Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW,聽register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can:聽

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premiumto unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Should "Bundle" deals or sales that require you to purchase multiple other items also be considered scalping?

schuck6566

I ran across an article saying a store had the ps5 back in stock(I can't get it anyway,they are over seas)so I figured I'd see what it was going for and what was with it for when they came back in stock over here. 馃槻 I looked prices up myself on line for each item.

PlayStation 5 Disc Console = $499.99

Horizon Forbidden West=$60.00

Death Stranding Director鈥檚 Cut=$50.00

Immortals Fenyx Rising=$25.00

Watch Dogs Legion=$15.00

Subnautica: Below Zero=$20.00

Grand Theft Auto V=$10.00

Tom Clancy鈥檚 Rainbow Six Extraction with free steelbook=$60.00 U.S. OR 34 pounds where the "deal" is being sold

Total price before tax = $739.99

REMEMBER I rounded the game prices up and DIDN'T search for sales except the GTA V was listed as on-sale from Sony until the 14th....

NOW the SALE price for this wonderful "bundle" = Sale price拢662.95 which = $833.64 U.S.

$6.35 short of a $100.00 profit by making you buy the ps5 as part of a "bundle" 馃槧

How many were forced to buy other computer parts they didn't need because they needed a video card?

REQUIRING additional items to be purchased so you can purchase the item you want is outrageous. What happens when the grocery store starts requiring that we buy meat when when go to get a loaf of bread? Or Milk when we go to buy some hamburger?

• Respect 1

I wouldn't mind it for consoles if it was Console + A game or two of your choosing + maybe a controller.聽 Thats reasonable for a person who wants the console to maybe dissuade people from buying to scalp.聽 But adding the crappy headset, charger, random games most people don't want that annoys me.

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 12700k
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Tuf Z690 D4
RAM: G-Skill Trident 4000mhz DDR4
GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
SOUNDCARD: EVGA Nu Audio Pro
Full Rig Info