Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

AMD FSR2.2 now available

UltraMega

Update: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/forza-horizon-5-gets-support-for-dlss-2-and-amd-fsr-2.html

I hadn't heard about this until today, but apparently FSR2.1 came out a few weeks ago, and has already been added to a few titles. There is definitely a lack of good comparisons out there, but from what I've seen it seems to be indistinguishable from DLSS now. Looks much better in motion compared to 2.0.

Earlier this week, Farming Simulator 22 received a 1.7.1 patch that deploys a new version of AMD FSR2. AMD update to FSR increases image quality, but also reduces artifacts such as shimmering and ghosting, the most common issues associated with temporal upscaling techniques.

AMD FSR 2.1 is now available, reduces shimmering and ghosting - VideoCardz.com

Edited by UltraMega
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

It'd be really nice if R* would fix the Ultrawide bug.  Or even better any of the bugs in general that completely break the gameplay. -_-  I'd be interested to try FSR out on it at native res using 110% maxed out settings.  I'll bet its better looking than preset "Ultra".  Idk what other titles support it yet.  I know I'm using FSR on Cyberpunk, but I think that's still FSR 1.0 since the mod didn't work for me for some reason.....and FSR 1.0 doesn't really look that great.  I'd honestly rather use RSR.

EDIT:
I know, I know, not exactly FSR 2.1 related.  🤣  I love that AMD is getting better about this tech.  It's helpful even for those on high end setups, and I can only imagine how helpful it is on midrange and lower cards.  I'm back on my 5700XT right now, and things like FSR and RSR are literal game changers at my resolution.  I'd just like to see more implementation of it on games that actually work right out of the box.

Edited by pioneerisloud

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Platinum
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL360 Flux
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B650 Aorus AX
SSD/NVME: Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB Gen4 NVME
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR5-6000
CASE: HAF700 Berserker
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Opteron 180 @ 3.0GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus A8N SLI
RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 2.5-3-3-6
PSU: eVGA 600BQ
GPU: Sapphire HD5870
SOUNDCARD: Asus Xonar DG
OPTICAL: DVDRW with Lightscribe
SSD/NVME: 64GB HP 2.5" SSD
Full Rig Info

Too much

Owned

CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ECS K7S5A
RAM: 2x256MB Corsair XMS DDR400 @ 133MHz / CAS2
PSU: Antec 350w
GPU: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
SOUNDCARD: Creative Live! 5.1
OPTICAL: LG 16x DVD-ROM
OPTICAL 2: IOMagic 48x16x48 CDRW
Full Rig Info

Ghostwire Tokyo just got patched to add XeSS and FSR2.1. IDK if I just had my settings too low before, but now I can play with FRS set to ultra and have a locked 60fps with RT. Having tried XeSS now, FSR2.1 is far superior. XeSS isn't bad, but it has flickering issues where FSR does not. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

Full Rig Info

• UltraMega changed the title to AMD FSR2.2 now available

Update: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/forza-horizon-5-gets-support-for-dlss-2-and-amd-fsr-2.html

Forza 5 to get DLSS2.4, FSR2.2 and in game ray tracing on November 8th. Previously ray tracing was only available in the garage and maybe photo mode but not in actual races. Now it will be in races too. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

Full Rig Info

Owned