Welcome to ExtremeHW

Welcome to ExtremeHW, register to take part in our community, don't worry this is a simple FREE process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Registered users can: 

• Start new topics and reply to others.
  • Show off your PC using our Rig Creator feature.
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get updates.
  • Get your own profile page to customize.
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Take advantage of site exclusive features.
  • Upgrade to Premium to unlock additional sites features.
IGNORED

Would you, or would you not?

Avacado
3 Attachments

Do it or not?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree to building a custom loop for a new OCN member that lives locally and expose your location with all it's tech inside (Get robbed maybe)?

• Yes, start your business.
    • No, too risky, you are going to get robbed for everything in the dungeon.

20 hours ago, ENTERPRISE said:

My personal view on this is if I was working a home business, said customer would only see the "Working Area" and no more. Plus the working area would be cleared of all items not necessary for the needs of the customer. 

This means that should the customer be of questionable character, they are only seeing what you allow them to see and you are not openly advertising items for theft. 

Furthermore I would have a Camera in said area operating, only even if it be during the customers visits. This tells them they are on camera and will likely deter them from any prior thoughts of theft. 

Personally my house is outfitted with CCTV inside and out, in key areas. I live in a town and occasionally move expensive gear in and out. So I make it clear that if you come for me, I will catch you lol.

I think its good to help others/have a business but you must protect yourself. Especially if its at your home, for you and your families sake. 

..... and yes...all clients should ve invited to EHW for online customer support 😛

Should give out our EHW business cards!

...^This

I would just add that having a reasonably sized (and well trained) dog can also help in this situation 

• Thanks 1
  • Respect 1

Owned

CPU: CPU: ><.......7950X3D - Aorus X670E Master - 48GB DDR5 7200 (8000) TridentZ SK Hynix - Giga-G-OC/Galax RTX 4090 670W - LG 48 OLED - 4TB NVMEs >< .......5950X - Asus CH 8 Dark Hero - 32GB CL13 DDR4 4000 - AMD R 6900XT 500W - Philips BDM40 4K VA - 2TB NVME & 3TB SSDs >> - <<.......4.4 TR 2950X - MSI X399 Creation - 32 GB CL 14 3866 - Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC/KPin 520W and 2x RTX 2080 Ti Gigabyte XTR WF WB 380W - LG 55 IPS HDR - 1TB NVME & 4TB SSDs
Full Rig Info

I'm a little surprised that there's this much concern about it being unsafe. Being able to see his ocn account history is a lot more info than I ever get about a customer before I meet with them. The only difference is that I advertise that sort of thing, but unless it's a new account with some kind of red flags on it, I wouldn't be worried at all. 

• Thanks 1

Owned

CPU: 5800x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
RAM: XMP 3600mhz CL16
GPU: 7900XT
SOUNDCARD: Sound Blaster Z 5.1 home theater
MONITOR: 4K 65 inch TV
Full Rig Info

2 hours ago, UltraMega said:

I'm a little surprised that there's this much concern about it being unsafe. Being able to see his ocn account history is a lot more info than I ever get about a customer before I meet with them. The only difference is that I advertise that sort of thing, but unless it's a new account with some kind of red flags on it, I wouldn't be worried at all. 

I think that was part of the issue, what with it being a "new" member there isn't really much of a history to ck out. 🙂

Of course we on HERE are all to be trusted without question. 😉

• Thanks 1