Jump to content

Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

 

Registered users can: 

  • Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 - EKWB Quantum Vector Upgrade


Recommended Posts

Man, what a difference water makes. Really a no-brainer, but another example is always nice. I hate air cooling so much, LOL.

1QaQD26.jpg

MCzZkjz.jpg

qGnurcX.jpg

58yO3YW.jpg

bqzLQmM.jpg

zoYrPzU.jpg

CjMIKa0.jpg

OdpNsMw.jpg

vOAZoJj.jpg

azUvthh.jpg

P0yiltY.jpg

CalYRov.png

C9PWEkz.png

mQM5cqC.png

NT6EaSX.jpg

k6MrMdV.png

WApjzxO.jpg

Adld5Wb.jpg

 

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 4

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really solid work! Thank you for pioneering the research on this one. I have the same 3060Ti model. No issues with the Strix BIOS? I think I will wait to try and snag one of the waterblocks for it on ebay used. Great scores BTW, you are going to make @Bastiaan_NL jealous. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice! Thanks for sharing bud. 

 

I know when I went from Air to WC on my 3090, what a difference in temps, night and day. Still a toasty card mind you but not as toasty as it once was lol. 

  • Thanks 1

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Meg Ace X670E
RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB (6000MT/s)
GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra Gaming
SSD/NVME: Corsair MP700 Pro Gen 5 2TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1600Watt
CASE: be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
FANS: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC x 6
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston 2666Mhz
SSD/NVME: 256GB Samsung NVMe
NETWORK: HP 561T 10Gbe (Intel X540 T2)
MOTHERBOARD: Proprietry
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
PSU: 90Watt
CASE: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF
Full Rig Info

£3000

Owned

 Share

CPU: 2 x Xeon|E5-2696-V4 (44C/88T)
RAM: 128GB|16 x 8GB - DDR4 2400MHz (2Rx8)
MOTHERBOARD: HP Z840|Intel C612 Chipset
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2200
HDD: 4x 16TB Toshiba MG08ACA16TE Enterprise
SSD/NVME: Intel 512GB 670p NVMe (Main OS)
SSD/NVME 2: Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe (VM's)
SSD/NVME 3: 2x Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSD's (Apps)
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Avacado said:

Really solid work! Thank you for pioneering the research on this one. I have the same 3060Ti model. No issues with the Strix BIOS? I think I will wait to try and snag one of the waterblocks for it on ebay used. Great scores BTW, you are going to make @Bastiaan_NL jealous. 

Thank you. I bought the block and backplate as a combo used on eBay. The Strix vBIOS works well except for DP #1 has no output. ASUS cards have 2xHDMI and 2xDP. I use a 3-display setup for work (this is my work computer) so I have one monitor with both HDMI and DP connected to the GPU and it automatically flips between HDMI or DP depending on which firmware is applied. The Strix vBIOS is really only useful for maximizing benchmark scores. For gaming and daily use there is no benefit to using it.

 

For the record, the 3060 Ti FTW3 GPU is using the EK-Quantum Vector XC3 RTX 3070 D-RGB and if fits perfectly.

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once I have the external cooling solution in place on Banshee (this work computer) I am probably going to do a shunt mod on the 3060 Ti, then there will be no need or benefit to flipping between the EVGA and ASUS firmware. I have shunt-modded most of my GPUs except for the 3090 K|INGP|N and the benefits are significant. Power limit is eliminated as a performance impediment and leaves only thermals and voltage capping as a performance limiter. I really do not understand the logic behind having a power limit on a CPU or a GPU. I think the concept is stupid and I always try to effectively eliminate power limits so I can focus on increasing voltage, clocks and improving thermals. The CPU or GPU should be able to run wild and free and implementing a power limit is more like deliberately castrating your hardware. Controlling voltage and thermals are necessary for durability and optimal results.

  • Respect 2

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, water is Ampere's friend.

 

As an aside, I get a kick out of how long a lot of AIB 30-series PCB's ended up, yet so many of them either have a lot of empty space, or holes for the airflow passthrough. It made it tricky finding a card that would fit in my case (from a width perspective) and length perspective due to my reservoir mount location.

 

Anyway, 3060 Ti is a great card. Looking forward to your shunt modding.

  • Thanks 1

Showcase

 Share

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1 OLED
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Avacado said:

Really solid work! Thank you for pioneering the research on this one. I have the same 3060Ti model. No issues with the Strix BIOS? I think I will wait to try and snag one of the waterblocks for it on ebay used. Great scores BTW, you are going to make @Bastiaan_NL jealous. 

I'm still ahead, though I love the waterblock 😄

image.png.a58e076eb90db41e61c27ff3d6d8e5d5.png

 

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Once I have the external cooling solution in place on Banshee (this work computer) I am probably going to do a shunt mod on the 3060 Ti, then there will be no need or benefit to flipping between the EVGA and ASUS firmware. I have shunt-modded most of my GPUs except for the 3090 K|INGP|N and the benefits are significant. Power limit is eliminated as a performance impediment and leaves only thermals and voltage capping as a performance limiter. I really do not understand the logic behind having a power limit on a CPU or a GPU. I think the concept is stupid and I always try to effectively eliminate power limits so I can focus on increasing voltage, clocks and improving thermals. The CPU or GPU should be able to run wild and free and implementing a power limit is more like deliberately castrating your hardware. Controlling voltage and thermals are necessary for durability and optimal results.

I totally agree with the powerlimit flaw and things like the boost tables doing what they want. I understand it from their point but for us it's a pain in the ....
Even if you boost lock a card with a custom vf curve it will still move around on the boost table, if only I was able to lock it at an exact clock..
I'm still not done with my 3060Ti, some things are on the way and I'll mod it more and clock it higher. (just so you know 😎)

 

[edit]

And mine is just a single 8 pin, at some point I might blow it up 😂

Edited by Bastiaan_NL
  • Respect 2

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

I'm still ahead, though I love the waterblock 😄

image.png.a58e076eb90db41e61c27ff3d6d8e5d5.png

 

I totally agree with the powerlimit flaw and things like the boost tables doing what they want. I understand it from their point but for us it's a pain in the ....
Even if you boost lock a card with a custom vf curve it will still move around on the boost table, if only I was able to lock it at an exact clock..
I'm still not done with my 3060Ti, some things are on the way and I'll mod it more and clock it higher. (just so you know 😎)

 

[edit]

And mine is just a single 8 pin, at some point I might blow it up 😂

You probably won't get a great deal of effort from me to compete since it is on my work computer. The only reason I purchased it was because my 2080 Ti died. I am going to try to fix it, but I needed something to use for work. The shunt mod would be more of an experiment driven by curiosity about how well it handles it.

  • Thanks 2
  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

You probably won't get a great deal of effort from me to compete since it is on my work computer. The only reason I purchased it was because my 2080 Ti died. I am going to try to fix it, but I needed something to use for work. The shunt mod would be more of an experiment driven by curiosity about how well it handles it.

Dangit, I was hoping we could have some fun together 😂
I understand it though, and the shunt mod was not what I was hoping for. So now I have a few EVC's on the way and more stuff like that to give it a bit more voltage instead of (or with) the shunts (if I can get that working).
 

Edited by Bastiaan_NL
  • Thanks 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Dangit, I was hoping we could have some fun together 😂
I understand it though, and the shunt mod was not what I was hoping for. So now I have a few EVC's on the way and more stuff like that to give it a bit more voltage instead of (or with) the shunts.
 

Looking forward to playing with the EVC as well. Though, I have a LOT to read about on how to use it correctly. I still need to find a functional EVbot. I have been looking off and on for the better part of 2 years for one. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

Dangit, I was hoping we could have some fun together 😂
I understand it though, and the shunt mod was not what I was hoping for. So now I have a few EVC's on the way and more stuff like that to give it a bit more voltage instead of (or with) the shunts (if I can get that working).
 

In that case maybe I will make an exception and join you for some mid-range GPU overclocking rivalry. 

 

I do plan to do the shunt mod, and was going to do it with or without any plans for overclocking just because I can and because I like doing things that make OEMs  and ODMs very unhappy or nervous.

  • Respect 2

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

In that case maybe I will make an exception and join you for some mid-range GPU overclocking rivalry. 

 

I do plan to do the shunt mod, and was going to do it with or without any plans for overclocking just because I can and because I like doing things that make OEMs  and ODMs very unhappy or nervous.

Oooo, please do. I'll have to come up with a reward if you manage to crush @Bastiaan_NL

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, a bit of an update. This 3060 Ti FTW3 was purchased to replace my record-setting 2080 Ti FTW3 that was shunt modded and running a 2000W vBIOS. I knocked my tower over by accident while cleaning my office and when I turned it back on again it had code 43 and "space invaders" artifacts. I was just sick about it. I love this GPU. It spent 3+ years running in almost perpetual beast mode. It ran like a top at 2250 MHz core, +1600 memory at 1.200V and pulled 950W~1050W in Time Spy, 3DMark 11 and Port Royal, and over 1100W with Furmark testing. (Yes, that is how it melted the insulation on power cables.)

 

I tore it apart and bathed it in alcohol and visually it has no defects. I tested it with MATS and Samsung chip B0 has either failed or the BGA was fractured by the shock. I am hopeful it will be repairable and nothing else wrong with it. 

mats version 400.184.  Testing TU102 with 20 MB of memory starting with 0 MB.

Read    Error Count: 0
Write   Error Count: 717805
Unknown Error Count: 0

=== MEMORY ERRORS BY SUBPARTITION ===
SUBPART READ ERRORS WRITE ERRORS UNKNOWN ERRS
------- ----------- ------------ ------------
FBIOA0            0            0            0
FBIOA1            0            0            0
FBIOB0            0       717805            0
FBIOB1            0            0            0
FBIOC0            0            0            0
FBIOC1            0            0            0
FBIOD0            0            0            0
FBIOD1            0            0            0
FBIOE0            0            0            0
FBIOE1            0            0            0
FBIOF0            0            0            0
FBIOF1            0            0            0

Failing Bits: 
   B000 B001 B002 B003 B004 B005 B006 B007 B008 B009 B010 B011 B012 B013 B014 B015 

=== MEMORY ERRORS BY BIT ===
P : Partition (FBIO)
                                            READ 0 READ 1 READ ?
P BIT READ ERRORS WRITE ERRORS UNKNOWN ERRS EXP. 1 EXP. 0 EXP. ?
- --- ----------- ------------ ------------ ------ ------ ------
B 000           0       776620            0 595624 180996      0
B 001           0       688440            0 271326 417114      0
B 002           0       806002            0 655095 150907      0
B 003           0       776706            0 180896 595810      0
B 004           0       688386            0 417028 271358      0
B 005           0       747347            0 210980 536367      0
B 006           0       688395            0 417049 271346      0
B 007           0       776663            0 180955 595708      0
B 008           0       629617            0 298088 331529      0
B 009           0       747307            0 211014 536293      0
B 010           0       776535            0 595472 181063      0
B 011           0       747350            0 210957 536393      0
B 012           0       776594            0 595601 180993      0
B 013           0       747319            0 211022 536297      0
B 014           0       688416            0 417131 271285      0
B 015           0       659160            0 301303 357857      0

 

report.txt

Edited by Mr. Fox

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

So, a bit of an update. This 3060 Ti FTW3 was purchased to replace my record-setting 2080 Ti FTW3 that was shunt modded and running a 2000W vBIOS. I knocked my tower over by accident while cleaning my office and when I turned it back on again it had code 43 and "space invaders" artifacts. I was just sick about it. I love this GPU. It spent 3+ years running in almost perpetual beast mode. It ran like a top at 2250 MHz core, +1600 memory at 1.200V and pulled 950W~1050W in Time Spy, 3DMark 11 and Port Royal, and over 1100W with Furmark testing. (Yes, that is how it melted the insulation on power cables.)

 

I tore it apart and bathed it in alcohol and visually it has no defects. I tested it with MATS and Samsung chip B0 has either failed or the BGA was fractured by the shock. I am hopeful it will be repairable and nothing else wrong with it. 

mats version 400.184.  Testing TU102 with 20 MB of memory starting with 0 MB.

Read    Error Count: 0
Write   Error Count: 717805
Unknown Error Count: 0

=== MEMORY ERRORS BY SUBPARTITION ===
SUBPART READ ERRORS WRITE ERRORS UNKNOWN ERRS
------- ----------- ------------ ------------
FBIOA0            0            0            0
FBIOA1            0            0            0
FBIOB0            0       717805            0
FBIOB1            0            0            0
FBIOC0            0            0            0
FBIOC1            0            0            0
FBIOD0            0            0            0
FBIOD1            0            0            0
FBIOE0            0            0            0
FBIOE1            0            0            0
FBIOF0            0            0            0
FBIOF1            0            0            0

Failing Bits: 
   B000 B001 B002 B003 B004 B005 B006 B007 B008 B009 B010 B011 B012 B013 B014 B015 

=== MEMORY ERRORS BY BIT ===
P : Partition (FBIO)
                                            READ 0 READ 1 READ ?
P BIT READ ERRORS WRITE ERRORS UNKNOWN ERRS EXP. 1 EXP. 0 EXP. ?
- --- ----------- ------------ ------------ ------ ------ ------
B 000           0       776620            0 595624 180996      0
B 001           0       688440            0 271326 417114      0
B 002           0       806002            0 655095 150907      0
B 003           0       776706            0 180896 595810      0
B 004           0       688386            0 417028 271358      0
B 005           0       747347            0 210980 536367      0
B 006           0       688395            0 417049 271346      0
B 007           0       776663            0 180955 595708      0
B 008           0       629617            0 298088 331529      0
B 009           0       747307            0 211014 536293      0
B 010           0       776535            0 595472 181063      0
B 011           0       747350            0 210957 536393      0
B 012           0       776594            0 595601 180993      0
B 013           0       747319            0 211022 536297      0
B 014           0       688416            0 417131 271285      0
B 015           0       659160            0 301303 357857      0

 

report.txt 75 kB · 0 downloads

That IS heartbreaking. I remember being torn up about selling my "Golden" 2080Ti, but it never got over 2200 core, so I can only imagine how that would have felt. 

  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/10/2022 at 19:24, Avacado said:

Oooo, please do. I'll have to come up with a reward if you manage to crush @Bastiaan_NL

What kind of reward?

 

HWBOT.ORG

The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (GA104) @ 2070/2050MHzscores getScoreFormatted in the 3DMark11 - Performance benchmark. Mr. Foxranks #null worldwide and #3 in the hardware class. Find out more...

image_id_2786308.jpeg

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

What kind of reward?

 

HWBOT.ORG

The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (GA104) @ 2070/2050MHzscores getScoreFormatted in the 3DMark11 - Performance benchmark. Mr. Foxranks #null worldwide and #3 in the hardware class. Find out more...

image_id_2786308.jpeg

Well have to see if he tries to respond. You don't know what it's like to have @Bastiaan_NLthinking about ways to beat your score. When he engages, it's over. Once he admits defeat on a bench, I will for sure think of a prize. I don't know, any old GPU's you'd like to have?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I was reading along and working on the card last night 😂

*excuses excuses*
Card wasn't happy with what I did, ask @pioneerisloud cause he was watching me blow up the VRMs 🔥
 

  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Avacado said:

Well have to see if he tries to respond. You don't know what it's like to have @Bastiaan_NLthinking about ways to beat your score. When he engages, it's over. Once he admits defeat on a bench, I will for sure think of a prize. I don't know, any old GPU's you'd like to have?

I don't usually burn any calories worrying about it. Everyone that has a pulse likes the idea of being a winner, but I think it is highly overrated unless it means you're getting more money. But, I am not a competitive person by nature. I do get a mild sense of satisfaction knowing it bugs competitive people that I mostly don't care. Sometimes it bothers them more if they discover that the accomplishment they worked so hard to surpass represented a half-hearted and casual effort on my part. That probably qualifies me as an agitator more than a contestant.

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I don't usually burn any calories worrying about it. Everyone that has a pulse likes the idea of being a winner, but I think it is highly overrated unless it means you're getting more money. But, I am not a competitive person by nature. I do get a mild sense of satisfaction knowing it bugs competitive people that I mostly don't care. Sometimes it bothers them more if they discover that the accomplishment they worked so hard to surpass represented a half-hearted and casual effort on my part. That probably qualifies me as an agitator more than a contestant.

Precisely what I'm hoping for in this case.  That Nederlander is a very competitive person indeed :)

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Precisely what I'm hoping for in this case.  That Nederlander is a very competitive person indeed 🙂

that's not nice Chris, not at all... Why don't you start modding your 3060Ti to give it a try? 😛 

  • Respect 2

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

that's not nice Chris, not at all... Why don't you start modding your 3060Ti to give it a try? 😛 

Perhaps next year I will. I hate having to condense HWbot things to every other weekend. It's really turning me off to trying things with hardware because I feel rushed. You should be happy, there isn't a score you can't beat when you apply yourself. Iv'e seen it too many times when trying to compete with you :)

  • Respect 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Avacado said:

Perhaps next year I will. I hate having to condense HWbot things to every other weekend. It's really turning me off to trying things with hardware because I feel rushed. You should be happy, there isn't a score you can't beat when you apply yourself. Iv'e seen it too many times when trying to compete with you 🙂

This might seem to be the case, but more often than I like to admit I'm sitting with my hands in my hair trying to be competitive with a lot of hardware I own.
Yes, there are things I can do well but I'm nowhere close to the pro's. 
And I do understand your situation, usually I switch to something I know that works to have some fun instead.

  • Respect 1

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KF
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 6400CL30-38-38-28
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
GPU: Galax 4090 Hall Of Fame OCLabs Edition
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bastiaan_NL said:

This might seem to be the case, but more often than I like to admit I'm sitting with my hands in my hair trying to be competitive with a lot of hardware I own.
Yes, there are things I can do well but I'm nowhere close to the pro's. 
And I do understand your situation, usually I switch to something I know that works to have some fun instead.

Well, the pro's came from somewhere... I have the most fun when we are doing it together, you know that!

 

*Edit: Insert inappropriate joke here. 

Edited by Avacado
  • Respect 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Shunt mod...  no more power limits... just gimped on voltage now.

WWW.3DMARK.COM

Intel Core i9-12900KS Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti x 1, 32768 MB, 64-bit Windows 11}

 

HWBOT.ORG

The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (GA104) @ 2175/2075MHzscores getScoreFormatted in the 3DMark - Fire Strike benchmark. Mr. Foxranks #null worldwide and #2 in the hardware class. Find out more at HWBOT.


image_id_2805261.jpeg

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 4

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900KF - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim-X + Byski Block
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W
SSD/NVME: NVMe x9 (11TB), SATA SSD x1 (1TB), HDD x1 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: MO-RA 360, D5 x4, 5 Gal Reservoir, Hailea HC-500A
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EVO
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS - Bare Die
MOTHERBOARD: ASUSTeK ROG Maximum Z790 Apex Encore
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 48GB DDR5 @ 8600 - On Water
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC + Alphacool Block
PSU: Corsair RM1200x Shift
SSD/NVME: NVMe x8 (11.5TB), SATA SSD x2 (3TB), HDD x1 (2TB)
CPU COOLER: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 1080 Nova, D5 x2
CASE: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901
Full Rig Info

Owned

 Share

CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K - Delidded
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i Edge WiFi (ITX)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 @ 8000
GPU: ASROCK Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC
PSU: GameMax 850W Gold ARGB
SSD/NVME: NVMe x3 (4TB), SATA SSD x4 (4TB)
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus CR360 Dark AIO
CASE: ASUS Prime AP201 Micro Tower TG
Full Rig Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ExtremeHW uses Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of products and services. ExtremeHW has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. For more information please see our Privacy Policy