Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Aquacomputer Leakshield Issues

So after a long wait the Aquacompter Leak Shield arrived yesterday!

Having a few issues with it which is causing a few headaches. One is the fill level is reading it at 44% when it clearly not.

I'm assuming fill level is in fact the water level. It's worth noting that the picture was taking while there was no vacuum as the water level rises when the vacuum is engage.

I'm also having a issues when the PC is tuned off. Everything is turn off including the pump the only thing which stays on is the leak shield.

I get that the pump adds pressure, but when the system is turn off and alarm is triggered detecting a leak due to a pressure drop. 

I also have a small air leak going into the loop at high mbar. Which is under understandable when a system has negative pressure. 

As far as I know air leaks happen in all systems and is worth to strip my PC down to re tighten everything.

Before installing the leak shield I checked for leaks (water and air) and to my knowledge there wasn't any. 

Any advice would be grateful. 

EDIT: Manage to fix the warning messages when Leak Shield is in standby mode by reducing the pump output from 3430 RMP to 2079RMP. The Pump adds positive to pressure, when the pump is turn off that positive pressure drops resulting in the negative to rise. Causing a "false leak" . 

20220123_152231.jpg

Untitled.png

Edited by Sgt_Swanny

£3000

Owned

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900
GPU: AMD Radeon 6900 xt
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX AMD
RAM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB (4x 16GB) 6400MHz
SSD/NVME: Seagate 2TB Firecuda 520 NVMe
PSU: EVGA supernova 1200 p2 80+ platinum
MONITOR: Asus ROG Strix XG43VQ