Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Alleged AMD Desktop CPU Roadmap Leaks Out: Ryzen 7000 3D V-Cache In Early 2023


bonami2
4 Attachments

Recommended Posts

Social Media Manager
1.4k 822
Quote

AMD's Alleged Desktop Roadmap Leaked: Ryzen 7000 3D V-Cache In Early 2023, Threadripper & APU Update In Second Half of 2023

WCCFTECH.COM

An AMD Desktop CPU roadmap has leaked out which shows the Ryzen 7000 "Zen 4" 3D V-Cache parts along with next-gen Threadripper & APUs.

 

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryzen 7k 3DVcache soon very soon !

 

spacer.png

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Social Media Manager
1.4k 822

They are going to wreck the 13900k i expect a big increase.

Edited by bonami2

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bonami2 said:

They are going to wreck the 13900k i expect a big increase.

 

I think they might wreck Intel's next HEDT, never mind 13900.

 

Per THW:

Threadripper7000.thumb.jpg.1e86d0609201d4359c77750ab13556ed.jpg

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Social Media Manager
1.4k 822
4 hours ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

I think they might wreck Intel's next HEDT, never mind 13900.

 

Per THW:

Threadripper7000.thumb.jpg.1e86d0609201d4359c77750ab13556ed.jpg

Oh well that not fair!

 

Am mostly interested in gaming perf.

13900k is best upgrade path i can get for ddr4. Or i need to start from zero with am5 ddr5.

Edited by bonami2
  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, bonami2 said:

Oh well that not fair!

 

Am mostly interested in gaming perf.

13900k is best upgrade path i can get for ddr4. Or i need to start from zero with am5 ddr5.

  

...I'm still somewhat conflicted when to upgrade and to what (I use systems for both work and play). Threadripper 7000 would make the most sense from a pure productivity POV, and the TR cores tend to be highly binned, meaning with the right settings, one could meet if not exceed the Ryzen 7950X in gaming. I would consider the '7970X(?)' 32C/64T, not the 64c/128t, with quad channel DDR5 and tons of PCIe lanes. Then again, I don't really need it NOW as my current build (2x systems) is less than 1 1/2 years old. My goal is to wait until early in the new year after AMD, Intel and NVidia CPU and GPU releases have settled down a bit, perhaps even with some refresh-goodies(such as 3dV and Ti) in a competitive market. For now, the 5950X and 3090 Strix still deliver more than enough oomph, even with 'just' DDR4 so I don't have to rush off to be first in line.

Spoiler

Aida_HWI_clocksUU.jpg.8fe8b3522317e68ab636f0d666ef15da.jpg

 

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Social Media Manager
1.4k 822
53 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

  

...I'm still somewhat conflicted when to upgrade and to what (I use systems for both work and play). Threadripper 7000 would make the most sense from a pure productivity POV, and the TR cores tend to be highly binned, meaning with the right settings, one could meet if not exceed the Ryzen 7950X in gaming. I would consider the '7970X(?)' 32C/64T, not the 64c/128t, with quad channel DDR5 and tons of PCIe lanes. Then again, I don't really need it NOW as my current build (2x systems) is less than 1 1/2 years old. My goal is to wait until early in the new year after AMD, Intel and NVidia CPU and GPU releases have settled down a bit, perhaps even with some refresh-goodies(such as 3dV and Ti) in a competitive market. For now, the 5950X and 3090 Strix still deliver more than enough oomph, even with 'just' DDR4 so I don't have to rush off to be first in line.

  Reveal hidden contents

Aida_HWI_clocksUU.jpg.8fe8b3522317e68ab636f0d666ef15da.jpg

 

It like me my ddr4 performance is ways better than i expected and i still have some voltage if i want to go crazy. B die 1.55v

I just feel my 20 thread cpu is lacking a little.

 

24 core will be good for my usage of some game server and heavily multithreaded Beam Ng game for year to come.

 

I think i will be good for 5 years + 😀

cachemem 4000 275 19500.png

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bonami2 said:

It like me my ddr4 performance is ways better than i expected and i still have some voltage if i want to go crazy. B die 1.55v

I just feel my 20 thread cpu is lacking a little.

 

24 core will be good for my usage of some game server and heavily multithreaded Beam Ng game for year to come.

 

I think i will be good for 5 years + 😀

cachemem 4000 275 19500.png

 

Yeah, DDR 4 has a lot of life left in it; I've yet to run any of those at 1.55V. As much as they're rated for 4000 at 1.50V, I undervolt the RAM a bit even at IF 2000 / DDR4 4000...Similar story on the well-cooled 3090 Strix; 520W r_BAR or even the 1,000 W r_BAR really wake that thing up (effective MHz > 2245, GDDR6X RAM > 21 GBs. IMO, not quite in upgrade territory, thus my comment above to wait a bit.

 

Aida_new_comp_3800_3866_4000c3.jpg.b53540a5e2512bfe64a50a3aae39421d.jpg

 

I love to see more info about that new Hynix A-die DDR5, including on the 6400MHz 48 GB/s and 96 GB/s per stick... for a Ryzen 7950X 3D Vcache, 2x 48 GB/s sticks of 6400 would be perfect for partial productivity as well as gaming, and the 4x 96 GB/s would match with TR Storm Peak 7970X (V3 Cache?) nicely.  For now though, cranking the existing system to 10 out of 10 until the new CPUs and GPUs are ready to be considered.

 

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Social Media Manager
1.4k 822
41 minutes ago, J7SC_Orion said:

 

Yeah, DDR 4 has a lot of life left in it; I've yet to run any of those at 1.55V. As much as they're rated for 4000 at 1.50V, I undervolt the RAM a bit even at IF 2000 / DDR4 4000...Similar story on the well-cooled 3090 Strix; 520W r_BAR or even the 1,000 W r_BAR really wake that thing up (effective MHz > 2245, GDDR6X RAM > 21 GBs. IMO, not quite in upgrade territory, thus my comment above to wait a bit.

 

Aida_new_comp_3800_3866_4000c3.jpg.b53540a5e2512bfe64a50a3aae39421d.jpg

 

I love to see more info about that new Hynix A-die DDR5, including on the 6400MHz 48 GB/s and 96 GB/s per stick... for a Ryzen 7950X 3D Vcache, 2x 48 GB/s sticks of 6400 would be perfect for partial productivity as well as gaming, and the 4x 96 GB/s would match with TR Storm Peak 7970X (V3 Cache?) nicely.  For now though, cranking the existing system to 10 out of 10 until the new CPUs and GPUs are ready to be considered.

 

 

My stock ddr4 voltage is 1.45v but yea am pushing it a little hard haha. It really well cooled though.

I love my 6800XT and won't upgrade anytime soon. And for the newer gen i think ddr5 still need a lot of time to improve. Till it reach cl20 6000mhz area of performance.

 

7950x3d seem too good to be true at the same time. I wonder if gaming performance will increase that much.

 

 

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bonami2 said:

 

My stock ddr4 voltage is 1.45v but yea am pushing it a little hard haha. It really well cooled though.

I love my 6800XT and won't upgrade anytime soon. And for the newer gen i think ddr5 still need a lot of time to improve. Till it reach cl20 6000mhz area of performance.

 

7950x3d seem too good to be true at the same time. I wonder if gaming performance will increase that much.

 

 

 

 ...IMO, top-end DDR4 is not too far off DDR5 results in many actual apps and games -but I look forward to DDR5 when the time comes after another push by RAM manufacturers for higher speeds and lower latencies. I am not sure if Hynix A-die is 'the new Sammy-B', but it could develop that way. 

 

As to Intel vs AMD, while my last three new builds all have been AMD (2950X, 3950X, 5950X; never had AMD before that), I am certainly not against Intel if they return to some decent product for a new build. If you already have a LGA 1700 mobo, then 13900K makes sense, but it is the last hurrah for that socket, so buying a new LGA 1700 motherboard at this stage makes no sense in my situation. Meteor Lake / LGA 1800 could be very interesting for a future build, depending...on what AMD does. AM5 socket is supposed to hang around for many years, and the 7950X 3Dvc is out there being tested - question is if/when AMD will release it (which in turn depends on Intel's 13900 'KS'? performance). AMD actually produced engineering samples of the Threadripper Ryzen 5K (Skatterbencher tested an ES version) but never released it to market as Intel was AWOL in that segment. 

 

So go Intel ! Either way, it will heat up the market and accelerate release of the stuff I really want at more reasonable prices 😊

 

Similar story on next-gen GPUs. With a 6900XT (up to 500W) and RTX 3090 (up to 600W) in my dual work-play build, I can wait a lot longer, as posted above. But I do hope that the RDNA3 7900XT will give the RTX 4080/16 a run for its money, and that the rumoured 7900XT_X (dual core mGPU appearing as a single to Windows, drivers) gets a surprise release early in the new year, thus forcing quicker action at 'decent prices' (relatively speaking) by NVidia on the 4090 Ti...

 

Decisions, decisions...

 

  • Respect 2

Owned

 Share

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy