Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - Our commitment to quality

Worth a watch. Honest, they were a little niave but considering the scale of the project, not surprising there were issues

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 4:02 AM, ENTERPRISE said:

Worth a watch. Honest, they were a little naive but considering the scale of the project, not surprising there were issues

...a little naive ? May be, but they seem to be making it worse...how about a management shakeup ?

Grumble grumble rant ? :

So, I never had any issues with Cyberpunk 2077 until 'patch 1.1'...after 'install' of that one, the game would just crash before even the first splash screen. I did notice that during the patch 'download', their servers must have been completely overloaded as it took several hours - on a monitored 100 Mbit/s line no less. I must have sent a gazillion crash reports after the option flipped up following the crash...

When looking for support, Steam relayed me over to CDPR, I dutifully filled out their form, but have yet to hear back (5 days later at the time of posting this). I should add that I really like(d) CP 2077 - the visuals, particularly on 4K/RTX Ultra, are stunning. Still, after more than a day of this, I decided to ask Steam for a refund, given all the BS. However, I cancelled the refund the following day (not having heard back from Steam either about that a day later) as I had read that a lot of other folks had problems with CP 2077 'patch 1.1'. One helpful comment pointed to 'verification' of the local game cache - sure enough, it had a problem...after a rather time consuming 'reacquire' to fix the issue, CP 2077 worked again...

...until today ! I had a few minutes between scheduled business calls and wanted to play a  quick round of CP 2077 free-roaming. But now there was a mandatory Hotfix 1.1 (not to be confused with patch 1.1 from last weekend). Once again, their (Steam and/or CDPR) servers were overloading, to the point I saw this:

CP143days.jpg.89af9fa5df1a15ff8db3847397285326.jpg

...again, this is a a fast, monitored network...anyway, eventually, it said 'ready to launch in approximately 1 year +' . I decided to reboot...When this new Hotfix 1.1. install finally finished, same story as described above:

hotfixcrash11.jpg.0fe8d94458e1ffc909c7255e9fb75b6e.jpg

This time, I went straight to the local game cache, and once again, the Steam check revealed that 1 of 2 files had a problem and needed to be reacquired, which took a lot longer than the indicated  28 minutes 41 seconds...but still, once again, it fixed the issue.

reaquire.jpg.fa46410ef353bcb59223f4bcb300745c.jpg

The system this is installed on has never crashed or shown this kind of behavior in any other app over two years running...clearly, s.th. happens on the server side when it overloads when a new patch or fix is out. I am not sure whether it is Steam or CDPR at fault, but this incredibly amount of 'required before play' patches and hotfixes point to a application that was released before its time.  Never mind the 'custom service and support'...

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

15 minutes ago, Diffident said:

I've been lucky, I haven't had any crashes...but I've only played a few hours with the patch.

...haven't had any actual in-game crashes either, just when getting there with the latest patch / hotfix (per above, only 143 days to go before load...) ?  

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

26 minutes ago, Diffident said:

I'm guessing it was just a network issue.  I just installed the hotfix and loaded the game in about 2 minutes.  I'm playing on linux, which adds more complexity over playing on windows.

yeah, I've been suggesting it's a network issue...the point is though that it happened twice in one week at separate occasions (patch 1.1 and Hotfix 1.1) and as mentioned, the network I'm on is monitored and not the issue, nor has this crept up with any other big patches (FlightSim 2020 comes to mind...) whereby the host server is overrun and my download temporarily pauses (and not for 143 days... ?)

I am just not sure whether it is at Steam's or CDPR's end - and it would be nice if either would respond within a few days of asking for support...or may be they're just too busy...

cp2077news.jpg.165a09aa8a2922d2753c10e89f10088c.jpg

Owned

Full Rig Info

4 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

yeah, I've been suggesting it's a network issue...the point is though that it happened twice in one week at separate occasions (patch 1.1 and Hotfix 1.1) and as mentioned, the network I'm on is monitored and not the issue, nor has this crept up with any other big patches (FlightSim 2020 comes to mind...) whereby the host server is overrun and my download temporarily pauses (and not for 143 days... ?)

I am just not sure whether it is at Steam's or CDPR's end - and it would be nice if either would respond within a few days of asking for support...or may be they're just too busy...

cp2077news.jpg.165a09aa8a2922d2753c10e89f10088c.jpg

As I was reading this,I also was curious if some of your downloading issue might not be at Steams end,I was having issues updating several older games,and also 2 current games that had updates(dying light and destiny 2) I ended up having to disconnect from steam and reconnect to get the dying light download to restart @ a halfway normal speed(was STILL slow).The others took the rest of the day on a 400MBs. Would be interesting to know if the others without issues are going through other sites such as GOG or Epic....

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, schuck6566 said:

As I was reading this,I also was curious if some of your downloading issue might not be at Steams end,I was having issues updating several older games,and also 2 current games that had updates(dying light and destiny 2) I ended up having to disconnect from steam and reconnect to get the dying light download to restart @ a halfway normal speed(was STILL slow).The others took the rest of the day on a 400MBs. Would be interesting to know if the others without issues are going through other sites such as GOG or Epic....

I think they are a couple of issues intertwining that led to issues I described, noting again that the game itself has never crashed, just the loading of CP2077 after disrupted patch/Hotfix downloads. To begin with,  the game only came out 1 / 1/2 month ago, and the sheer number of Hotfixes and patches issued in that period are part of the problem, and also well documented to cause other problems in turn (see above). It speaks of a release that wasn't really ready, as much as I personally never had any issues 'in game' from day one with any patch once loaded correctly.

Secondly, the trend of online game suppliers such as Steam, Microsoft Store, Origin and many others to load themselves into YOUR home and YOUR computer network at startup and call to their server even when the app is not started is appalling - and also part of the problem. AI needs big data, so their vacuums are there by default (I unload them as much as possible)...

The same holds for the fact that even when you have a perfectly-running game 'before' a new patch / fix, you still cannot play it as the provider insists on loading the new patch first before you can start your gaming session. I have had similar issue with MS FlightSim 2020 (though not the crash following a patch). If they wouldn't force millions of people to all try to download typically large files at more or less the same time, network loads at near-DoS levels would not lead to the disruptions... My fav exhibit (on a network here that has another computer right next monitoring the health 'my' network):

CP143days.jpg.fec467b67c3b276b8a1ca13b3791003c.jpg

I remember the 'good old days' when you could download a game and keep the setup files on your computer...then every once in a while you would get a notification that a patch was available - key is that it wouldn't block you from playing until you had downloaded it. When you felt like it, you could download a patch later and store it as well. We need a digital rights bill with teeth !

Next, when loads at the patch-providing servers lead to a crawl or standstill, or the user decides to 'pause' and do something else, some steps have to take place to ensure that a resumption of the download is seamless...and therein is the issue buried I now experienced twice on two separate patches/hotfixes within a week. It's not unlike an encrypted file that got corrupted with a non-matching checksum. Whether this problem is at Steam's end or CDPR's end I do not know yet. However, MS FS 2020 also has had some giant patches which could slow the system down so much that load indicators would stop showing any progress. However, resumption on a subsequent try/ reboot fused it all together correctly, without crashes when the app itself was finally loaded.

Finally, there is the lack of decent support by both Steam and CDPR when using their support / help registration pages. Since the first crash issue arose last Sunday and I followed their instructions on submitting a support request, I haven't heard a thing from either (apart from Steam's acknowledgement that they got my request)...it's now Friday  

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

5 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

I think they are a couple of issues intertwining that led to issues I described, noting again that the game itself has never crashed, just the loading of CP2077 after disrupted patch/Hotfix downloads. To begin with,  the game only came out 1 / 1/2 month ago, and the sheer number of Hotfixes and patches issued in that period are part of the problem, and also well documented to cause other problems in turn (see above). It speaks of a release that wasn't really ready, as much as I personally never had any issues 'in game' from day one with any patch once loaded correctly.

Secondly, the trend of online game suppliers such as Steam, Microsoft Store, Origin and many others to load themselves into YOUR home and YOUR computer network at startup and call to their server even when the app is not started is appalling - and also part of the problem. AI needs big data, so their vacuums are there by default (I unload them as much as possible)...

The same holds for the fact that even when you have a perfectly-running game 'before' a new patch / fix, you still cannot play it as the provider insists on loading the new patch first before you can start your gaming session. I have had similar issue with MS FlightSim 2020 (though not the crash following a patch). If they wouldn't force millions of people to all try to download typically large files at more or less the same time, network loads at near-DoS levels would not lead to the disruptions... My fav exhibit (on a network here that has another computer right next monitoring the health 'my' network):

CP143days.jpg.fec467b67c3b276b8a1ca13b3791003c.jpg

I remember the 'good old days' when you could download a game and keep the setup files on your computer...then every once in a while you would get a notification that a patch was available - key is that it wouldn't block you from playing until you had downloaded it. When you felt like it, you could download a patch later and store it as well. We need a digital rights bill with teeth !

Next, when loads at the patch-providing servers lead to a crawl or standstill, or the user decides to 'pause' and do something else, some steps have to take place to ensure that a resumption of the download is seamless...and therein is the issue buried I now experienced twice on two separate patches/hotfixes within a week. It's not unlike an encrypted file that got corrupted with a non-matching checksum. Whether this problem is at Steam's end or CDPR's end I do not know yet. However, MS FS 2020 also has had some giant patches which could slow the system down so much that load indicators would stop showing any progress. However, resumption on a subsequent try/ reboot fused it all together correctly, without crashes when the app itself was finally loaded.

Finally, there is the lack of decent support by both Steam and CDPR when using their support / help registration pages. Since the first crash issue arose last Sunday and I followed their instructions on submitting a support request, I haven't heard a thing from either (apart from Steam's acknowledgement that they got my request)...it's now Friday  

It is an ugly mess all round to be honest from all that I have read and after speaking with people who play it. I even heard that the console patches are like 10x the size of the PC patches for some reason, not sure of the validity of that.

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info