Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Pain and the hobby... discuss your pain.

Premium Platinum - Lifetime

So, here's an update. Bitching maybe but I thought @speed_demonmight be interested, and you should do an update on your skeletal problems and ankolosing spondilitis if you're up for it. It really helps to have the support of you guys here.

Saw my physical therapist today for the first time since around May 25th because they couldn't get me scheduled for that period, so I was supposed to do 6 more weeks going to the end of July. I told them the rest period didn't help, and I've been having moderate to severe pain (5-7) in both hips almost every day for this period from May 25th to June 18th.

She took angle and strength measurements to send to my hip surgeon, and told me not to come back for PT because it always just makes my pain worse. She said the doctor needs to do something else but what that is, I don't know.

I realize the pain is because I haven't healed all the way yet on both hips, so maybe in a year my pain will be gone? I had the left hip done Sept 8th and the right hip done April 4th. I heal more slowly because of my smoking. 😞

The good news is, my PCP switched me off 50mg Tramadol twice daily as it wasn't helping at all. We asked, and he decided to give me Tylenol #4 (60mg codeine, 300 tylenol) instead which I thought was probably not possible (I was on Tylenol #3 in the past which is 30/300). I am extremely happy that I will have something stronger for pain control, but I really don't want to be doped up all the time anymore- unfortunately, I don't have much choice. The other option discussed was increasing my Gabapentin, a nerve pain medication (I get 1200mg daily but at one point in the past was on 3000mg daily, the maximum dose).

The doctor did warn me that being on opioids and benzos for long periods of time affects the brain and cognitive functioning. I also have chronic low sodium and theres some small chance that the low sodium could cause me to collapse and go into a coma. Low sodium also affects mental functioning, not to mention the zyprexa and seroquel I take to sleep. I'm pretty concerned about this, but if I'm in this much pain in my hips I don't have much choice but to take the meds, or suffer greatly.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text but that's my update and where I am now. PC building, I might jump on the 9900x when it comes out and I can probably install it myself. 😉 If you read all this, god bless.

• Respect 1

$5500

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X3D 2100MHz fclk
RAM: G.skill TridentZ5 7600MHz 36-45-45-45 1.425v
GPU: MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 3.135GHz/12.152GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming Wifi
SSD/NVME: Crucial T700 1TB Gen 5 M.2
MONITOR: Acer Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 144Hz HDR400 FreeSync
CASE: anidees Ai Crystal AR3 Midtower
CPU COOLER: EK Nucleus AIO CR360 Dark w/ PTM7950
Full Rig Info