive. 

She is currently running for reelection as we speak.  US reps only serve two year terms.  And her Twitter following is enormous, so she is already quite popular. 

Edited by Damon

2 hours ago, Damon said:

She is currently running for reelection as we speak.  US reps only serve two year terms.  And her Twitter following is enormous, so she is already quite popular. 

Oh whoops I thought they were 4 year terms and they happened in the middle of general elections. I stand corrected. Still, she did not mention her own campaign at all during her stream.

Owned

Full Rig Info

I don't agree with her politics, but good on her. To think her and Ilhan Omar didn't really care for it to begin with. For sure, they followed Bernie's idea to appeal to younger "possible" voters and future voters by going to one of their favorite platforms. 

Such ideas is gonna get more and more common. First it was Twitter, but Twitch and such are more interactive to see the person(s) as more human. 

On 10/21/2020 at 6:34 AM, Andrew said:

Pretty much the case, but the exposure could hurt more than help. Also given the toxic communities in the streaming/social media sites i cringe at the thought of "simps" defending a female politician streamer.

Also, given the absurd amount of censorship on social media when it doesn't fit the "agenda" of the companies. I can see how it would only get worse with streaming, people will just be waiting for you to say anything that remotely sounds bad.

Then finally, given how trashy twitch is with the whole thot fiasco and the employees allowing certain streamers to break/bend rules. Then banhammering those who dont have favor. I would steer clear if i were a politician.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:11 AM, UltraMega said:

** Rolls eyes **

Good thing no one looks to the guy who tried to defend apples $1000 stand for political insights, or anyone else on this site for that matter. 

If you're just here to troll, don't. I don't know how anyone could miss that she's not campaigning for herself here anyway. 

Sorry if trolls are people who don't drink political koolaid. Every politician does stuff for votes. They want to appear as a normal person and relatable. Popularity though is a two edged sword, exposure isn't always a good thing. Look at the current president as an example using twitter.

Edited by W95CIH

10 minutes ago, W95CIH said:

Pretty much the case, but the exposure could hurt more than help. Also given the toxic communities in the streaming/social media sites i cringe at the thought of "simps" defending a female politician streamer.

Also, given the absurd amount of censorship on social media when it doesn't fit the "agenda" of the companies. I can see how it would only get worse with streaming, people will just be waiting for you to say anything that remotely sounds bad.

Then finally, given how trashy twitch is with the whole thot fiasco and the employees allowing certain streamers to break/bend rules. Then banhammering those who dont have favor. I would steer clear if i were a politician.

Sorry if trolls are people who don't drink political koolaid. Every politician does stuff for votes. They want to appear as a normal person and relatable. Popularity though is a two edged sword, exposure isn't always a good thing. Look at the current president as an example using twitter.

This site is not for political discussion. Just focus on the twitch part, no one cares if you like her or hate her. My only interest with this new was seeing how well her stream did. 

Also, since you didn't watch the steam your commentary that suggest a level of familiarity with the event that you clearly don't have makes it obvious you just came here to spout off to yourself about nothing. I can assure you no one here cares what you think of AOC or anything else political, so just don't go there.

Trolls are people who make comments simply to annoy rather than move the conversation forward. Claiming AOC, who obviously won her last election, can only get votes by campaigning on twitch when she has, for one, never done that before yet has won an election before; and two, she was encouraging people to vote in the presidential election and did not even mention that she was running for re-election once; your opinion is clearly that of someone who just wants to complain about AOC and doesn't have anything to say about the actual topic here, being the twitch event.

Go do that on youtube, not here.

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

12 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

This site is not for political discussion. Just focus on the twitch part, no one cares if you like her or hate her. My only interest with this new was seeing how well her stream did. 

Also, since you didn't watch the steam your commentary that suggest a level of familiarity with the event that you clearly don't have makes it obvious you just came here to spout off to yourself about nothing. I can assure you no one here cares what you think of AOC or anything else political, so just don't go there.

Trolls are people who make comments simply to annoy rather than move the conversation forward. Claiming AOC, who obviously won her last election, can only get votes by campaigning on twitch when she has, for one, never done that before yet has won an election before; and two, she was encouraging people to vote in the presidential election and did not even mention that she was running for re-election once; your opinion is clearly that of someone who just wants to complain about AOC and doesn't have anything to say about the actual topic here, being the twitch event.

Go do that on youtube, not here.

What are you on about?

If you don't think the exposure is for obvious reasons then you need to open your eyes. I didn't say anything negative about her in my post. I talked about politicians in general with social media.  Twitch is a very controversial streaming platform ( Dr Disrespect and others banned).  Your defensive responses are making you look like a "simp" in this case.

1 minute ago, W95CIH said:

What are you on about?

If you don't think the exposure is for obvious reasons then you need to open your eyes. I didn't say anything negative about her in my post. I talked about politicians in general with social media.  Twitch is a very controversial streaming platform ( Dr Disrespect and others banned).  Your defensive responses are making you look like a "simp" in this case.

You quoted "she can only get votes by going on twitch" and said "yup, this" to paraphrase. 

It's a silly thing to say about someone who clearly has won an election before without doing a twitch stream. Since the very first point you tried to parrot is totally inaccurate, your commentary is pointless. 

I'm only telling you to stop making it political. Calling me a simp for that is just childish. I've said nothing good or bad about AOC myself here.

Owned

Full Rig Info

8 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

You quoted "she can only get votes by going on twitch" and said "yup, this" to paraphrase. 

It's a silly thing to say about someone who clearly has won an election before without doing a twitch stream. Since the very first point you tried to parrot is totally inaccurate, your commentary is pointless. 

I'm only telling you to stop making it political. Calling me a simp for that is just childish. I've said nothing good or bad about AOC myself here.

Oh okay, So you post a thread about a Politician and it's not supposed to be political.

You are solely talking about AOC and defending her in everyone of your replies to me. Ignoring i talked about twitch and other subjects all related to twitch. In fact i never mentioned any politicians by name, unlike you did until this post.

Maybe just maybe a little back and forth on here will get more views and people joining.

23 minutes ago, W95CIH said:

Oh okay, So you post a thread about a Politician and it's not supposed to be political.

You are solely talking about AOC and defending her in everyone of your replies to me. Ignoring i talked about twitch and other subjects all related to twitch. In fact i never mentioned any politicians by name, unlike you did until this post.

Maybe just maybe a little back and forth on here will get more views and people joining.

You need to improve your reading comprehension skills instead of just arguing with yourself over something that you just made up in your head. No one here is defending AOC. If you said Trump can only get votes by wearing pink shirts, I would say that's obviously not true since he has already won office and never did it with any pink shirts. The same applies to what you're saying here.

A politician setting records on twitch and being the first instance of a politician using twitch to actually stream a game is an interesting topic from a numbers perspective. Has nothing to do with AOC specifically. If a different politician had done this, it would still be interesting, unlike any of your commentary.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
766 1,668

In all fairness and for a slew of reasons, anything that highlights what a politician is doing here in the U.S. at this point in time has the potential to become highly contentious, irrespective of their stance or party. 

Best not to post "news" about them or what they're doing if you don't want to get people yelling at each other.

38 minutes ago, UltraMega said:

You need to improve your reading comprehension skills instead of just arguing with yourself over something that you just made up in your head. No one here is defending AOC. If you said Trump can only get votes by wearing pink shirts, I would say that's obviously not true since he has already won office and never did it with any pink shirts. The same applies to what you're saying here.

A politician setting records on twitch and being the first instance of a politician using twitch to actually stream a game is an interesting topic from a numbers perspective. Has nothing to do with AOC specifically. If a different politician had done this, it would still be interesting, unlike any of your commentary.

You should probably heed your own advice. You seem to have equated a comment someone made about getting votes, to something about already winning an office. I only agreed with the context of "getting votes" or Marketing. Why your so focused on a "win" of an office? I guess your doing so to straw hair or something.

I never said anything about winning an office. I simply talked about exposure, getting votes, and controversy etc.

That was a joke based on how Among Us is played.

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

I don't think it's going to work.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned

Full Rig Info

9 hours ago, UltraMega said:

ANYTHING a public figure who IS a politician does automatically makes that action "political" because it will have a positive,negative,or neutral effect on their career. Regardless,the cat is out of the bag & politics have entered the forums.?

13 hours ago, schuck6566 said:

ANYTHING a public figure who IS a politician does automatically makes that action "political" because it will have a positive,negative,or neutral effect on their career. Regardless,the cat is out of the bag & politics have entered the forums.?

That's simply not true. 

And a little beside the point. I think what I'm saying here is easily understood, there is no reason to debate me on it. Just don't turn this thread into a thread about any political preferences at all, keep it neutral politically and just talk about the twitch event. Simple enough. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

Full Rig Info

5 hours ago, UltraMega said:

That's simply not true. 

And a little beside the point. I think what I'm saying here is easily understood, there is no reason to debate me on it. Just don't turn this thread into a thread about any political preferences at all, keep it neutral politically and just talk about the twitch event. Simple enough. 

That's a little hard to do when you start a thread about a politician that leans towards Communism.

2 hours ago, Diffident said:

That's a little hard to do when you start a thread about a politician that leans towards Communism.

It's only hard to do if you lack self control.

Owned

Full Rig Info