Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

AMD RDNA4 Rumored Specifications: Monstrous 129 FP32 TFLOPS GPU, GDDR7, 3.5 GHz Clock Rates And More

bonami2

Social Media Manager
1.4k 814

One of the things that was lacking with AMD’s RDNA3 architecture was the ray tracing and AI/ML performance and AMD is looking to fix that with RDNA4. Caches will get big upgrades and 3rd Generation Infinity Cache is going to be rolled out along with a new data prefetch system. WMMA (Wave Matrix Multiply-Accumulate) V2 will also enable 2x the performance per CU for (presumably) matrix instructions allowing full SIMD lane usage. Even though the total increase in CUs is around 50%, the performance increase generation over generation is 100% - which is superb to hear. 

WCCFTECH.COM

RedGamingTech has published a lot of information about the AMD RDNA4 architecture and upcoming Navi 41, Navi 42 and Navi 43 GPUs. This is one of the first leaks from a known leaker and while RGT has a...

Edited by bonami2
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect 2

Owned

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z790i EDGE
CPU: Intel 13900k + Top Mounted 280mm Aio
RAM: 2x24gb Gskill 6400 cl36-48-48 1.4v
PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold White Edition
GPU: UHD ULTRA EXTREME BANANA GRAPHIC
MONITOR: [Monitor] LG CX48 OLED [VR] Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus OLED + Meta Quest 2 120hz
CASE: CoolerMaster NR200P White Mini ITX
SSD/NVME: 2TB Intel 660p 1tb sn850 1tb sn770
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Asus Strix G15 AE 6800m 5900hx 32gb ram 1440p
RAM: MSI GT60 Dominator 870m 4800MQ
GPU: Alienware M11x R2 i7 640um Nvidia 335m 8gb Ram
MONITOR: Lenovo X270 1080p i7 7600u 16gb ram
SSD/NVME: Acer Chromebook 11.6
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Ryzen 5560u
MOTHERBOARD: Beelink SER5 Mini PC Box
RAM: 2x32gb Sodimm
CASE: Jonsbo N1 Mini ITX
HDD: 8TB + 4TB HDD + 2 x Intel DC S3500 800GB
Full Rig Info

This is what I've heard. It will be really interesting to see what happen will when AMD makes RT a priority and has a more mature chiplet design. 

Edited by UltraMega

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

On 19/12/2022 at 20:30, bonami2 said:
WCCFTECH.COM

RedGamingTech has published a lot of information about the AMD RDNA4 architecture and upcoming Navi 41, Navi 42 and Navi 43 GPUs. This is one of the first leaks from a known leaker and while RGT has a...

...true mGPU chiplets in a GCD (GCXs ?) is something I have been posting about at EHW for about three years or so now (hope springs eternal😬), the most recent one > here. The key will be the infinity fabric or whatever they're going to call it between GCXs.

...performance gains by future AMD and NVidia (and Intel ??) GPUs should continue to be breathtaking. I am in the software field and as such usually have a lot of equipment handy for work and play...the last few gens have made some pretty big leaps already but with die shrinkage and mGPU, it should be quite a feast. 

For comparison, two x 2080 Ti in NVLink managed just over 21,000 in Port Royal (and 12,000 in Superposition 8k). The single 6900XT is around 12,000 in Port Royal (7.200 in Superposition 8k) while the 3090 Strix hits about 16,000 in Port Royal (and close to 9,000 in Superposition 8k). Those were the previous years' goodies...now, my 4090 hits almost 30,000 in Port Royal and just under 17,000 in Superposition 8k...quite a change over the last few years, and no reason to expect that this trend will stop (subject to potential delays via the economy).

Finally, driver technology (think alphabet soup of RTX, FSR, DSR, DLSS3, Frame Insertion, NV Reflex....) will also have to play a major role with the new hardware over the coming years.

Edited by J7SC_Orion
  • Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

I'm guessing we'll see an RDNA3+ first (think like Zen+ that ironed out some early issues with Zen 1), and then yeah makes sense that RDNA4 then should be hopefully a nice Zen 2 moment for RTG. 

Problem with AMD is its always the next thing that's supposed to be the big winner. Its too bad really, they won a lot of mindshare with RDNA2, but then blew it with RDNA3.

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey
Full Rig Info

1 hour ago, Sir Beregond said:

I'm guessing we'll see an RDNA3+ first (think like Zen+ that ironed out some early issues with Zen 1), and then yeah makes sense that RDNA4 then should be hopefully a nice Zen 2 moment for RTG. 

Problem with AMD is its always the next thing that's supposed to be the big winner. Its too bad really, they won a lot of mindshare with RDNA2, but then blew it with RDNA3.

I don't think they've blown it yet. The 7900xt/xtx despite it's flaws it's still a better value for the money compared to Nvidia right now, at least on pure performance. If they can iron out the issue causing more variable clock speeds before they release any more cards, they can definitely turn this around. Neither team has shown what the mid range is going to look like. I think whoever release a card that non-enthusiasts actually want to buy first will be the mindshare winner this round, and AMD and Nvidia both still seem a ways off from doing that. Given how upside down the GPU market is, there is plenty of room to correct these mistakes right now. No one expected AMD to win the enthusiast level race anyway. 

AMD stopped making the RX6800 pretty early, as that was a sort of rushed out card that they felt had too much ram for the GPU power, so they replaced it with the RX6750XT which has less ram. No reason they can't do that again and phase these first batch cards out over time. 

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, UltraMega said:

I don't think they've blown it yet. The 7900xt/xtx despite it's flaws it's still a better value for the money compared to Nvidia right now, at least on pure performance. If they can iron out the issue causing more variable clock speeds before they release any more cards, they can definitely turn this around. Neither team has shown what the mid range is going to look like. I think whoever release a card that non-enthusiasts actually want to buy first will be the mindshare winner this round, and AMD and Nvidia both still seem a ways off from doing that. Given how upside down the GPU market is, there is plenty of room to correct these mistakes right now. No one expected AMD to win the enthusiast level race anyway. 

AMD stopped making the RX6800 pretty early, as that was a sort of rushed out card that they felt had too much ram for the GPU power, so they replaced it with the RX6750XT which has less ram. No reason they can't do that again and phase these first batch cards out over time. 

Bigger issue is AMD was pretty transparent in the RDNA2 announcement and that included comparisons to the competition and for the most part their charts were fairly accurate. Fast forward 2 years and the RDNA3 announcement was quite different. Lot of "up to" performance claims that were one offs, not the average, and so they ended up in a situation that overhyped the 7900XTX and so when it released and average performance was down from what they tried to paint it as, well yeah they blew it. Then all the talks on gen on gen efficiency gains were flat out false. Yeah, they totally botched the launch and the goodwill they built up with gamers following RDNA2.

I agree with you on the 7900XTX being a good value card relative to the competition, but it looses a lot to (power efficiency, RT), and frankly I started to see 4080's that sat on shelves at my local Micro Center start selling out after the RDNA3 launch. Also the 7900XT is not good value at all and is definitely overpriced.

If we want to talk about how AMD handled expectations, marketing, branding, pricing, performance claims, they did absolutely blow it. Also the cards feel rushed. I get why they did it, but clearly they have issues. It's a botched launch in my mind.

Edited by Sir Beregond
  • Thanks 1

Showcase

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4-3600 (@ 3733 14-8-14-14-21-35 1T GDM)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
SSD/NVME: x2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
SSD/NVME 2: Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
MONITOR: LG 48" C1
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K, Core i9-10900K, Core i3-13100, Core i9-13900KS
GPU: various
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR3-2400 | Oloy Blade 16GB DDR4-3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR5-5600
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA Z790 Dark Kingpin
SSD/NVME: Samsung 870 Evo 1TB | Inland 1TB Gen 4
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 12 1500W
CASE: Cooler Master MasterFrame 700 - bench mode
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 LTSC
Full Rig Info

Owned

CPU: M1 Pro
RAM: 32GB
SSD/NVME: 1TB
OPERATING SYSTEM: MacOS Sonoma
CASE: Space Grey