Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Extreme Team Folding Goes Live on August 1st (Formerly The Team Competition)

BWG

6 minutes ago, firedfly said:

It should be reflected in the ETF stats site within three hours of the WU being completed.  I would verify that you have the correct passkey specified for the new card slot.  The passkey configured for you on the stats site starts with 79f83656************************.

@BWG may have more insights when he has a chance to respond.

Please stop treating me like a novice. Yes, the passkey is on and specific to the ETF, it has been longer than 3 hours since completion of some of the units. Of course he'll have insight when he responds, that is why I tagged him. 

Edited by Avacado

Folding@Home Staff - Team Lead
1.1k 976
1 hour ago, BWG said:

Oh hai Out of Beta! How's it going? Ok, good talk. Byeeeeee! 👋 

Screenshot_20210810-072824_Chrome.jpg

Bags of sand you have

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
MOTHERBOARD: B550 PG Velocita
RAM: 4x8GB Ballistix
GPU: RX 6900 XT
PSU: LEADEX V Platinum 1KW
CASE: QUBE 500
SSD/NVME: T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500
MOTHERBOARD: X470 TAICHI
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA P5
SSD/NVME: Silicon Power A60 256GB
GPU: Quadro M4000
GPU 2: Quadro M4000
GPU 3: Quadro M2000
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
36 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Please stop treating me like a novice. Yes, the passkey is on and specific to the ETF, it has been longer than 3 hours since completion of some of the units. Of course he'll have insight when he responds, that is why I tagged him. 

He's clearly Semi-Pro, but fails to follow the Everybody Love Everybody motto. I PM'd you. Hope you have a great day at work! Now go eat a Snickers 😉 

Edited by BWG

Owned

CPU: 5600x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
GPU 2: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 3: EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hybrid
GPU 4: EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW3 Ultra
GPU 5: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
GPU 6: Asus RTX 2080ti ROG STRIX
GPU 7: EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
2 minutes ago, damric said:

Bags of sand you have

I might have some, but I'm too afraid to touch them right now. I was folding around 1530 MHz before I re-did the GPU, and I'm at 1560 MHz now. There's got to be a little more headroom with it passing a benchmark at 1620, but I'm too scared to test a higher clock during the event.

I was kinda in shock to see it so close this morning. What projects are you pulling on your GPU? We should get you setup on HFM Online so we can see what you're getting.

Owned

Full Rig Info

7 minutes ago, BWG said:

He's clearly Semi-Pro, but fails to follow the Everybody Love Everybody motto. I PM'd you. Hope you have a great day at work! Now go eat a Snickers 😉 

Meh, It's a dark cloud that has been over me for the past 5 months with all things computers. Hey at least I'm making a profit on all the Tesla's on Ebay. Just having a shitty day, I'm not going out of my way to be rude, but I literally wrote the guide on OCN for folding. He could have led with is it plugged in?

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
1 minute ago, Avacado said:

Meh, It's a dark cloud that has been over me for the past 5 months with all things computers. Hey at least I'm making a profit on all the Tesla's on Ebay. Just having a shitty day, I'm not going out of my way to be rude, but I literally wrote the guide on OCN for folding. He could have led with is it plugged in?

@firedflyis 100% not a troll, and only tried to be helpful. 

That's really good, the ebay thing. I was really scared about that for you being those cards aren't really for mining nor gaming. How much are we talking? You paid what, like 110 or so for each?

Owned

Full Rig Info

1.1k 976
9 minutes ago, BWG said:

I might have some, but I'm too afraid to touch them right now. I was folding around 1530 MHz before I re-did the GPU, and I'm at 1560 MHz now. There's got to be a little more headroom with it passing a benchmark at 1620, but I'm too scared to test a higher clock during the event.

I was kinda in shock to see it so close this morning. What projects are you pulling on your GPU? We should get you setup on HFM Online so we can see what you're getting.

I just let it choose at default. I see a lot of moon shot, but also a lot of cancer.

My biggest problem is my multiplier falling from x73 to x56. Is the same thing going to happen with your 960 driving up the ppd in the database? We'll have to alternate cards every month, but that's going to make us all fold even more so good for the cause I guess.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

Just now, BWG said:

@firedflyis 100% not a troll, and only tried to be helpful. 

That's really good, the ebay thing. I was really scared about that for you being those cards aren't really for mining nor gaming. How much are we talking? You paid what, like 110 or so for each?

I know he isn't. Never said he was.

Yes, exactly 110$ each. They are still going for over 300$ still, I came in at 199$ per card and they were gone when I woke up in the morning. 

1 minute ago, damric said:

My biggest problem is my multiplier falling from x73 to x56. Is the same thing going to happen with your 960 driving up the ppd in the database? We'll have to alternate cards every month, but that's going to make us all fold even more so good for the cause I guess.

LARs only tracks stats if you have the tracking browser enabled while folding. Unless it's you specifically doing it, it means someone else is driving up your averages. That is how I understand it at least, it could have changed. 

• Thanks 2

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
2 minutes ago, damric said:

I just let it choose at default. I see a lot of moon shot, but also a lot of cancer.

I mean, I was folding the 960 the whole time too, but there's probably more other people still folding a 960 than that old card of yours that barely does any PPD/Watts. Maybe you should get a 960 lol. Heck, anything more mainstream that people are folding to offset the high PPD you're getting. You're probably the only HD 7xxx still being folded. 

1 minute ago, Avacado said:

I know he isn't. Never said he was.

Yes, exactly 110$ each. They are still going for over 300$ still, I came in at 199$ per card and they were gone when I woke up in the morning. 

I know you didn't say he was, but you did suggest that he lead with a trolling remark. 

That is great news my friend. I hope they go to the moon! Are you selling them with the fans, or with the blocks?

Owned

Full Rig Info

1.1k 976
4 minutes ago, Avacado said:

LARs only tracks stats if you have the tracking browser enabled while folding. Unless it's you specifically doing it, it means someone else is driving up your averages. That is how I understand it at least, it could have changed. 

Yeah... Being the folding noob that I am, I was like wow dark mode...

Just folding away minding my own business...

* why am I ranked over GPUs that are 2x as fast...

Then I read the fine print on the dark mode...

Ooops

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
9 minutes ago, damric said:

Yeah... Being the folding noob that I am, I was like wow dark mode...

Just folding away minding my own business...

* why am I ranked over GPUs that are 2x as fast...

Then I read the fine print on the dark mode...

Ooops

Just keep it going. Don't freak out and try to push your OC or anything. But, it really would be nice to see your HFM. There is a tutorial for it in the folding section. 😉 

Owned

Full Rig Info

19 minutes ago, BWG said:

I mean, I was folding the 960 the whole time too, but there's probably more other people still folding a 960 than that old card of yours that barely does any PPD/Watts. Maybe you should get a 960 lol. Heck, anything more mainstream that people are folding to offset the high PPD you're getting. You're probably the only HD 7xxx still being folded. 

I know you didn't say he was, but you did suggest that he lead with a trolling remark. 

That is great news my friend. I hope they go to the moon! Are you selling them with the fans, or with the blocks?

I suggested he had not considered my experience in folding, we don't know each other that well. Suggesting to someone who has been folding for 14 years to add a passkey and remind them of how often the stats site updates would seem like he thinks I have no clue what i'm doing.  He's probably right at this point, I can't do anything right anymore. 

Bare bones, just the cards. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1

1.1k 976
Just now, BWG said:

Just keep it going. Don't freak out and try to push your OC or anything. But, it really would be nice to see your HFM. There is a tutorial for it in the folding section. 😉 

I'm looking at the guide. All the pictures are gone. What is HFM? What is the purpose of HFM?

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
5 minutes ago, damric said:

I'm looking at the guide. All the pictures are gone. What is HFM? What is the purpose of HFM?

Well, I'll just put that on my list to fix then. Click my HFM link in my signature.

Edit: Refresh the page a few times to see my current stats.

Edited by BWG
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

1.1k 976
Just now, BWG said:

Well, I'll just put that on my list to fix then. Click my HFM link in my signature.

Oh ok that looks cool. Yes I'm going to have to create one of those soon.

Owned

Full Rig Info

Cheap

Owned

Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
256 376
11 minutes ago, Avacado said:

I suggested he had not considered my experience in folding, we don't know each other that well. Suggesting to someone who has been folding for 14 years to add a passkey and remind them of how often the stats site updates would seem like he thinks I have no clue what i'm doing.  He's probably right at this point, I can't do anything right anymore. 

Bare bones, just the cards. 

As you said, we don't know each other.  I only recognize your name from these forums.  I've never been in the OCN forums to know your background.

Even if I did know your background and experience, I would have still made the same suggestions.  I do dumb simple things all the time.  When someone asks me if I made sure something simple was configured correctly, I'd still appreciate it.  Sometimes that IS the issue.

Additionally, if you only wanted @BWG to respond, I would have expected a PM instead of a public forum post.  I know @BWG has been a bit slower to respond the last few days, so I was attempting to help while you waited for him to chime in.

I hope you get the issue resolved.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, firedfly said:

As you said, we don't know each other.  I only recognize your name from these forums.  I've never been in the OCN forums to know your background.

Even if I did know your background and experience, I would have still made the same suggestions.  I do dumb simple things all the time.  When someone asks me if I made sure something simple was configured correctly, I'd still appreciate it.  Sometimes that IS the issue.

Additionally, if you only wanted @BWG to respond, I would have expected a PM instead of a public forum post.  I know @BWG has been a bit slower to respond the last few days, so I was attempting to help while you waited for him to chime in.

I hope you get the issue resolved.

It is common place to draw attention from another forum member using an @ tag, we do this all the time. I especially did not want to do it in a PM for this reason as it pertains to the stats of the ETF and could possibly effect other members. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to offer me a solution. 

• Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

Yeah, I see it all, just don't always have time to immediately address, but thank you for being patient. I know you understand. It can all be fixed for ya. We'll get it sorted. Maybe it's a copy paste space. You should copy the passkey I re-sent that I chose use plain text instead on. I bet that if you copied the 1st passkey in the pm that it put a space before or after it in the client, but when you re-paste it tonight, it should say if it matches the 2nd entry or not.

I haven't seen any drop on stats yet, so maybe that's what could have happened.

Edited by BWG
  • Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, firedfly said:

I do dumb simple things all the time.

Hey, that sounds familiar 😂

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660

So, I just told supercrumpet that moonshot wus are not supported on linux kernel yet, and then told him I'm getting 550k ppd on them along with firedfly. His virtual jaw dropped. 

Another thing I'm testing as I type is rolling back my 960 driver to what firedfly is using. He's almost equal if not better than me at a lot less core clock. I remember 9xx and 1xxx gpus benefiting from older drivers previously, so if this boosts me to something like 600k ppd, you can blame firedfly.

• Thanks 1

Owned

Full Rig Info

And I'm just sitting here, looking at my 2080Ti doing the work....
Nothing to do, besides praying for the best units possible.

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, BWG said:

So, I just told supercrumpet that moonshot wus are not supported on linux kernel yet, and then told him I'm getting 550k ppd on them along with firedfly. His virtual jaw dropped. 

Another thing I'm testing as I type is rolling back my 960 driver to what firedfly is using. He's almost equal if not better than me at a lot less core clock. I remember 9xx and 1xxx gpus benefiting from older drivers previously, so if this boosts me to something like 600k ppd, you can blame firedfly.

I also remember that there was a certain driver that was better on Linux.  If you dig around the OCN TC forum, or maybe in the Infinty thread, you should find a post from me about it.  I feel like I did some testing on that, and at some point in time, a current driver caught up with the older driver.  Not positive on any of the above, since that was a few years ago.

Edited by tictoc
  • Thanks 1

Folding@Home Staff
1.3k 660
2 hours ago, firedfly said:

If this boosts you to 600k ppd, it will be the last time I help you! 😉

It was nice to have your help in telling me which driver you were using, but I remembered how it used to be, like tictoc did, below.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, tictoc said:

I also remember that there was a certain driver that was better on Linux.  If you dig around the OCN TC forum, or maybe in the Infinty thread, you should find a post from me about it.  I feel like I did some testing on that, and at some point in time, a current driver caught up with the older driver.  Not positive on any of the above, since that was a few years ago.

Yeah, it's the first thing I thought of when I saw his core clock was way lower. I'm so glad he gave me his driver # to confirm lol.

Edited by BWG
  • Thanks 2

Owned

Full Rig Info