Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Case Died :(


Sgt_Swanny
2 Attachments

Recommended Posts

So was away for a week and moved my setup out of sight just incase if someone wanted to steal it. Stored it the washroom/bathroom. Once back home wanted moved my setup back to my desk. took the side panel off to make it lighter. The whole panel became a million smaller panels. 

 

I didn't knock it, I think it was little colded. 

 

The case is a Corsair 5000x, which came to market last year so thought I will be able to order a spare one. Corsair has none in stock, So new case for me right before the Christmas Hoildays! 

20211024_230404.jpg

  • Respect 2

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900
GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 xt
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX AMD
RAM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB (4x 16GB) 6400MHz
SSD/NVME: Seagate 2TB Firecuda 520 NVMe
PSU: EVGA supernova 1200 p2 80+ platinum
MONITOR: Asus ROG Strix XG43VQ
CASE: be quiet! Black Pure Base 500 FX
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Premium Platinum - Lifetime
1.1k 531

Yeah, this is the bad part about having actual glass for the side panel.

 

It looks really nice and doesn't scratch easily like acrylic does, but they can shatter like that if you're not careful with them and can be quite expensive to replace.

Owned

 Share

CPU: i7 9570H
GPU: AMD 5300m
RAM: 16GB
SSD/NVME: 512GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: macOS Sonoma
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800X
GPU: RTX 2070
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 500GB 960 Evo
SSD/NVME 2: 1TB 860 Evo
SSD/NVME 3: 1TB 860 Evo
PSU: EVGA 650w Modular
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sgt_Swanny said:

So was away for a week and moved my setup out of sight just incase if someone wanted to steal it. Stored it the washroom/bathroom. Once back home wanted moved my setup back to my desk. took the side panel off to make it lighter. The whole panel became a million smaller panels. 

 

I didn't knock it, I think it was little colded. 

 

The case is a Corsair 5000x, which came to market last year so thought I will be able to order a spare one. Corsair has none in stock, So new case for me right before the Christmas Hoildays! 

20211024_230404.jpg

This is a press F to pay respects moment. 

 

Getting anything at the moment is a nightmare. Don't blame you getting that new case. Which one was it again ?

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Sgt_Swanny said:

So was away for a week and moved my setup out of sight just incase if someone wanted to steal it. Stored it the washroom/bathroom. Once back home wanted moved my setup back to my desk. took the side panel off to make it lighter. The whole panel became a million smaller panels. 

 

I didn't knock it, I think it was little colded. 

 

The case is a Corsair 5000x, which came to market last year so thought I will be able to order a spare one. Corsair has none in stock, So new case for me right before the Christmas Hoildays! 

20211024_230404.jpg

 

...that's a bummer ! I've got 3 pieces of tempered glass from my TT Core P8 at my feet at the working area as I'm updating the Ravens build...put a note on my workbench ('look down')

 

...btw, have you considered get a nice, thick clear acrylic panel cut to size as replacement ? That used to be hyper expensive, but with the market for acrylic dividers (bank tellers, restaurants), there's much more supply (up to 5 mm easy) at much lower costs.

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a quick search, I couldn't find the side panel either. 

 

I did find this: 

WWW.EBAY.COM

<p>[ Small dent on side panel]Corsair 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Black.</p><br /><p>Small dent on side panel</p><p>Comes with original box.</p>

 If you want to spend ~$150 you could buy this and just use it for the side panel which should be the same as yours. 

Owned

 Share

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ENTERPRISE Just purchased the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic. Should be here tomorrow. 

@UltraMega & @J7SC_OrionCorsair do a replacment panel for only £19.99 plus £5.00 shipping which would have been awesome if they had any stock. I also want to get a case ASAP as i have a toddler who likes to touch things he shouldn't and also I wanted a new case regardless. Just tell the my partner I said that. She'll be piss.

  • Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900
GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 xt
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX AMD
RAM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB (4x 16GB) 6400MHz
SSD/NVME: Seagate 2TB Firecuda 520 NVMe
PSU: EVGA supernova 1200 p2 80+ platinum
MONITOR: Asus ROG Strix XG43VQ
CASE: be quiet! Black Pure Base 500 FX
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Sgt_Swanny said:

@ENTERPRISE Just purchased the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic. Should be here tomorrow. 

@UltraMega & @J7SC_OrionCorsair do a replacment panel for only £19.99 plus £5.00 shipping which would have been awesome if they had any stock. I also want to get a case ASAP as i have a toddler who likes to touch things he shouldn't and also I wanted a new case regardless. Just tell the my partner I said that. She'll be piss.

Thanks, that is the one. It is a nice dual chamber case and should do you well, just no throwing it around !

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 27/10/2021 at 10:56, ENTERPRISE said:

Thanks, that is the one. It is a nice dual chamber case and should do you well, just no throwing it around !

Great case. I love mine. I am spoiled rotten for these dual chambered cases now. The O-11 Dynamic gave me a lot of what I had complained about with my previous Corsair Air 540.

Edited by Sir Beregond

Showcase

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1 OLED
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Sir Beregond said:

Great case. I love mine. I am spoiled rotten for these dual chambered cases now. The O-11 Dynamic gave me a lot of what I had complained about with my previous Corsair Air 540.

My next case whenever I do a new build will certainly be dual chamber, just so much easier from a build sense and looks wise can certainly help.

  • Thanks 3

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ENTERPRISE said:

My next case whenever I do a new build will certainly be dual chamber, just so much easier from a build sense and looks wise can certainly help.

 

Lately, I started building in the Thermaltake (TT) Core P series which can be wall-mounted, set up as a test-bench or used as a regular 'case'. BTW, I'm aware that not everyone likes TT and their earlier shenanigans re. Caselabs, but what comes around, goes around (ie. TT Core P7 > Cooler Master Masterframe).

 

Before re-configuring it recently for two mobos, My TT Core P5 build carried an E-ATX Threadripper mobo, 5x thick 360 rads and 5x D5 pumps...

 

The dual-mobo build below is in a TT Core P8 which can be configured various different ways as well. It comes with tempered glass on three sides, as well as mesh. It is HUGE and weighs a lot but it is hard to look at any other case after this one for future builds.  The key for these TT Core series cases is that they offer a superb foundation for extensive custom work...all that is really needed is a Dremel, a drill and a tap and die set.

 

DayPic6U1.thumb.jpg.b6e7b23a33e353154474ab28f6307c70.jpg

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

Lately, I started building in the Thermaltake (TT) Core P series which can be wall-mounted, set up as a test-bench or used as a regular 'case'. BTW, I'm aware that not everyone likes TT and their earlier shenanigans re. Caselabs, but what comes around, goes around (ie. TT Core P7 > Cooler Master Masterframe).

 

Before re-configuring it recently for two mobos, My TT Core P5 build carried an E-ATX Threadripper mobo, 5x thick 360 rads and 5x D5 pumps...

 

The dual-mobo build below is in a TT Core P8 which can be configured various different ways as well. It comes with tempered glass on three sides, as well as mesh. It is HUGE and weighs a lot but it is hard to look at any other case after this one for future builds.  The key for these TT Core series cases is that they offer a superb foundation for extensive custom work...all that is really needed is a Dremel, a drill and a tap and die set.

 

DayPic6U1.thumb.jpg.b6e7b23a33e353154474ab28f6307c70.jpg

That looks like a sweet case actually, though I have to ask, why 5x D5's ? Did you have them run in series for backup reasons ?

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ENTERPRISE said:

That looks like a sweet case actually, though I have to ask, why 5x D5's ? Did you have them run in series for backup reasons ?

 

...dual-loop, with a standard minimum per loop of at least 2x D5 for fail-over etc...  

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

...dual-loop, with a standard minimum per loop of at least 2x D5 for fail-over etc...  

That makes sense. I like to have 2x pumps in my rig for fail-over too. 

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy